PDA

View Full Version : Did Mccain really say "We'll miss you tommorrow night Ron?" early in the debate???

walt
01-05-2008, 09:17 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

constitutional
01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I must have missed it.

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
McCain will start chewing the carpet soon.

driller80545
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I never heard that said

nosebruise
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
when did he say that? i must have missed that too.

walt
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I must have missed it.

If I heard it correctly it was at the end of one of Ron's early answers. If I heard what I thought I heard we must shine a bright light on it. Analyze the audio closely for this.

wowabunga
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Not sure about what he said.... but MCCains shit eating grin/smirk shown while Ron was discussing a point sure did make MCCain look like a real childish twit.

Peace and Joy
Ramblin Randy

homah
01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I didn't hear it, but wouldn't be surprised if it was true. McCain went only for zingers tonight and didn't care to discuss anything of substance. If he wins in an "independent" dominated place like NH my faith in humanity will officially end.

Shink
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I think it was Ron to Giuliani, but I'm not sure. At least 3 contending voices at the same time.

cien750hp
i heard it. it was right after they stopped debating on foreign policy i believe.
i wasn't sure if it was mccain or romney though

Rangeley
I thought I heard that too, but it was during a time several were talking so I wasnt sure.

itshappening
01-05-2008, 09:24 PM
they kept calling him Ron, he should have said "that's Dr. Paul to you" :p

evadmurd
01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
All condescending assholes. I hope the NH voters present picked up on it.

ronpaulfan
01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I didn't hear it, but wouldn't be surprised if it was true. McCain went only for zingers tonight and didn't care to discuss anything of substance. If he wins in an "independent" dominated place like NH my faith in humanity will officially end.

+1

walt
01-05-2008, 09:28 PM
i heard it. it was right after they stopped debating on foreign policy i believe.
i wasn't sure if it was mccain or romney though

it wasn't romney - it could have been rudy - I think it was mccain - we need to shine a bright light and make that rudeness viral and known to all that didn't notice it.

Created4
01-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Did Mccain really say "We'll miss you tommorrow night Ron?" early in the debate???

No, it was Romney. I heard it clearly....

walt
01-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm sure it wasn't huck or thompson. :)

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 09:31 PM
HOLY HELL! I recorded it and YES - it WAS SAID. McCain said it. He's such a fucking dickhead!!!

JeffersonThomas
01-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't think I heard it, but that sounds like something a spoiled rich kid Romney would say. If he did though you'll probably hear the stupid fake laugh he does after every one of his "zingers"...anybody got the youtube?

Chester Copperpot
I missed the debate tonight.. is there anywhere where I can see the ENTIRE debate and not just the RP stuff?

pacelli
Ah, mccain did? That's dirty politics, so insulting. I would want that nutjob running my country. You want to talk about revolution, there will be a revolution in the true sense of the term if mccain becomes president. 100 years in iraq? draft? no way!

walt
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
HOLY HELL! I recorded it and YES - it WAS SAID. McCain said it. He's such a fucking dickhead!!!

We need a million views of that 10 seconds in hi res audio - STAT

nosebruise

youtube plz.

CountryboyRonPaul
Yeah I don't see Romney Doing it.

Dr. Paul was the only one that stuck up for Romney being treated fairly as a Mormon.

Romney snickers at Paul on occasion but he hasn't been disrespectful otherwise that I have seen.

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 09:35 PM
My wife and I just rewound and listed to it about 10 times. It was ABSOLUTELY McCain. He was a TOTAL asshole tonight (to Mitt and Paul). I wish there was a way that I could let the people of NH hear that clip several times!!!!

spiteface
01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
McCain sure was frisky tonight. He really is a strange guy.

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
youtube plz.

I'll try - I've never posted on YouTube before. I have to first try to figure out how to get that segment broken into a smaller file. Can anyone tell me how to go about it? I recorded it using the Media Center (in Vista).

constitutional
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Can't be. Romney made extra effort to say McCain that it's rude of him to call him out with one-liners.

