PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to stand up...

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-05-2008, 09:54 PM
This is my honest opinion and I know I'm going to take a lot of flame for this but at this point in the game... I don't care.

If Ron is going to become president of this country, he needs to become the energy that is his supporters. He needs to rise. He can't allow these people to talk and walk all over him. He needs to become aggressive and step out of this passive role.

I don't want to hear this excuse that "Oh, he was being ganged up on."

The man is funded out the wazoo, has more REAL support than anybody else and represents THE message... the truth.

He needs to put these clowns in their place.

He needs to bring BRING IT.

He needs to be THE ONE.

traitorist
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
absolutely!

0zzy
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
So, talk over 5 people = presidential? Yelling match is always fun.

Blowback
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought he did bring it. What do you want him to do? Through his chair at someone?

risiusj
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Agreed. I was saying to my family that this debate was ridiculous because Ron Paul gets a sentence and a half to explain before he has the other five interrupt him. My younger sister said, "If he doesn't speak up he doesn't deserve to be president."

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I thought he did bring it. What do you want him to do? Through his chair at someone?

Act like a president... Stand up maybe?

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
So, talk over 5 people = presidential? Yelling match is always fun.

no, step up and engage in political discussion and conversation and seize the opportunity afforded you. you can do this without mud-slinging and throwing chairs, you know.

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
My younger sister said, "If he doesn't speak up he doesn't deserve to be president."
yes, agreed

0zzy
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
no, step up and engage in political discussion and conversation and seize the opportunity afforded you. you can do this without mud-slinging and throwing chairs, you know.

How would you allow this to happen? Literally standing up, perhaps? Nah, wouldn't work. Or maybe trying to talk over them getting his message across? Make him angry? Or authortarian? There were literally 5 people on top of him, I want you to tell me exactly how he was supposed to do it.

amistybleu
01-05-2008, 10:03 PM
He acted like a true statesmen, I don't want an idiot for a President and that is how the rest of them came off with all thier bickering and mudslinging. RP is the only one who has not comprimised his integrity and if America is not ready for an honest man with integrity and restraint in the white house then that will be a sad obituary for our nation.

Laja
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM

ROFL!!!

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
How would you allow this to happen? Literally standing up, perhaps? Nah, wouldn't work. Or maybe trying to talk over them getting his message across? Make him angry? Or authortarian? There were literally 5 people on top of him, I want you to tell me exactly how he was supposed to do it.

speak up and talk like the others do. simple.

isufferfromronpaulfever

I'm not sure how he would do it but that is what would give him the quality of being a leader. It's just something you have. He didn't show much power in those moments.

0zzy
speak up and talk like the others do. simple.

wow. that's a genius plan. he was doing that, ya know. you sorta heard 5 people over him though. they raised their volume, so he should raise his? And we should see which one could yell the most!

0zzy
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure how he would do it but that is what would give him the quality of being a leader. It's just something you have. He didn't show much power in those moments.

Leaders don't go into a yelling match on national television.

christagious
I agree that he could have been a little ballsier during the gangup.

BUT

remember how the YEARGHH incident destroyed Howard Dean?

Let's avoid that at all costs

risiusj
The reason he doesn't speak up in this kind of format is because he has been in so many actual structured debates and realizes that you must respect and allow time for your opponents.
While Dr. Paul sat by (and Huckabee did too) we had four other guys talking out their rear-ends.

Laja
I saw a very feisty Ron Paul on that Morton Downey clip and he looked pretty crazy yelling and screaming over all the commotion. He's a true statesman and you can't make him into what he isn't.

We love the guy because he's real. What do you want, an effin' actor? That's not Ron Paul.

RSLudlum
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM

LMAO!!!!

Now that would scare the shit out of those NeoClowns!!! :p

christagious
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Actually, that's probably what they're trying to do. Try to make him out to be an "angry person" or something

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:08 PM
wow. that's a genius plan. he was doing that, ya know. you sorta heard 5 people over him though. they raised their volume, so he should raise his? And we should see which one could yell the most!

genius and simple, yes. speak with authority like a president should. command the attention of the candidates and the crowds. this is what a leader does. he does not submit to the mob rules.

