PDA

View Full Version : Tonight Ron Paul Converted My Democrat Hubby (well almost..)

laurak
01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
My hubby is a registered democrat (I used to be one) and agreed to sit through the republican debate part with me which aired prior to the democratic debate.

Well, halfway through after watching the group attack unleashed on Paul his reaction was 'why are they attacking him like bunch of un-neutered rabid pit bulls while he is making sense?'. He also promised to look him up. Well not a conversion per se, but a positive sign for me considering I have been hammering him with Ron Paul for sometime now!...

Just wanted to share this so some of the folks on this forum tonight who think Ron Paul did not meet their expectation in the debate are just a wee bit cynical and little too presumptuous on thinking that they already know how public would react when they see just one man making sense out of all the bullies on the stage.

Ron Paul gives me hope and courage.. Keep it positive and spread the message of 'real' change!..

We can do it, all we have to do just believe that we can, just as Dr.Paul does with his years of public service!!

Dorfsmith
01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pickfair
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
See, it's working. :D

Mark Rushmore
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
like bunch of un-neutered rabid pit bulls

Have you had better luck with the neutered rabid pit bulls? :p

acroso
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
You think we could get McCain and Giuliani neutered so they aren't so bombastically stupid?

ShowMeLiberty
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for posting that! I just posted elsewhere that I hoped at least some people would have the same reaction as your hubby!

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Awesome :)

He's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya!

Mental Dribble
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
+ 1

Ron Paul Fan
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Great news! My undecided friend in NH was also coverted. We've seen quite a few trolls come on here and say that Ron Paul did terrible or that he bombed. But they don't post about any undecided voters who said those things. Your husband and my friend are living proof that Ron Paul did well and that he is the only Republican candidate that can get Obama voters.

voteronpaul08
01-05-2008, 10:43 PM
That's awesome!

I agree, those who think Ron Paul did bad is a bit out there! Ron did excellent. They know Ron Paul is going to do well in NH, thats why they tried to "attack" him, that only proves that he is a force. When they fight you, they must know something we all know, Ron Paul will poll high in NH!

In response to Ron sitting back and watching them argue back and forth, that was a brilliant move. After they were done, Ron finished off the night with a strong finish and continued to bring up the economy. Why was this such a good thing? Well, I saw on TV that a FaceBook poll had the ECONOMY was the #1 concern for Americans that watched the debate. Who is the ONLY one that talked about how to fix the economy?

Heck even Fred Thompson admitted to Paul that he learned something about how foreign policy affects the economy at home! Ron Paul won, hands down.

Johncjackson
01-05-2008, 10:44 PM
My wife liked a lot of what he said and had similar comments about the attacks. My thought is that any intelligent normal person would feel the same way. Unfortunately that rabid pit bull ting plays to a lot of people.

sunghoko
01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
hopefully many democrats sat through the first part and heard Ron Paul's stance on the war as well as the rest of his message.

szczebrzeszyn
01-05-2008, 10:51 PM
This is the same stuff as with Iowa results. Ron Paul fanatics posted here, that it was a distaster and everything's ruined and 'regular' folks came here and said it was HUGE success and they have been converted etc. etc.

jonahtrainer
01-05-2008, 10:53 PM
You think we could get McCain and Giuliani neutered so they aren't so bombastically stupid?

What difference would it make? :eek:

ronpaulitician
01-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I bet quite a few Democrats watched this debate.

I bet few Republicans will watch the Democratic debate.

Feelgood
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Tell your hubby to get on the forums, and post his questions or concerns. I'm sure if we all tag team him, he will be a Paulite by the end of the week. :) We all have plenty of links to videos and text to show your hubby, in Paul's own words, the answers to any questions or concerns he may have.

The new Ron Paul religion. :)

Nailhead
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM
amazing, amazing

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Tell your hubby to get on the forums, and post his questions or concerns. I'm sure if we all tag team him, he will be a Paulite by the end of the week. :) We all have plenty of links to videos and text to show your hubby, in Paul's own words, the answers to any questions or concerns he may have.

The new Ron Paul religion. :)
Yep, tell him to come and see the "crazy kooks" we are.

MessyTessy
01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I bet quite a few Democrats watched this debate.

I bet few Republicans will watch the Democratic debate.

I was a registered democrat, and probably still am for a few more days, technically. I just sent in my party change in CA....I am only changing registration for Paul, I'm a raging liberal on most issues, most involving freedom and leave me the heck alone with telling other people how to live.

I think RP did a great job tonight. The only time he had trouble was when they started ganging up on him on the foreign policy issue and not letting him speak, like usual. But luckily the debate got back under control and he ended up looking like a gem the rest of the debate....I thought.

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I was a registered democrat, and probably still am for a few more days, technically. I just sent in my party change in CA....I am only changing registration for Paul, I'm a raging liberal on most issues, most involving freedom and leave me the heck alone with telling other people how to live.

I think RP did a great job tonight. The only time he had trouble was when they started ganging up on him on the foreign policy issue and not letting him speak, like usual. But luckily the debate got back under control and he ended up looking like a gem the rest of the debate....I thought.
Yep, I am a Floridian and I was a DEM also.