I especially loved these moments:

Romney: "I have held a position of.."
Huckabee: "Which one...?"

damn, I don't remember the other one. McCain had called out Romney just like Huckabee did..

walt
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM
My wife and I just rewound and listed to it about 10 times. It was ABSOLUTELY McCain. He was a TOTAL asshole tonight (to Mitt and Paul). I wish there was a way that I could let the people of NH hear that clip several times!!!!

that's for confirming I'm not crazy - when I first heard it, I thought about getting up and making a post but then thought "there will be a 1,000 post thread when I get back here why bother" - I kept looking and looking and I thought I was maybe hearing things - I'm glad you found it :D

homah
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Can't be. Romney made extra effort to say McCain that it's rude of him to call him out with one-liners.

I especially loved these moments:

Romney: "I have held a position of.."
Huckabee: "Which one...?"

damn, I don't remember the other one. McCain had called out Romney just like Huckabee did..

What really annoys me is that in the "post-game analysis" Snuffleupagus said it was a clean jab by Huckabee, as if that's a good thing. I hate politics.

PC_for_Paul
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Somebody put the 100 year war bit with the "We'll miss you comment" and youtube that puppy.

Created4
01-05-2008, 09:42 PM

Ok. I have it recorded also, but haven't gone back to listen to it.

McCain was out of character tonight, I think. The way he continually attacked Romney personally and even chuckled about it, makes me think he had a few too many drinks or something before coming on stage....

Pete
01-05-2008, 09:42 PM
McCain acted like a childish moron tonight, and probably turned a lot of people off. He must have hit Mitt with the flip-flop thing about four times. We get it, John!

Romney actually did a nice thing tonight by stating that all of them were for legal immigration. This was clearly for the benefit of RP. Mitt owed him one after cutting him off earlier, and for RP's very magnanimous comments in the past re: Mitt's religion.

Heather in WI
01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow. I didn't hear that at all.

smhbbag
01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
For those who say they saw it - WHEN in the debate was it? WMUR-9 has a lot of video up so we can look for it.

walt
01-05-2008, 09:52 PM
somehow this youtube was deleted - - sorry - - it's at the end of the exchange with Rudy and Ron

Laja
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't know why, but for some reason, I was thinking that they're friends.

smhbbag
re-try your link, it's not workin for me.

deedles
I heard it. Let me think about when it was... earlier on. I thought how shitty that was to say to him.

deedles
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I think it was when they were all jumping over him about the foreign policy issue...

homah
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5vpYOpVEg 6:55-7:00 of this - can we get a high quailty rip of the few seconds before and that clip? rudy then laughs at mccain's comment...

link not working for me

random
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
link not working for me
Works now

walt
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
link not working for me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5vpYOpVEg 6:55-7:00 of this - can we get a high quailty rip of the few seconds before and that clip? rudy then laughs at mccain's comment... one more time....

Delaware
01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
This puppy needs to be digged everywhere. We need to take McCain out of NH. That sob....

Trance Dance Master
01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
What gave you faith in humanity in the first place?

Cowlesy
01-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Holy shit...that little f'r McCain...

deedles
What gave you faith in humanity in the first place?

How about all of us that support DRP?

walt
Correction: "We're gonna miss you tommorrow night Ron"

shrapnel88
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
mccain has been butthurt ever since ron paul smacked him around in the youtube debate.

Ron LOL
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Somebody put the 100 year war bit with the "We'll miss you comment" and youtube that puppy.

Yes, but you have to first open up with the "Ron Paul is the most honest man in the congress" quote...and maybe the Newt Gringrich quote basically saying "we need party solidarity, so republicans, vote with me on this issue...Ron Paul is allowed to vote no."

Soccrmastr
01-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Holy shit that debate was weird! I heard the comments McCain made about missing Paul tomorrow, and I saw Freds smart-ass comments at the end when Paul said "keep trying" ! I saw it in the youtube video couldnt catch itm live because I got back to NY from grassroots HQ in Manchester NH.

RobS
01-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I heard it.

deedles
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
They are very mean to him. It reflects so poorly on them to treat such an honorable man so badly. I'd vote for a democrat before any of these bozos.. and that's saying a lot.

I feel bad for Dr. Paul to have to put up with that... and he does it FOR US.

random
01-05-2008, 10:04 PM
The OP's hearing is amazing!! :eek:

Well caught!!

MozoVote
01-05-2008, 10:06 PM
It could not have been Giuliani, he was finishing up. Fred's not quick enough. Huckabee wouldn't say something like that, I think.

Had to be McCain or Romney. Do we have any professional voice analysts in the forum? /shrug/

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xn5vpYOpVEg 6:55-7:00 of this - can we get a high quailty rip of the few seconds before and that clip? rudy then laughs at mccain's comment... one more time....

