PDA

View Full Version : I spent my VACATION campaigning - where are you guys?

greves
01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
So I recently took a New Years vacation and spent 8 days in Los Angeles (Santa Monica). I spent at least a few hours every day down on Third Street holding a Ron Paul sign and passing out information and chatting up passerbys. This is a big town in a huge state with lots of RP supporters, yet I was the only one out.

I imagine the situation is a lot worse in other parts of the country.

Guys, it's not hard! Actually, its a TON of fun to get out there and talk to people as they walk past, trying to ignore you. It's a lot like fishing - you have to profile and decide which issue to bring up with this person because you only get one shot, and see if you can get a bite (i.e. stop in their tracks, turn around, and say "that sounds good!").

I can say for certain that I converted at least a dozen new supporters, got at least another 2 dozen people who liked him but weren't sure to vote for him, and passed out slim jims to a ton of others of course. I think I may have even got one of the Huckabee activists who were out 1 of the 8 days I was there.

I spent my New Year's VACATION campaigning for RP - and it really paid off. 20-30 new supporters and new votes. There is a HUGE untapped market walking around on your street right now. Go tell them the good news!

Why does it take Americans living abroad to come back and show you guys how it's done? Get out there ON THE STREET and campaign your assess off!

me3
01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Thank you. You're setting the right example.