PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thomspon/ Abc News snubbed Ron Paul

makrothymia
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
After the debate, Ron Paul went to shake Fred Thompson's hand. Fred refused. McCain moments later walks up waving his hands out like "what's the matter."

Did anyone else catch that?

Also, AbcNews did not speak of, had no one else speak in behalf of Ron Paul...It's disgusting.

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 09:08 PM
After the debate, Ron Paul went to shake Fred Thompson's hand. Fred refused. McCain moments later walks up waving his hands out like "what's the matter."

Also, AbcNews did not speak of, had no one else speak in behalf of Ron Paul...It's disgusting.

Thompson and Paul exchanged words before they got up.

rp4evar08
01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
one of the news casters is the guy that said he'd bet all his money that paul would never be president, im surprised paul was even in the debates

Paulite5112007
Exchanged? That mean they were snarling or joking?

Joe3113
Fuck Thompson.

LibertyEagle
Thompson and Paul exchanged words before they got up.

Wow. I wonder what that was all about.

yongrel
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I want to know what was said between Fred and Dr. Paul after the debate.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
There was NO post debate coverage of Ron Paul. What a bunch of BS.

damon04
01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
no big deal......

avix123
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I saw McCain put his arms on Ron's shoulders and smile. Def. some love going on once the mics turn off.

jmag
01-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't know but I think Ron Paul wanted to inform him more about how reducing spending and sound monetary policy would help make health care more affordable, and Fred Thompson didn't want to have a lesson. Not sure but that's what I thought.

makrothymia
01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
like the caucuses, but it would be a moral lifter if Ron Paul would get caucus supporters; mainstream media fairness and the like; and the recognition of his intellect.

Yeah, I need that moral support. I really want see an America the founding fathers wanted generations to after them have, and it would be really great, and would make me feel good, (yep, I went there.) to see all the hard work of his supporters recognized.

I missed the fist part of the debate, so thanks for filling me in on the healthcare schooling.

homah
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know but I think Ron Paul wanted to inform him more about how reducing spending and sound monetary policy would help make health care more affordable, and Fred Thompson didn't want to have a lesson. Not sure but that's what I thought.

I thought the exact same thing. Paul wanted to talk shop and Thompson wanted to go take a nap.

That's what I love about Paul. He's truly believes in his message and wants to spread it to everyone -- even his opponents.

B9vot3r
well when thompson tried to counter ron on one of his questions, i think it was the question about oil prices, Thompson tried to be funny by saying something like 'well lets think about that for a moment' and ron paul snuck in there "well keep trying" before he went on to talk about nothing of any relevance.

Joey Wahoo
As soon as it ended RP turned to Fred T and began talking to him, and I saw him point his finger at him. I think Dr. Paul was using the opportunity to give Fred a lesson in monetary policy. Fred may not have appreciated it.

JeffersonThomas
01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
anybody have the youtube of this part so we can maybe analyze it a bit better? or better yet connections with the campaign to satisfy our curiousities? I saw this little exchange too & I was and am still very curious

WillInMiami
01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I recorded the debate - I've just watched that bit three times. You can see that Dr. Paul is talking to Thompson and using his hand. He's not actually putting it out for a shake. Thompson does look down at his hand breifly to determine if Paul is offering it for a shake and determines that he's not so he doesn't put his hand out. I don't think Thompson refused a shake - I don't think one was offered.

RlxdN10sity
01-05-2008, 09:27 PM
When Thompson was responding and speaking about people dealing with dictators and mentioned China I saw Ron chuckle to himself and then lean up to make a note. I'm sure Ron intended to speak to something Thompson said but never got the chance so I think he probably told him about it directly once the debate ended.

Matt Collins
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I saw McCain put his arms on Ron's shoulders and smile. Def. some love going on once the mics turn off.I think McCain has been quoted as saying that "Ron Paul is the most honest man in Congress" which is humorous because McCain is ALSO in Congress.....

Heather in WI
01-05-2008, 09:45 PM

I didn't catch that. I thought they were all chatting the way they all normally do.

orion846
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
i acutally thought all 3 of them were being very cordial/friendly when i saw that, made my eyebrow go up. i didnt see thompson being a douche to paul

rfbz
01-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah I was thinking that Ron Paul was trying to correct him on a few things after the debate. Fred Thompson tried to make him look stupid earlier, he said something like "so let me get this straight, you're going to fix health care by getting out of the middle east and lowering the price of oil" He was basically trying to take a jab at RP for mentioning so many different issues at once like he usually does.

AMack
01-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I think McCain has been quoted as saying that "Ron Paul is the most honest man in Congress" which is humorous because McCain is ALSO in Congress.....

Except that he's in the senate =)

rfbz
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM

the senate is part of congress no?

Abu
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
McCain is probably the only one who doesn't think Ron Paul is insane, even though he disagress with him.

Rudy, for example, thinks America has never done anything wrong, and that America was targeted because of how awesome it is. Laughable.

Shink
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow. I wonder what that was all about.

Ron was looking jovial. He probably congratulated him on his spears at Romney as pertaining to 'liking mandates' etc.

evandi
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM

I think congress is the senate and house even though people in the house are called congressmen while people in the senate are called senators. I think its due to the fact that housers wouldn't sound respectable. But I could be wrong.

Chester Copperpot
01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I think congress is the senate and house even though people in the house are called congressmen while people in the senate are called senators. I think its due to the fact that housers wouldn't sound respectable. But I could be wrong.

Yes all are congressman but "Senators" is considered more prestigious.. theres only 100 of them as opposed to 435 representatives

danberkeley
01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I saw McCain put his arms on Ron's shoulders and smile. Def. some love going on once the mics turn off.

maybe this whole thing is a joke and everyone else will drop out and support Ron Paul????

christagious
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
When Thompson was responding and speaking about people dealing with dictators and mentioned China I saw Ron chuckle to himself and then lean up to make a note. I'm sure Ron intended to speak to something Thompson said but never got the chance so I think he probably told him about it directly once the debate ended.

When Thompson mentioned Chavez and Venezuela, I saw RP move his hand as if to say "what the hell?" or something like that. you all may disagree with me but Chavez is NOT a dictator, he was fairly elected in by a large majority and his recent proposal to change their constitution failed. A true dictator would have forced it to pass, he accepted the loss.

Gimme Some Truth
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
well when thompson tried to counter ron on one of his questions, i think it was the question about oil prices, Thompson tried to be funny by saying something like 'well lets think about that for a moment' and ron paul snuck in there "well keep trying" before he went on to talk about nothing of any relevance.

That was about healthcare.

So, did Ron offer a handshake and Fred reject it? If true Fred is a complete jerk

Ron manged to shake hands with Rudy ... heck it was Rudy who offered the handshake!

Johncjackson
01-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I thought they had a cordial conversation. maybe that was enough without a fake shake.

Ron Paul has said in interviews that all of the candidates are cordial outside of the debates and that some have been friendlier as he has picked up more support.