PDA

View Full Version : Reponse to a liberals attack on "Conservative Christians"

Ron Galt
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
For what it's worth, this was my response to a liberal who jacked my Ron Paul thread on another forum and started going off that everything wrong with the country was because we have been living under "Conservative Christian" leadership the last eight years. My response:

"Do you really think Bush and Cheney are 'Christians'? Do you really think the problems we have in this country are because too many people are obeying the 10 commandments?

No, you have not been living under a 'conservative christian' leadership the last eight years, far from it. 'Conservatives' don't run up trillion dollar debts and 'Christians' don't torture people in secret CIA prisons.

Keep in mind, just because the republicans claim to be 'conservative christians', 'compassionate conservatives', etc does not make it true.
The Nazi's claimed they were Christians too. Even Hillary is getting in on the act these days, claiming to be a born again Christian <insert puke here>.

Do you really think you can fix this countries problems by electing Hillary instead of Huckabee? Do you?"

Ron Paul 2008

Fox McCloud
01-05-2008, 10:09 PM
For what it's worth, this was my response to a liberal who jacked my Ron Paul thread on another forum and started going off that everything wrong with the country was because we have been living under "Conservative Christian" leadership the last eight years. My response:

"Do you really think Bush and Cheney are 'Christians'? Do you really think the problems we have in this country are because too many people are obeying the 10 commandments?

No, you have not been living under a 'conservative christian' leadership the last eight years, far from it. 'Conservatives' don't run up trillion dollar debts and 'Christians' don't torture people in secret CIA prisons.

Keep in mind, just because the republicans claim to be 'conservative christians', 'compassionate conservatives', etc does not make it true.
The Nazi's claimed they were Christians too. Even Hillary is getting in on the act these days, claiming to be a born again Christian <insert puke here>.

Do you really think you can fix this countries problems by electing Hillary instead of Huckabee? Do you?"

Ron Paul 2008

Well stated; there's a few very well researched far-left people out there who detest Ron Paul because he's a Christian; this comes of no surprise, in part because Christians are just plain hated, and also, in part to the way some "Christians" act. Unfortunately it's a false argument to assume that just because someone is a Christian, they're going to rule like George Bush.

Ron doesn't act in a single way Bush does--Ron's belief in Christ, his belief in the Bible, his principles, and his beliefs have molded and guided him in his decisions towards Libertarianism and ultra-conservatism. George Bush doesn't do any of this; he uses the Bible as a crutch, when, on the contrary he has absolutely no belief in it.

Huckabee would be an absolute disaster for this country (he won't get elected...but let's assume he is); he'd crash the economy, leave our borders open, let a de facto NAU happen (and I thought Christians were against one world government), amongst other atrocities...heck, with some of the things Huckabee says and does, at times I really question if he's a believer in Christ or not.

It's rather interesting how many contrasts we have in this race......we have the old right (Ron Paul) vs the new right (everyone else), the Libertarians vs the totalitarians (a number of others), the self-governance (Ron Paul) vs global governance (most others), and we have a true Christian (Ron Paul) vs a wish-washy/fake Christian (Huckabee).

I would have never imagined a political battle like this emerging in 1000 years....when I first heard Ron speak, I thought he was a really awesome guy...then the more and more I found out, I thought "this isn't just the best candidate of our time; this is the perfect candidate of our time".

Let's hope the people wipe out "the others" and instead give their support to our man, Dr. Ron Paul.