Question_Authority
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
He doesn't need to scream or be un-statesmanlike to be assertive. The other candidates often tell the moderator or other debaters to "let me finish". RP never really does that. He lets himself be drowned out.

Joseph Story
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Ron knows how to be angry....he did it on the Mort Downey show if you remember...that's the last thing we want him to do. He's quite aloof and you can't change the man from what he is. That's his weakness but it is what it is.

Danny Molina
01-05-2008, 10:10 PM
He should have took off his shoe and started slamming it on the desk.

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
He doesn't need to scream or be un-statesmanlike to be assertive. The other candidates often tell the moderator or other debaters to "let me finish". RP never really does that. He lets himself be drowned out.

exactly. either RP is waiting in the weeds, or he just does not have the ability to rise above the nonsense and go on the offensive, and interrupt and interject in the spirit of a good debate. when RP talked tonight, the other scoundrels were sometimes quiet and even looked stunned by his words. RP needs to capitalize on this, not submit.

Eponym_mi
If RP had literally stood up each time he was interupted and just continued with what he was saying, the others probably would have shut up. It would have put him in a more dominant position over them pyschologically. He could have used this technique in the beginning of the debate especially.

isufferfromronpaulfever
genius and simple, yes. speak with authority like a president should. command the attention of the candidates and the crowds. this is what a leader does. he does not submit to the mob rules.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

How will he act when he is faced with adversity from another nation?

Remember, nice guys finish last.

RPDelegate
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I believe in everything RP stands for. But, I have to agree that I think his overall personality is too passive. Most of the other Republicans have a stronger personality that gives the voters confidence in their abilities. Now of course most of us see right through that. But unfortunately the average american thinks these guys are as real as reality television.

RP needs to be more aggressive in the debates. He also looked very tired tonight on stage. He's probably not gotten much sleep.

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Ron knows how to be angry....he did it on the Mort Downey show if you remember...that's the last thing we want him to do. He's quite aloof and you can't change the man from what he is. That's his weakness but it is what it is.

im not saying RP has to be angry though, he needs to know how to engage his enemies in the heat of debate. not just submit to the gangsters. there is a time to be a gentleman, and there is a time to show them you have the tacks to engage them and come out on top. you either have it or you don't.

VishIX
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
All he had to do was ask the moderator to allow him to answer without being interrupted. The other candidates saw weakness and walked all over him. He has to give the aura that the others should not interrupt him and the only way he can do that is by hitting them with zingers or wit. I hate to say this, but it made him look weak and unpresidential when he wouldn't stand up for his views.

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I believe in everything RP stands for. But, I have to agree that I think his overall personality is too passive. Most of the other Republicans have a stronger personality that gives the voters confidence in their abilities.

RP needs to be more aggressive in the debates.

agreed. America needs to see Ron Paul as a confident leader, one that will instill confidence back to the people and the nation, and confidence towards America in nations abroad.

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:24 PM
All he had to do was ask the moderator to allow him to answer without being interrupted. The other candidates saw weakness and walked all over him. He has to give the aura that the others should not interrupt him and the only way he can do that is by hitting them with zingers or wit. I hate to say this, but it made him look weak and unpresidential when he wouldn't stand up for his views.

i agree too. shit or get off the pot.

RP has to command respect, and he doesn't need to stand up and throw a tantrum to do it. ask the moderator for time to answer, interject an opposing viewpoint in the heat of the debate and don't allow the others to diminish you and make you look weak. rise up and lead the damn debate and don't let the scumbags lead it.

christagious
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I take back "he needs to be ballsier" statement, because they're just waiting for that Howard Dean moment, the media will shred him to pieces if they get that.

christagious
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I was getting pissed at mr. charlie boy for letting that ridiculousness happen.

Pete
01-05-2008, 11:22 PM

Raising his hand for silence would have been good.