PDA

View Full Version : More mistakes

Question_Authority
01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
I am watching news here in NH and all I see is leading candidates at major rallies with huge cheering crowds today.

Obviously these were planned well in advance.

2000 people came out to see Obama, for instance...and he is shaping up to be one of our biggest rivals for the independent vote.

What did the RP campaign do today? Small events, nothing media-worthy.

Oh...and we were only told about them 24-36 hours ago.

OH! AND WE, AS SUPPORTERS, WERE TOLD NOT TO ATTEND THESE EVENTS!!!!!!!!! This is typical of the "stealth campaign" they are running in NH.

These events were "only for undecideds".

OHHH!!! And by the way, we were supposed to get all of our undecided friends to drop what they were doing and rush to see Ron Paul on short notice.

Right now what is needed in NH is for people to see Ron Paul garnering LARGE CHEERING CROWDS so they will see the amount of support he has, so they will not feel like they are wasting their vote!!!!!!!!!

Why do I know this, but the illustrious campaign doesn't? Oh, yeah, it's because the only thing they have ever done is GET HIM ELECTED TO THE 14TH DISTRICT OF TEXAS.

You campaign ass-kissers really need to wake up. We need to circulate a petition to get RP to hire some experts.

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
We are working on it my friend; we sent the Open Letter but have yet to receive a response.

Alabama Supporter
01-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I have no idea what is going on. I keep seeing these 7% polls and it is VERY discouraging.

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:24 PM
The 7% polls are to prepare NH for vote fraud. His real support is more like 14-15%.

In fact, the most recent poll said 14%. The only one who still says 7% is AP, and we all know who they protect.

ronpaulfan
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Campaign = F*cking stupid, slow and low-tech

Replace them

literatim
01-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Rallying is nothing but speaking to the choir. He needs to talk to small groups of the undecided.

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah I agree rally may not be best strategy. But campaign still should respond to open letter. We will ask them tomorrow for response as well.

Question_Authority
01-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Rallying is nothing but speaking to the choir. He needs to talk to small groups of the undecided.

Did you not read my post? The undecided rallies are not being advertised in time! Undecideds are not passionate supporters who will drop everything and rush to see him!

AND AGAIN, 2 days before the primary we need some BIG SPLASHES in the media. We need everyone who is wondering whether they should "waste their vote" to vote for Paul to be convinced that he has a HUGE FOLLOWING.

GET IT??????

Obama and Clinton are doing it. Look how many people voted for them in IA compared to how many people voted for Paul.

Think MAYBE we should take a page from their playbook?

PLUS, supporters can BRING undecideds with them. This would make it much more likely that undecideds would SHOW UP. AND the undecideds will be swept up in the passion of the supporters.

But if we don;t KNOW about the f#&$^ing meetings til the last minute, we're screwed! And if no supporters are there, all he will have are luke-warm audiences who are trying to understand his complex messages.

UGH

dircha
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Perhaps because the campaign knows that our over enthusiastic supporters can have the effect of turning people off who are not libertarians or young independent voters.

Also, people not there seeing large cheering crowds assumes that television media covers it. That isn't happening.

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
The 7% polls are to prepare NH for vote fraud. His real support is more like 14-15%.

That's the same crap we were saying before Iowa...

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
There is a poll from today showing him at 14% in NH. But I completely agree with your criticisms. I'm pissed that the campaign seems to be living in 1988. This is bad for all of us who want the Constitution back.

coboman
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't know how to feel anymore. I know the Official Campaign to be one of the most incompetent organizations I have ever seen. They are loosing this bigtime, they originally said they needed 12 million to win both Iowa and NH, and with 20 million they haven't been able to do anything.

The money given to them is being wasted, while small grassroots efforts like Jefferson county are bringing great results.

I just wish they could give all the money we have donated to them, to competent grassroots endeavors.

Because a major change of staff will be too little, too late.

literatim
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
coboman , seriously, just shut the fuck up.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Nobody pays attention unless you have crowds.
People need to know there is a PHENOMENON happening.
I'll be in NH tomorrow and the campaign can kiss my ass.

liberty_Forever
01-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Damn right! There is a fire in my heart for liberty that nothing will put out!

coboman
01-06-2008, 12:03 AM
coboman , seriously, just shut the fuck up.
What is wrong with my post now? People have stated that it is too late to change staff.
And the possibility of the official campaign to fund independent efforts is supposed to be legal.
What is wrong with that?

Soccrmastr
01-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I am watching news here in NH and all I see is leading candidates at major rallies with huge cheering crowds today.

2000 people came out to see Obama, for instance...and he is shaping up to be one of our biggest rivals for the independent vote.

OH! AND WE, AS SUPPORTERS, WERE TOLD NOT TO ATTEND THESE EVENTS!!!!!!!!! This is typical of the "stealth campaign" they are running in NH.

OHHH!!! And by the way, we were supposed to get all of our undecided friends to drop what they were doing and rush to see Ron Paul on short notice.

Right now what is needed in NH is for people to see Ron Paul garnering LARGE CHEERING CROWDS so they will see the amount of support he has, so they will not feel like they are wasting their vote!!!!!!!!!

Why do I know this, but the illustrious campaign doesn't? Oh, yeah, it's because the only thing they have ever done is GET HIM ELECTED TO THE 14TH DISTRICT OF TEXAS.