McCain is such a turd.

Airborn
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
He did indeed say it

UtahApocalypse
01-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Indeed it was McCain

Johncjackson
Yeah I don't see Romney Doing it.

Dr. Paul was the only one that stuck up for Romney being treated fairly as a Mormon.

Romney snickers at Paul on occasion but he hasn't been disrespectful otherwise that I have seen.

From what I have seen and heard Romney may be the most civil towards Dr. Paul. Paul has spoken out in support on the religion thing as well as some of the flip-flop stuff ( as far as giving him the benefit of the doubt on his conservative credentials compared to how he had to Govern).

BTW, I never really discuss RP with my wife. She knows I support him. She is pretty far left. We were watching the debate in different rooms and we talked some about it in the intermission. She said "isn't Ron Paul the guy you like? I really like what he said on some things but didn't like other things. But he was the only one of the Republicans really saying anything. The other guys looked really childish when they were laughing at him."

Azprint
Wow I missed it, but now I can hear it, too many fucking neo-cons talking at the same time.

jcarcinogen
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
If true the campaign should use the clip tomorrow to make the news on Fox's competitors, or whistleblowers send to the media.

nosebruise
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
omfg he did say that.

what. a. jerk.

Johncjackson
01-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Holy shit that debate was weird! I heard the comments McCain made about missing Paul tomorrow, and I saw Freds smart-ass comments at the end when Paul said "keep trying" ! I saw it in the youtube video couldnt catch itm live because I got back to NY from grassroots HQ in Manchester NH.

What did Fred say? Was it after the debate was over when they were talking? I saw RP talk to Fred for quite awhile and then Bill Richardson but couldn't make anything out.

Or was this actually during the debate near the end?

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Here it is. Listen right before the end. Also watch McCain's facial expresions whenever the cameras show him. The motherfucker is CRAZY and needs his ass kicked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNP6IrkxAwU

Johncjackson
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
What really annoys me is that in the "post-game analysis" Snuffleupagus said it was a clean jab by Huckabee, as if that's a good thing. I hate politics.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cheap, old, and there were some groans there ( Hucakbee was the only one really amused with himself I think).

Boy George acted like it was some brilliant jab.

Give me liberty
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
What a jerk ass.

bew2005
01-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I've been a registered Republican my entire voting life and been fighting the Republican cause long before. However, after seeing how RP has been treated during this campaign, the comments from Fred Thompson and John McCain tonight during the debate, the debacle that is redstate.com and politics1.com and how the forum posters just dismiss Paul as a nut, I will be changing my registration immediately after voting for Paul. It will be a rare occasion that this hand pulls the (R) lever ever again.

constitutional
01-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Here it is. Listen right before the end. Also watch McCain's facial expresions whenever the cameras show him. The motherfucker is CRAZY and needs his ass kicked!

Yes, CONFIRMED. Plus, did you see McCain snort? What a pig.

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM

Yea - I posted that clip on YouTube. I wanted to make sure I got enough of it to show how friggin' crazy McCain looked (and stupid Rudy sounded).

Give me liberty
01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Yea he did twice.

walt
01-05-2008, 10:22 PM
link not working for me

Will - can you please edit the tags to include romney and huckabee? and explain the Fox forum exclusion - the people that will view this may not know all of these facts.

N13
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I thought of all the McCain cracks, his attack of Romney when he said "Yeah Mitt, you're an agent of change alright," was the most severe.

McCain was busting on Romney all night and the flip flopper issue was served up more than once.

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Will - can you please edit the tags to include romney and huckabee? and explain the Fox forum exclusion - the people that will view this may not know all of these facts.

Done

Xonox
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I thought I heard something about "not going to be there tomorrow" in the rable after one of Ron's great answers, don't know who it came from though.

PC_for_Paul
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
The thing that pisses me off the most is they all think this is low hanging fruit. We are all too stupid to see the truth, the best we can do is buy the "they hate us for our freedom" crap.

MozoVote
01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm starting to agree that it was McCain saying that, after a few listens.

Honestly, I only think Huckabee and Paul came across as "grown-ups" in this debate. The bickering and postering did not win any confidence from me of the others.

Eponym_mi
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
McCain really is an arrogant asshole. Reminds me of Dick Cheney.

