PDA

View Full Version : Good thing Ron is not at Fox's debate tomorrow

kutibah
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
His excellent performance tonight got him many new voters because of the fairness of the debate. If he was at the Fox debate tomorrow, the unfair format of the Fox debates would have him probably look like a kook and probably lose the support. So I'm glad he won't be there tomorrow :) Anyone agree?

Mental Dribble
01-05-2008, 10:41 PM
There may be some truth to this.

I hope his rally is HUGE!

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Too true. The moderators would hold him down and let the others rape him for an hour. It would be brutal.

Big Lou
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
He needs to use that hour-long special tomorrow to explain his economic issues in terms that 5th graders can understand. His oil vs. dollar vs. gold argument was brilliant, but I guarantee that many people didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Think12345
Of course, FOX jackals would do everything to undermine him, but we've got ourselves a tough old man, he stood up to much worse.

ShowMeLiberty
Agree completely. After I calmed down a little from being furious with Faux, I decided I wanted them to stick with their exclusion. It sets Dr. Paul apart from the pack of lying, pandering, flip-flopping, idiots. I'd say that's exactly what we need.

N13
01-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Don't ride on that Fox short bus with that retard Chris Wallace.

No No No

dircha
01-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Congressman Paul, are you suggesting that America should take its marching orders from Al Qaeda?

christagious
01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
He needs to use that hour-long special tomorrow to explain his economic issues in terms that 5th graders can understand. His oil vs. dollar vs. gold argument was brilliant, but I guarantee that many people didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Not even in 5th grader terms, if Jeff Foxworthy is right, most Americans aren't smarter than a 5th grader. So maybe 2nd grader terms?

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Congressman Paul, are you suggesting that America should take its marching orders from Al Qaeda?

RP will make America safer and save a lot of money:

http://www.youtube.com//watch?v=sXkLurrWl_k

You support RP or Rudy?

CountryRoads
01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm sure they will all laugh about Ron Paul not being there. DONT GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION OF WATCHING AND GIVING RATINGS! NONE I mean NONE of those creeps deserves to be watched.

yongrel
01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
eh, that's as good a reason for me to be less upset as any.

rollingpig
01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
i like the way you think

kahless
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM

+1

Also, after seeing tonights debate it is probably a good thing he is not at the Fox forum. He should rather buy up time like this to get his message out.

graystar
01-05-2008, 10:50 PM
hopefully they will tear each other apart with silly attacks and voters realise they are all the same

Molly1
01-05-2008, 10:50 PM
After the democrat debate, NH local tv gave private interviews to Dennis K and Mike Gravel which were both excellent.

Mike Gravel looked right into the camera and said (my paraphrase) You aren't going to get change from those people on the stage, not from any of them. Just more of the same. Then he said something about how this country is in the grip of a military industrial complex that is not going to let go its grip until the people themselves start empowering themselves and running for office themselves.

I had the same impression, all the democrats and all the republicans on the stage (ron paul excepted) are just for more of the same, war, big government, loss of bill of rights (I was surprised to hear Obama voted for the Pat act).

But Mike Gravel was powerful in his statement, like an old insider telling the american people the truth before he retires. Those people are never going to do it. We have to do it ourselves if it's ever going to happen.

Constitution Supporter
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Remember another time when RP was excluded http://www.wrmea.com/archives/Sept_Oct_2007/0709056.html he brought in twice the people to his own rally. And that was in Iowa, so hopefully the NH rally will be even bigger! :)

kutibah
01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know what exactly the 1 hour time slots he bought were?

AdamT
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I think you're right.

~River~
01-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I wish there was a way to nationally expose FOX "fair and balanced" for not including RP in the debates. what is there premise for not including him? did he not raise enough money? did he not get any votes in the Iowa Caucus? what is FOX new's reason for not including him? ( and I mean what are they telling us the reason is, we all know why they don't want him there)

Whether you realize it or not, the RP support base is gaining alot of power to influence change because of our growing numbers and willingness to act. I really think that we need to make an organized effort to put FOX out of business.

I have a few rough ideas but I think you all have alot to add.

FInd a way to pit some of the other news giants against FOX....let them expose FOX and take the credit for being the true "fair and balanced" newscast

Ruthlessly attack the sponsers of FOX. write letters (via usps not email), actualy boycott the sponsers so they feel it on their balance sheets.

Put together a group, take donations and air our own ads on TV as well as printed media to get the message out how FOX is trying to make our desicions for us.

If the rest of the sheeple out there woke up to discover what bastards FOX news are they would become like the "national inquirer" of newscasts thus losing their real power of influence.