You campaign ass-kissers really need to wake up. We need to circulate a petition to get RP to hire some experts.

Why don't you get your lazy ass down to a grassroots HQ and do stuff instead of watching news all day. Don't complain about shit not happening if your fucking around on your couch watch Tv all day

0zzy
01-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I've been waiting for them to have undecideds only events.

But not it seems too late.

LizF
01-06-2008, 07:43 AM

I tend to avoid criticism of HQ, especially since I know how hard these folks have been working (at least from what I know personally of NH HQ), but I share your frustration about the short notice for these events--and the occasional confusion about them. ==> For example, with the RP appearance at Thomas More College last month, there was confusion about whether RP would be at the Merrimack Campus or at an event being held at Greeley Park. We also didn't know how long he was supposed to be there.

Moreover, I think these events need to be better advertised. For example, the Nashua Telegraph only lists RP's appearance at the Liberty Forum today, (they also list the GOP brunch in Milford which RP will be attending, but the Telegraph doesn't specify which candidates will be there), but *nothing* about the "Televised Town Hall" in Manchester from 5-6 pm (although Kucinich has his TV event listed, with mention of the channel it will be on).

Link: http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080106/NEWSBLOG/447182570/-1/newsblog

I emailed Kate Rick about this this morning, but even if the Telegraph updates the online version, it's too late for the print version.

I can understand why the campaign doesn't want to have an "echo chamber" of supporters which might end up overwhelming and intimidating undecideds who just want to learn more about RP (and not necessarily attend a rally) but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a few pro-RP in the mix.

LizF
01-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Why don't you get your lazy ass down to a grassroots HQ and do stuff instead of watching news all day. Don't complain about shit not happening if your fucking around on your couch watch Tv all day

This statement might be applicable to other folks on this forum, but certainly not to Question_Authority. I know her to be an extremely dedicated RP supporter, who has donated, canvassed extensively, attended straw polls in the state, participated in sign waves, started & run a meetup group--and so much more.

You're way out of line in this case.

rich34
01-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Zogby's last poll in Iowa put Ron at 10%. His latest poll that's out today has Ron at 6%. We better get a huge turnout!

Dlynne
01-06-2008, 07:58 AM

I am SO in favor of this. RP needs a professional speech coach, professional campaign manager, and a professional media coordinator. I thought this was part of the reason we sent that money. There is no shame is hiring top notch people to help with winning an election.

itshappening
01-06-2008, 07:59 AM
the campaign is either inept or under internal sabotage, I happen to think both

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Did you not read my post? The undecided rallies are not being advertised in time! Undecideds are not passionate supporters who will drop everything and rush to see him!

AND AGAIN, 2 days before the primary we need some BIG SPLASHES in the media. We need everyone who is wondering whether they should "waste their vote" to vote for Paul to be convinced that he has a HUGE FOLLOWING.

GET IT??????

Obama and Clinton are doing it. Look how many people voted for them in IA compared to how many people voted for Paul.

Think MAYBE we should take a page from their playbook?

PLUS, supporters can BRING undecideds with them. This would make it much more likely that undecideds would SHOW UP. AND the undecideds will be swept up in the passion of the supporters.

But if we don;t KNOW about the f#&$^ing meetings til the last minute, we're screwed! And if no supporters are there, all he will have are luke-warm audiences who are trying to understand his complex messages.

UGH

Then contact the campaign and talk to them about it. Yelling about it here, does nothing at all.

I see your point, but I agree with the campaign that earlier they needed to talk to the undecideds, without a pack of chanting people surrounding them.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I tend to avoid criticism of HQ, especially since I know how hard these folks have been working (at least from what I know personally of NH HQ), but I share your frustration about the short notice for these events--and the occasional confusion about them. ==> For example, with the RP appearance at Thomas More College last month, there was confusion about whether RP would be at the Merrimack Campus or at an event being held at Greeley Park. We also didn't know how long he was supposed to be there.

Moreover, I think these events need to be better advertised. For example, the Nashua Telegraph only lists RP's appearance at the Liberty Forum today, (they also list the GOP brunch in Milford which RP will be attending, but the Telegraph doesn't specify which candidates will be there), but *nothing* about the "Televised Town Hall" in Manchester from 5-6 pm (although Kucinich has his TV event listed, with mention of the channel it will be on).

Link: http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080106/NEWSBLOG/447182570/-1/newsblog

I emailed Kate Rick about this this morning, but even if the Telegraph updates the online version, it's too late for the print version.

I can understand why the campaign doesn't want to have an "echo chamber" of supporters which might end up overwhelming and intimidating undecideds who just want to learn more about RP (and not necessarily attend a rally) but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a few pro-RP in the mix.

Oh geez. This is bad.

LizF
01-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh geez. This is bad.

Indeed. This isn't the first time RP events haven't been listed in the papers here. How are undecideds supposed to go to these events if they don't know about them ahead of time / if they aren't well advertised? Several folks I know have addressed these concerns w/Concord HQ, but then stuff like this keeps happening. I don't doubt that the media can also be to blame (as we saw with llepard's ad last week), but still....

:( :mad:

liberty_Forever
01-06-2008, 08:19 AM
"the campaign is either inept or under internal sabotage, I happen to think both"

Agreed