FreedomGirl
01-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I've been a registered Republican my entire voting life and been fighting the Republican cause long before. However, after seeing how RP has been treated during this campaign, the comments from Fred Thompson and John McCain tonight during the debate, the debacle that is redstate.com and politics1.com and how the forum posters just dismiss Paul as a nut, I will be changing my registration immediately after voting for Paul. It will be a rare occasion that this hand pulls the (R) lever ever again.

Hold on there! I'm also a life-long Republican. My state doesn't require registering. If you have to register in yours, register as an independent, if you can, before doing something crazy and becoming a democrat. Jeesh! Did you watch their debate?

Don't you leave! Kick out those damn globalists and neocons first. They don't belong in our party.

FreedomGirl
01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I thought I heard something about "not going to be there tomorrow" in the rable after one of Ron's great answers, don't know who it came from though.

It was defintely McCain. I thought I heard it live, but didn't know who said it. When I watched it again on you tube, I was listening for it and it was definitely McCain's tinny voice.

And this is why I didn't vote for him in 2000. He carried Michigan. Does that say enough about the state I'm in?

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
It was McCain. Go back and find the YouTube link. Listen a couple of times - it's McCain.

dvictr
01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
"ron, miss you tomorrow night..." and ron paul grinz... the host catches it too...

WTFYO
01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I had to put on some better headphones to hear it. My hearing is bad but that was most definitely McCain. I believe this debate tonight hurt the neocons that took over the republican party.

Trance Dance Master
01-05-2008, 11:20 PM

That was funny. He's having too much fun playing presidential candidate. He loves it when people quote things he says like "make it 100" or "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran". His entertainment value is almost at the level of Huckabee. After all, these debates do need ratings.

bew2005
01-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Hold on there! I'm also a life-long Republican. My state doesn't require registering. If you have to register in yours, register as an independent, if you can, before doing something crazy and becoming a democrat. Jeesh! Did you watch their debate?

Don't you leave! Kick out those damn globalists and neocons first. They don't belong in our party.

My state does use a closed primary (Kentucky), however I will not be registering as a Democrat. Either Libertarian or Independent....not sure. The direction the (R) party is going is not what I signed up for...hopefully Paul can right the ship. If not, 3rd party it is.

Constitution Supporter
01-05-2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77798 There is a youtube link of it being said in this tread. It's right near the end of the clip.

PatriotG
01-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Yes it was definitely said.

Very professional.

McCain is a jerk....period.
I wouldn't trust him with running a hot dog stand.

I pray now, just for that ridiculous and trivial statement, that he is out of the race quickly.

PatriotG

walt
01-06-2008, 04:47 AM
shall we melt the phones of Mccain's headquarters on Sunday?

drpcash
01-06-2008, 05:07 AM

I heard it too and was misguided by OP's Thread headline accusing McCain and could not believe it, till i came across this NYT transcript:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/05/us/politics/05text-rdebate.html?pagewanted=7

IT IS THE UNGRATEFUL BASTARD ROMNEY

Lexx78
01-06-2008, 05:24 AM
that is low indeed...

frankdogg
01-06-2008, 05:26 AM
I've listened to it a couple of dozen times and I can tell 99% that it is McCain. I think the transcript was guessing on the fly with the (?) after Romney's name...

Regardless, every person on that stage sickened me at one time or another, except for Dr. Paul.

When it comes to my next President having peace talks with other countries and their leaders, I would be embarrassed to have any of the other Republican candidates that took the stage tonight representing me or the USA. I guess I don't consider interrupting people for face time, bickering like little kids on a playground, slinging insults back and forth w/ tongue in cheek, taking cheap shots and laughing at a person's educated opinion just b/c it doesn't match yours or the status quo in Washington... I don't consider these traits I want for my next President of the USA.

The only guy on that stage that showed class throughout was Dr. Paul. I know we see it, I just wonder, hope and pray that the other undecided voters can see it that way.

wildflower
01-06-2008, 05:50 AM
I've listened to it a couple of dozen times and I can tell 99% that it is McCain. I think the transcript was guessing on the fly with the (?) after Romney's name...

Regardless, every person on that stage sickened me at one time or another, except for Dr. Paul.

