PDA

View Full Version : Someone verify this please

AZ Libertarian
07-18-2007, 12:41 PM
In visiting the Libertarian Party website of Louisiana found HERE: http://louisianalibertarianparty.org/cms/
I see a poll on the right.

What is your stance on Ron Paul?
We have our own candidates and should concentrate on them
I would support Ron Paul if he sought the Libertarian nomination
I'm supporting Ron Paul no matter what
I do not support Ron Paul under any circumstances.

I try to select option number 3 and - NO GO!?!
It seems that option number 1 is THE ONLY ONE I CAN SELECT.

Is this the same for you? Or is it just my computer. Or will it make a difference if I register at their site?

OK - this mystery has been solved - it's a glitch in the programming - you can vote in this - the button is in the text is all. Thanks for the assistance fine people.

Curious..... :confused:

Bergie Bergeron
07-18-2007, 12:42 PM
You're right...

Lady Liberty
07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
That's the case for me as well. I can only select the top option...interesting.

mdh
07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
LOL! You're right. I notice that this is the LPNC "state party template". Interesting stuff.
Torchbearer here is involved in the Louisiana LP (their official site is la.lp.org, I thought?) so hopefully he will see this and comment on it.

Looks like it was just a matter of the liberty image covering the radio buttons, woops! :)

freelance
07-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Click results. I suppose the results were not acceptable, so a little reprogramming was in order. LOL!

cujothekitten
07-18-2007, 12:45 PM
If you look at the results you can see that the "I support him no matter what" is winning. Maybe the code is a little screwed up or something.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM
WHOA! good call. let me contact our webmaster real quick and see if he can fix that info. oh- and you can find me in the contacts section ;)

dmitchell
07-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Click the text; the Statue of Liberty image is blocking the radio buttons. (MSIE7)

AZ Libertarian
07-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Click results. I suppose the results were not acceptable, so a little reprogramming was in order. LOL!

I get it now - when it hit 5 to 1 they shut it off :p

Thanks for the feedback - you guys (and gals) ROCK!

brumans
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
it works in internet explorer but not firefox (i just voted)

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Webmaster isn't home right now, i will contact him later tonight. They just changed the website layout after our last state convention a couple weeks ago, I guess by the looks of it they are having some growing pains.
I don't frequent the board on our website because i'm always here! Also, our state chair is a big ron paul supporter too! We head up most of the meet-ups in our state for Ron, also, through our activism have launched the libertarian party of louisiana into major party status in the state.

AZ Libertarian
07-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Click the text; the Statue of Liberty image is blocking the radio buttons. (MSIE7)

ok - that worked (Genius!) I clicked on ron's name and it accepted a vote.

Go Mitch!

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Also- check out how long the state platform is... the platform committee has been working on it for 20 years. talk about OCD.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 12:54 PM
oh - and you must check this video slide show - the music is done by a local rap artist.... it will get stuck in your head. it was also featured on wonkette a few months ago. its for a gubernaturial candidate, T. Lee Horne, III
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxpZdriC950

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 12:56 PM
our address is www.la.lp.org . our last webmaster screwed up a few things... if you do a google search for it, you will get the address from the first post. also, the offical party title is not louisiana libertarian party. it is libertarian party of louisiana. so, the banner is incorrect also.

Kuldebar
07-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Same for me...Fire Fox user btw...

But, looks like you may need to be logged in to their page to vote.

freelance
07-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I was in Firefox. I should know better. Something like that has to be tested in at least IE, Firefox and Netscape, if that horror still exists.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
don't have to be logged in to vote. just to post in certain parts of the forum.

CAKochenash
07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
if you want to use it in firefox click the first option then scroll down with the arrows to the option. hope that helps.

Worked for me.

maggiebott
07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul ahead by 84% !!! No need to log on but part of each question is completely cut off so you have to be careful when voting.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Ron Paul ahead by 84% !!! No need to log on but part of each question is completely cut off so you have to be careful when voting.

Just a side note, 75% of the libertarians in louisiana supprot ron paul no matter what.