PDA

View Full Version : Naysayers! I hate them!

figueir2
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I try to convert people and all I get is ...
"He's not going to win. I'm not going to bother."

Anyone else come across this negativity :(

crink
01-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I have never actually met another Paul supporter and people make fun of me for it all the time (mostly my parents) keep fighting they'll see the light.

tpreitzel

Yeah, see my post about this problem within the GOP and elsewhere in the Wyoming Caucus sub-forum. Just channel the negativity into working so hard for Ron Paul that the naysayers are forced to eat their own words. ;)

noztnac
I'm in South Korea. Here "nay" means yes. Strange.

Xonox
It's like saying
"America's economy is going to collapse, so we should use up all the money while we still have it."

dude58677
01-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Tell them about Ron Paul's magical 1996 campaign in how he beat long odds against Greg Laghlin who was an incumbent in Ron Paul's own party.

constitutional
01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
I have never actually met another Paul supporter and people make fun of me for it all the time (mostly my parents) keep fighting they'll see the light.

I have met few RP supporters, mostly young.

Same here though, all my families and friends have heard of Ron Paul. They all think I'm a lunatic now for being a BIG FAN of RP. If I had not mentioned RP to them, they'd probably never would have heard of him. When discussing economy, political, social, religion issue...with ANYONE... I usually end up saying "And the only solution to that is Ron Paul and the constitution."

joelmatton
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
The logic of people who say that they like a small candidate but don't want to "waste their vote" baffles me, and I encountered it all the time before Ron Paul's campaign when I would occasionally follow the campaigns Libertarian Party people running for local office etc. If all the people who like Ron Paul but don't want to "waste their vote" would just vote for him, he'd stop become as popular as they want him to be!

I remember seeing polls showing that like 10-15% of the population liked the Libertarian Party more than the republicans or the democrats, but they voted for R's or D's anyway because they didn't want to "waste their vote". But if all those people actually did vote for LP then the party would become popular enough for it not to be a wasted vote anymore and ARGH.

These people are MAKING less-popular candidates stay less-popular by their fear of wasting their vote. Bah.