Raoul S. Duke
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
+1

Great comments, Molly!

Have you seen the youtube video where Gravel says that he'd love to have a debate with just Ron Paul and himself? That would be great for America to see and hear.

The Paul/Gravel ticket idea has also been tossed around.

rmholla
01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
I think Ron Paul will get more press by not being included at this point. We can (and should) use his exclusion to our advantage.

This is a great topic to bring up in letters to the editors and when calling in to talk radio shows. We also need to hammer McCain on his 100 years in Iraq comment. With all the independent voters in NH we have a huge opportunity to win them over now.

Rhonda
---
http://www.squidoo.com/Veterans-for-Ron-Paul

Nailhead
01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
excelent point!!! with how well he did tonight, the press about him NOT being included, and the inability of FOX to spin him...I think this was for the best. If fox did cave and let him in it would definatley be "everyone TRY to make paul look crazy night"

Constitution Supporter
01-06-2008, 02:14 AM
With RP gone I figure the debate will go something like this (ignore the first 2 squares) http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/ch/1989/ch890517.gif (I love C&H btw)
Hopefully if people realize the candidates other than RP are just moving the puzzle pieces around on the table instead of actually fixing the problem he can get more support. :)

Constitution Supporter
01-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Also, does anybody know what time RP is holding his own rally, and where I can watch it? Thanx

Airborn
01-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Also, does anybody know what time RP is holding his own rally, and where I can watch it? Thanx

cspan or online, its gonna be online at ronpaul2008.com. just click here it says NH town hall speech

Constitution Supporter
01-06-2008, 02:44 AM
cspan or online, its gonna be online at ronpaul2008.com. just click here it says NH town hall speech
Thanks. I suppose hopefully it will be on youtube later too.

BreakYourChains
01-06-2008, 02:49 AM

http://www.mcam.org/index.htm

It will be here tomorrow, I think 5-6pm est. Check on that though...lol

Constitution Supporter
01-06-2008, 03:06 AM
Some one came up with a great $bomb idea during the Fox Forum (that lost its NH GOP endorsement haha) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77963&page=3

Dr.3D
01-06-2008, 03:08 AM

Got this from h ttp://www.ronpaul2008.com/
It says it will be on at 5:00 pm EST.

http://www.ustream.tv/CgRQoxDhW24Q9W2TUlerxg.usc

anaconda
01-06-2008, 03:37 AM
It appears to me that the publicity that RP has received by being excluded from the FOX forum has been priceless. To pass on their biased debate in exchange for massive sympathetic publicity has been the the best possible thing. FOX has come out of this looking really bad!

wildflower
01-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Yep, even on freerepublic (which has been one of the biggest paul-hating neocon sites) some people were saying it's not fair to exclude Paul and Hunter, and they're starting to turn against Fox.

But they're mad mainly because Duncan Hunter is being excluded.

Constitution Supporter
01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I wonder if anyone (like Mccain) will make any more rude remarks about RP not being at he debate. But I won't know as I'm not going to support Fox by watching the debate. Hopefully if they do it will make people like them less.

fourameuphoria
01-06-2008, 05:50 PM
His excellent performance tonight got him many new voters because of the fairness of the debate. If he was at the Fox debate tomorrow, the unfair format of the Fox debates would have him probably look like a kook and probably lose the support. So I'm glad he won't be there tomorrow :) Anyone agree?

Wrong. Ron Paul's fairest debate on the networks was the FOX one on 10/21. Now granted, there were planted boo'ers, and the Frank Luntzification, but Ron still got six questions very substantial questions, and two on healthcare, which is kinda sorta good, since he's actually a doctor.

At MSNBC, he gets asked if he'll support the nominee, while Giuliani gets a healthcare question that's setup for some Hillary care joke.

On CNN, he gets asked if his NAU-supporting campaign will run third party.

At the ABC debate in August, he got asked the war and *nothing* else.

hillertexas
01-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I think it is good that all of the candidates that participate in the FOX forum have to go against the GOP to do it...maybe Ron will use that fact to his advantage.

Todd McGreevy
01-06-2008, 06:28 PM

YES. I agree with you. Well said.
Check out the calendar on the http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ site on the left.
Jan 10 South Carolina FOX / GOP debate, apparently Ron Paul is IN that one.

If what this original post and subsequent posts have stated, then should he simply boycott FOX for all future debates too?

Also, has anyone noticed that ever since Rupert Murdoch took over the Wall Street Journal the editorial page has become a shill for the Federal Reserve, trying to bolster its relevance and making excuses for the Fed?! I say he was able over pay for the last bastion of independent journalism because he got a big fat loan from the central banks that control the Fed.