PDA

View Full Version : RP Will Get Boost After This Debate

santopia
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
When it's all said and done, Ron Paul's answers came off as intelligent and coherent contrasted against the straight neo-con line from the other 5.

The other 5 came off as a bunch of high school jocks teasing the smart kid with all the right answers.

I already saw one blog post:

Plenty of Ron Paul critics note that his substantive views are pretty crazy, and I think that's just about right. But his views, as announced at this debate, are far, far more coherent than his competitors' views. And yet his competitors hear what he says and just mock him.

Also, Ron Paul was smart to quit when he knew he was ahead. Then the other 5 took to attacking each other. Their attacks on each other were far more successful than their attempts on Ron Paul.

Look for a bump in the polls tomorrow.

hueylong
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
The hour long tv program tomorrow night will be good.

Dorfsmith
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
When it's all said and done, Ron Paul's answers came off as intelligent and coherent contrasted against the straight neo-con line from the other 5.

The other 5 came off as a bunch of high school jocks teasing the smart kid with all the right answers.

Also, Ron Paul was smart to quit when he knew he was ahead. Then the other 5 took to attacking each other. Their attacks on each other were far more successful than their attempts on Ron Paul.

I think you're right :cool:

knappz
01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Ron Paul was smart to quit when he knew he was ahead

This is exactly right on, this is THE hardest thing to do most times...especially for politicians

NerveShocker
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
He did great.. silenced even the republicans like Guiliani and Mitt who you can never shut up... lol

Created4
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM

I think he did well enough tonight to motivate people to set up their DVRs to record Paul's show even if they watch the other debate on Fox. But we should be calling for an all out boycott of Fox tomorrow.

llepard
01-05-2008, 10:02 PM

Well said. Welcome to the forum. Ron Paul will win the presidency.

yongrel
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
We're gonna see a bump.

Ron Paul Fan
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I agree. He gained a lot of support tonight.

driller80545
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I think that people are beginning to get tired of hearing about the evil hoards that wish to attack us in the night. I think that "hes catchin on"

graystar
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I watched his responses again and he did well. It takes balls to be the odd man out on the stage fighting for principles.

The rest of them remind me of Biff from back to the future.

llepard
01-05-2008, 10:10 PM
The rest of them remind me of Biff from back to the future.

LMAO.

Or Neidermeyer, Greg and the others from Animal House.

blakjak
01-05-2008, 10:10 PM
From the ABC News blog...

7:50 pm: So far, Ron Paul is having a very good night. He's center-stage, and centered around the action. (And ponder this: He could beat Fred Thompson and maybe even Rudy Giulianin in New Hampshire.) Thompson, though, is good when he breaks out the sarcasm.

8:55 pm: Some final thoughts: Perhaps its indicative of this scattered, chaotic Republican field that it's extremely difficult to pick a winner. Maybe Rudy had the strongest night, maybe Ron Paul for what it's worth, and McCain certainly got off the most zingers.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/live-blogging-f.html

paulaholic
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I think he did well enough tonight to motivate people to set up their DVRs to record Paul's show even if they watch the other debate on Fox. But we should be calling for an all out boycott of Fox tomorrow.

Paul's show? What is this, exactly, and will it air nationwide or just NH?

Richandler
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I keep seeing this hour long thing of Paul but you people are horrible at hustling other people into watching it by failing to mention what you are even talking about.

Time for Change
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
A lot or arrogant screwballs sitting next to Dr Paul.
They flat out refuse to listen to anyone that does not want to spend us into the dirt...amazing!

Romney, what an ass...who is he representing?
Julie Annie, proved his title as the leader of the schmucks

Are these warmongers incapable of seeing the entire picture?
I am not the smartest person on the planet, and it is obvious to me.

Thanks for posing this!
I cant wait to see the entire youtube.

BreakYourChains
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
http://www.mcam.org/

I think this is the show they are speaking about perhaps. It is set to air tomorrow between 5 and 6pm. Hope this helps. This was apparently setup by the Ron Paul campaign so that he could hold a town forum event since Fox News excluded him from their forum tomorrow evening.

Texan4RP
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Fox who?

dawnbt
01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
From the ABC News blog...

7:50 pm: So far, Ron Paul is having a very good night. He's center-stage, and centered around the action. (And ponder this: He could beat Fred Thompson and maybe even Rudy Giulianin in New Hampshire.) Thompson, though, is good when he breaks out the sarcasm.

8:55 pm: Some final thoughts: Perhaps its indicative of this scattered, chaotic Republican field that it's extremely difficult to pick a winner. Maybe Rudy had the strongest night, maybe Ron Paul for what it's worth, and McCain certainly got off the most zingers.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/live-blogging-f.html

Wow, they guy from ABC writing this blog is in love with McCain! Nice non-biased reporting! Looks like McCain is the MSM's new love child!

nosebruise
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM

well...

i mean with any luck people will want to tune in so they can see "why exactly they wanted him out" instead of watching another debate with people they already see all over the news all the time anyway.

just a thought.

beachmaster
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I watched his responses again and he did well. It takes balls to be the odd man out on the stage fighting for principles.

I only wished he would capitalize more on the "odd man out" aspect. He should always make a point in every debate that HE is the true conservative (paleo conservative some may say), and THEY are the people who hijacked the Republican Party, the Neo-Cons. He speaks this message at his rallies... he should project it nationally on these debates... I'M NOT A GEORGE BUSH REPUBLICAN.

It would get him the vote from the disenfranchised Republicans, and also boost him in the minds of Democrats and Independents.

Being "odd man out" is a STRENGTH, not a weakness... Exploit that!

icon124
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM

wait what? What program?

Ron Paul Fan
01-05-2008, 10:32 PM
wait what? What program?

The townhall meeting. Ron Paul purchased an hour on tv in NH because he can afford it.