PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell is this forum so inactive?

newmedia4ron
01-05-2008, 10:52 PM
So do we want to win this or just win the fake internet election?

mrchubbs
01-05-2008, 10:54 PM
So do we want to win this or just win the fake internet election?

Maybe they are busy getting votes instead of "chit-chat"?

:D

newmedia4ron
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Maybe they are busy getting votes instead of "chit-chat"?

:D

At this time of night?! I doubt it. I guess they are too busy talking about youtube videos on grassroots central *sigh*. Even the Iowa forum was WAY more active before the vote and we only got 10%. NH is supposed to be our time to shine! I'm quitting if Ron Paul doesn't place third or higher. Because that shows we are lazy and stupid thinking diggs and blog comments mean a shit. Voter turnout is everything.

Do we have a handbook like Iowa (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/IowaCaucusHandbook.pdf)?

Do we have buses and carpool all set up?

Are we communicating well with HQ?

baby sitters?

Do we have all have the voter call lists? AND BACKUP COPIES?!

Does everybody know their poling place?

Will HQ send out reminders emails to the mailing list subscribers! (they fail at this usually)

Are the precinct captains ready?

Are the meetup groups ready?

Does everybody know what time to arrive?

Does everybody know what what precinct they're in?

Do they have directions to their voting place?

Does everybody know to Bring several blank voter registration forms? (There may be several people show up at a precinct who are not on the pre-printed list of registered Republicans and will need to register at the door. We want to be sure there are plenty of forms available in case the person running the caucus runs out.)

Does everybody know they need to bring ID?

What about covering ass in case of voter fraud?
(PRINT AFFIDAVIT FORMS AND HAVE PEOPLE PEOPLE SIGN THEM
Here are the Voter Affidavit forms you can print out. PRINT OUT THOUSANDS!!!
For New Hampshire: NH Voter Affidavit Form (http://takebackamerica2008.com/docs/Vote%20Verification%20Affidavit%20NH%20Final.pdf))

Are we allowed to wear political clothing?

ASSUMPTIONS ARE WHAT MAKE US PATHETIC

Shaun
01-05-2008, 11:31 PM
"I'm quitting if Ron Paul doesn't place third or higher"

YOU HAVE ALREADY "QUIT" so making a threat statement like this is not productive. Not in the slightest. Do you think Ron would say this? Are you supporting him and his message or your own expectations and emotional roller coaster?
We are in the middle of a fight. Either lead, follow or get out of the way. Show some leadership and that means follow RP's example and stay calm and steady.

RonPaulWisconsin
01-06-2008, 03:58 AM
He makes some good points, although I agree - QUITTING is not an option. But I too - have felt this same frustration. The truth is, we were spending way too much time on media emails, youtube videos, etc. long ago - we have to get serious. I know plenty of people are very serious and are working tirelessly as we speak in NH, but we need MORE. I shouldn't even be writing this - I should be helping with the campaign!!

Matt Collins
01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Only 30% of voters are proficient on the Internet. That means that 70% of our efforts need to be OFFLINE!

Bossobass
01-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Most of the forum participants are observers. This means that this forum (NH) will be empty until election night, when it will be come flooded with opinions of what the campaign should have done.

Rest assured that there are EXCELLENT grassroots people in NH. They've been in the fight from the beginning. They posted in this forum very early on when the campaign was in its infancy, but have long since moved on to working in NH to get RP elected.

The media will plaster the state with McCain's 'miraculous' last minute surge in popularity, exactly as they did with Huckabee in Iowa, because the vast majority of Americans pay no attention to politics until the last minute. This is borne out by the exit polling of Iowans in the Caucus. 8 out of 10 votes were decided in the 30 days prior to the election. 17% were decided on election day!

It remains to be seen if the Independents in New Hampshire are as gullible and lazy as those in Iowa, and I believe they are. [NOTE: PLEASE, New Hampshirites, I mean that as no slur against the fine people of the Granite state. I am speaking only politically, based on the facts of the matter]

The campaign is doing the best that can be expected, given the months of marginalizing, followed by complete blackout. The RP grassroots people have worked tirelessly for the better part of a year. Ron has been keeping up a pace that would put a normal man half his age in the hospital.

It's the media. They hold the power to make or break anyone by massive inclusion or blatant exclusion. Americans all have cable. Americans all have a TV in every room in their homes. Americans all plunk in front of the tube and go into a trance as it tells them who to vote for and why.

WE are why RP is running with all of his strength. He never has seen as many people understand and embrace true American ideals in his 3/4 of a century on earth. This is not what I think, RP has told me this personally, on more than one occasion.

On election night, as I've said, all of the pseudo pundits will flood this forum and accuse, and second guess, and spin, and it will make me a bit nauseous as it always does, and I'll get up the next day and hit the streets of South Carolina with a huge smile as I continue to tell everyone I meet who the real man in this race really is.

Ancient Italian Proverb: "Man who is standing with hands in pockets should never tell man who is working how it's done." AMEN.

Bosso

newmedia4ron
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Most of the forum participants are observers. This means that this forum (NH) will be empty until election night, when it will be come flooded with opinions of what the campaign should have done.

Rest assured that there are EXCELLENT grassroots people in NH. They've been in the fight from the beginning. They posted in this forum very early on when the campaign was in its infancy, but have long since moved on to working in NH to get RP elected.

The media will plaster the state with McCain's 'miraculous' last minute surge in popularity, exactly as they did with Huckabee in Iowa, because the vast majority of Americans pay no attention to politics until the last minute. This is borne out by the exit polling of Iowans in the Caucus. 8 out of 10 votes were decided in the 30 days prior to the election. 17% were decided on election day!

It remains to be seen if the Independents in New Hampshire are as gullible and lazy as those in Iowa, and I believe they are. [NOTE: PLEASE, New Hampshirites, I mean that as no slur against the fine people of the Granite state. I am speaking only politically, based on the facts of the matter]

The campaign is doing the best that can be expected, given the months of marginalizing, followed by complete blackout. The RP grassroots people have worked tirelessly for the better part of a year. Ron has been keeping up a pace that would put a normal man half his age in the hospital.

It's the media. They hold the power to make or break anyone by massive inclusion or blatant exclusion. Americans all have cable. Americans all have a TV in every room in their homes. Americans all plunk in front of the tube and go into a trance as it tells them who to vote for and why.

WE are why RP is running with all of his strength. He never has seen as many people understand and embrace true American ideals in his 3/4 of a century on earth. This is not what I think, RP has told me this personally, on more than one occasion.

On election night, as I've said, all of the pseudo pundits will flood this forum and accuse, and second guess, and spin, and it will make me a bit nauseous as it always does, and I'll get up the next day and hit the streets of South Carolina with a huge smile as I continue to tell everyone I meet who the real man in this race really is.

Ancient Italian Proverb: "Man who is standing with hands in pockets should never tell man who is working how it's done." AMEN.

Bosso

Not everybody is aware it seems?!
look at this guy he NEEDS help! (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=4018343)

We need to help NH anyway we can. We need to make sure the line of communication stay open!

My fear is that people are assuming "oh I 'm sure someone else has that covered so don't worry about it"