PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Ron more personally communicative to us?

Perpetual
01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
It seems like I only ever see him in debates and interviews that are addressed to everyone. He never seems to personally address us, his supporters. I'm sure he's surrounded by people with laptops, maybe we could convince one of them to whip out a webcam and get him to give a daily update to us. Nothing big, nothing rehearsed, just a quick hello to remind us that we're part of the most organic, vitalic, net-savvy campaign out there.

Crickett
01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
That would be nice...

VoteForRonPaul
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Great idea, and that is the responsibility of the official campaign to deliver this request for him, and I do not think he would mind, but if he would not then these people need to be changed because they do not deliver our voice

Cali4RonPaul
01-05-2008, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgiHCvu0h4k

A message to you from Ron Paul.

HOLLYWOOD
01-05-2008, 10:59 PM
How about just some competent Campaign Staff...

Perpetual
01-05-2008, 11:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgiHCvu0h4k

A message to you from Ron Paul.

Exactly! Something candid and intimate, but I'd like it to be a function of the campaign. Great link, thanks!

dvictr
01-05-2008, 11:16 PM
NO...

that gives the idea that the campaign is controlled top-down... the supporters are attracted to the message... and we have donated to the message. Ron Paul makes apperances everyday to supporters at live events... the online community is grassroots and his campaign is to get us to grow. we choose to donate

jimbabb
01-06-2008, 12:05 AM
The doctor's audio podcast was once the most popular in it's category on iTunes.

Why is this massive free information channel not being used by the campaign?

Perhaps it wasn't in the Presidential Campaigns for Dummies book.

Perpetual
01-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Ron Paul has a podcast?!? This is exactly the sort of thing I want to get into . . something that is more frequent so everything feels more dynamic and responsive. How do I add it? I have iTunes

Leroy_Jenkems
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
NO...

that gives the idea that the campaign is controlled top-down... the supporters are attracted to the message... and we have donated to the message. Ron Paul makes apperances everyday to supporters at live events... the online community is grassroots and his campaign is to get us to grow. we choose to donate

As Ron has told us, and I'm paraphrasing, "Thank you for letting ME join YOU in this Revolution!"

coboman
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
QFT.

A periodic update of how things are going would be nice, but I would LOVE for him to drop by in the forums.

I am a fan of cinematography, and there is a new camera called RED. In the official forum, the director of the company (founder and owner of Oakley) would post something once in a while.

The crowd went wild!

Just having him post in this forum, what they send in the emails would be a huge morale booster.

malkusm
01-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Hold on, hold on.

Drop by in the forums, post YouTube videos online to us, etc? We don't win by taking our relatively small base and being satisfied. Ron knows that he has to get as many people as he can, he's trying to get new followers and trying to talk to people who DON'T understand his message. Let him focus on that, THAT'S how we win the election. The time to address your supporters is in a victory/acceptance speech.

josh24601
01-06-2008, 01:36 AM
NO...

WE NEED A FIGUREHEAD TO WORSHIP AS A GOD AND TELL US WHAT TO DO GIVE US ONE IM AFRAID WITHOUT A LEADER

Dave Pedersen
01-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Because this our our country not his.

Perpetual
01-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Just having him post in this forum, what they send in the emails would be a huge morale booster.

Thats what its all about. I know we're probably the most independant supporters of any candidate, and as much as we rally around the ideas of freedom, we need Ron Paul, the man, as our conduit to change. I think five minues less spent campaigning wouldn't kill his schedule, and just think of what we could accomplish if we were invigorated by such close contact to the man we are all putting so much hope in?

As for the idea of top down vs bottom up. . . I totally acknowledge that we, the grassroots, are what drives the campaign, but I'd really like a central source because it's easy, and it provides continuity. If its just RP doing a favor to a fan in a crowd, the quality will vary, the lengths will vary, and there'll be no timeline for Ron to say anything like "last time, I mentioned. . ." or anything that might make us feel MORE a part of his campaign.

DrCap
01-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Let the campaign staff run the campaign, this is grassroots. We are 'the invisible hand' of the campaign in action. There are a lot of excellent points on this forum, take them and spread the word. The criticism gets boring, and we don't know what the campaign staff know.Part of the whole point is that this IS NOT a military action with direct orders coming from the top. Also I think RP needs to probably rest more than he should spend time talking to us.

Soccrmastr
01-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Have you been to a rally? He's talking direct to us, his supporters.

coboman
01-06-2008, 02:11 AM
The criticism gets boring, and we don't know what the campaign staff know.Part of the whole point is that this IS NOT a military action with direct orders coming from the top. Also I think RP needs to probably rest more than he should spend time talking to us.
I disagree. I think that the most important task of any public servant is to listen to his people. THAT IS THE REASON THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS.

Doesn't Ron Paul say that the government must be transparent?
We should be able to know exactly what they are doing. They should publish how much money they have, where is it being spent, their every move.

Because that is what I expect from him when he is president. No secrecy of the government, and close relation with the complains and needs of his people.

We cannot start getting complacent with OUR SERVANTS. They work for us, we pay their salaries. They must listen and communicate with us. And learn our needs and work to fulfill them.

This is what we ask from the government. This is what I ask from the Campaign.

all J's in IL for RP
01-06-2008, 02:41 AM
We should be able to know exactly what they are doing. They should publish how much money they have, where is it being spent, their every move.

Paul doesn't need to tell us and every other campaign that has observers here where he plans to spend his money or what his itinerary is. Geez! You habitual campaign bashers really need to think things through sometimes.

raiha
01-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Stop being so needy! Ron Paul is 72 years old and busting his gut to save the country... for you.
And the world... for all of us.

Does he have to yell to be heard?

He stands on a hostile platform with sniggering megalomaniacs... for you.

He travels day and night and keeps irregular hours and sleeps in different beds with different pillows... for you.

He sacrifices family life and a quiet life in the twilight of his years...for you.

He puts up with smears, vicious personal attacks and ostracization...for you.

His generosity knows no bounds.

And still you want more????

snaFU
01-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Stop being so needy! Ron Paul is 72 years old and busting his gut to save the country... for you.
And the world... for all of us.

Does he have to yell to be heard?

He stands on a hostile platform with sniggering megalomaniacs... for you.

He travels day and night and keeps irregular hours and sleeps in different beds with different pillows... for you.

He sacrifices family life and a quiet life in the twilight of his years...for you.

He puts up with smears, vicious personal attacks and ostracization...for you.

His generosity knows no bounds.

And still you want more????

Amen

walt
01-06-2008, 08:46 AM

+1