When it comes to my next President having peace talks with other countries and their leaders, I would be embarrassed to have any of the other Republican candidates that took the stage tonight representing me or the USA. I guess I don't consider interrupting people for face time, bickering like little kids on a playground, slinging insults back and forth w/ tongue in cheek, taking cheap shots and laughing at a person's educated opinion just b/c it doesn't match yours or the status quo in Washington... I don't consider these traits I want for my next President of the USA.

The only guy on that stage that showed class throughout was Dr. Paul. I know we see it, I just wonder, hope and pray that the other undecided voters can see it that way.

I so agree with you. I think last night's debate really showed the other candidates as being the arrogant, disrespectful phony politicians that they are. In comparison to them, Dr. Paul has a heart of gold. I have a feeling that this is just one more thing that will wake people up - also, Paul's exclusion at the Fox debate, when he is polling higher than Thompson and Giuliani in some polls and got 10% in Iowa. People are starting to see the truth. I think all of this will bring in new people. At least I hope and pray. :)

drpcash
01-06-2008, 05:54 AM
McCain is the last among these crooks to do to Dr. Paul.
In fact after the debate he was seen, the first to shake hands and was seen patting Dr. Paul's shoulder.
NH for Romney is do or die.
Romney knows Massachuset's Tax dodgers residing in NH are going to go for RP.
And only RP has the money to fight his wealth.

Ricochet
01-06-2008, 06:07 AM
I think you guys are all paranoid. I heard it, so what? Maybe a bit clumsy as a joke but hardly anything that's going to take him down. Could even be interpreted as a friendly remark.

I think you'll all look like nut jobs if you try to play it up. There was much more obvious stuff to use than that.

walt
01-06-2008, 06:09 AM
I think you guys are all paranoid. I heard it, so what? Maybe a bit clumsy as a joke but hardly anything that's going to take him down. Could even be interpreted as a friendly remark.

I think you'll all look like nut jobs if you try to play it up. There was much more obvious stuff to use than that.

paid trolls, interesting.

Ricochet
01-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Yep, paranoid.

webber53
01-06-2008, 06:21 AM
John McCain said it and he is lesser of a man for saying it.
That being said anyone that would vote for this ignorant
child in a adult's body is an uneducated dolt to put it mildly.
How he remains in this race is a poor testament to the
voters in Arizona and those that voted for him on his
previous run for President. The other candidates were\are
complicit in their comments, gestures and facial contortions
towards Ron Paul all through the debate to the point I am
ashamed for my party.

PatriotG
01-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I heard it too and was misguided by OP's Thread headline accusing McCain and could not believe it, till i came across this NYT transcript:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/05/us/politics/05text-rdebate.html?pagewanted=7

Romney is fake....worse than McCain
so it doesn't matter anyway.

justatrey
01-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Here is the YouTube showing just the moment where he says it. Also, notice that Giuliani also shows alot of class with another obnoxious laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGLwgwOcrxA

SimpleName
01-06-2008, 11:39 AM
UGH! McCain is a scumbag! His childish grin, along with the smiles and laughs of the rest of the ignorant, bullying losers shows the level that America has come to. I REALLY wish Paul would have come out and pointed it out. The audience would have been left in wonder

Abyss
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I heard it, it wasn't classy, it was dumb, and noone thought it funny.

curiousobserver
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
yeah ... he said that...tells a lot about his character.

msirilla
01-06-2008, 03:40 PM

No, it was not Romney. I'm very good with voice identification and I'm 100% sure it was McCain.

Sey.Naci
01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Ron Paul heard it too and it WAS McCain. Right after the comment, RP turned to his right to look at the commenter. Only Thompson and McCain were seated to his right.

Carl Corey
01-06-2008, 04:41 PM
There's nothing wrong with free speech, McCain can say whatever he wants.

walt
01-06-2008, 06:53 PM
wow he said it again... ;)

heath.whiteaker
01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
it may have been McCains neck talking... It distracts me on a regular basis

tcindie
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
I heard it, it wasn't classy, it was dumb, and noone thought it funny.

Well.. McCain thought it was funny, since he laughed at his own joke pretty hard.

For those who haven't seen/heard it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sGLwgwOcrxA

Heather in WI
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Wow. I heard it this time. Good catch OP.

loveshiscountry
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
There's nothing wrong with free speech, McCain can say whatever he wants.
Agreed he is entitled. However I do not want a condescending person like McCain running this country and alienating politicians here and abroad.