PDA

View Full Version : To all Muslims on this forum...

lorenavedon
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
What do you and your family think when you see ads like the new one from Giuliani?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hyy5LURWTlw
Hyy5LURWTlw

It reminds me of the ads Hitler ran against the Jews before WW2.

hillertexas
01-05-2008, 08:50 PM
bump

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I only saw about 3-4 Muslims in the religion polls out of 200-300

zmall88
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
honestly, it is going to be very difficult to get any muslim to vote for a republican this next time around.

muslims traditionally vote republican but when all the republican candidates talk about is how we are in a war with islam, it scares people to the core.

i've known some perfectly decent born American muslims immigrate to repressive regimes like syria and egypt because they were scared that the govt. was going to intern american muslims into concentration camps, like they did to japanese americans earlier in the century, only much worse.

and the talk of fighting islam, muslims, "bringing them into modernity", "sending them back to their caves", "basically getting rid of them", scares the shit out of muslims.

lorenavedon
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I only saw about 3-4 Muslims in the religion polls out of 200-300

I wonder why that few. Ron Paul is pretty much the only one that’s not advocating an all our war against Islam on the republican side. Even the Democrats are total Zionist shills that will take this war to the ends of the Earth if needed for the sake of the Military Industrial Complex and the Israeli Lobby.

lorenavedon
01-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm Republican and Muslim, and I'm trying to remind them that 8 years ago who did we rally for? Bush.... we loved the guy... now we gotta love Ron. and yes those ads frighten me, I wonder if I'm going to be locked up in a cage. and there are around 12-14 muslims on the forum from last vote count I saw.

Well it's good to hear. What is currently happening is totally abhorrent. As much as I’d hate to say it, you and your family being locked up in cages is just what happened to the Germans and Japanese during WW2. Now imagine what they would do to you. If something like that ever happened I’m hoping there are enough rogue elements in our own military or government to instigate a coup overthrow. If it ever gets to that point my friend, we’re all fucked.

Paulestinian
01-05-2008, 09:03 PM
What do you and your family think when you see ads like the new one from Giuliani?

Hyy5LURWTlw

It makes me want to leave the country. It's truly disturbing. Thankfully, fellow Americans that I encounter on a daily basis have treated me with utmost respect and for that I am thankful and also hopeful that someday things will change to the better.

zabideen
01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Although I`m Canadian and Muslim but these ADs dont really make me scared as much as what we may think of as ``normal`` As Ron Paul says that its not the war itself that is more scary but the fact that people are okay with pre-emptive wars and striking the ``terrorists`` (which even the government is unable to define)

LinkClan
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh My! It looked like all those people were saying; GTF out of my land, NOW or I'll shoot you! Same thing we would be doing if some other country was patrolling the Gulf of Mexico and building bases in my back yard! Amazing, just amazing!

doyle
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
That video makes me want to throw up. Seriously, I can't believe people can't see how sickening that is.

Antonius Stone
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh My! It looked like all those people were saying; GTF out of my land, NOW or I'll shoot you! Same thing we would be doing if some other country was patrolling the Gulf of Mexico and building bases in my back yard! Amazing, just amazing!

bingola

hasan
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
yeah i hate rudy. i hate everyone that thinks muslims hate america because they have freedom.

believe me its not freedom but american interference that stirs up hate. rudy and co are so blind

and ignorant and hateful it makes me sick. As a muslim I endorse Ron Paul.

kutibah
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm also a muslim and it's just sickening...especially since some of the footage he uses isn't from the terrorists but rather people protesing US Occupation...

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
This is the real Rudy ad actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8&NR=1

There was poll on Religion of RP supporters recently here, there was good support for RP among muslims and jews. RP's message is inspiring Americans across the board. Spread the word, tell others about RP.

Abu
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I am Muslim. I see Guiliani as someone who will make Bush and Cheney seem tame. I believe that if this "war against radical..." doesn't stop, Muslims who are less inclined to be violent will turn this way. America does not know what it is doing.

Propping up dictators, building huge bases, lopsided support of Israel, and now the democracy agenda will bring nothing but misery back to America. "Terrorism" will never be defeated.

The only way to stop the jihad against America is to remove the motivation. Having Ron Paul become president and implement his policies would remove that motivation. The message of those like Osama bin Laden make a lot of sense to a lot of people.

However, if America was following the policies that Ron Paul would like to implement, and Osama was saying the same things, no one would give him the time of day, or any support. He would be ridiculed and ostracized in the Muslim world, instead of supported. Right now, the things he says resonate with many, many people. Remove that motivation, and he becomes powerless. And that will also stop others from trying that message against America, because any true honorable Muslim would stop his defense when the opposition has removed the offense.

raiha
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Rudy is one of the most patronising, condescending, narcissistic individuals I have ever had the misfortune to come across. Do Americans really believe that balderdash that other countries are jealous of America because you are free and prosperous? Don't seem to be either free or prosperous to my mind.

Thankfully he is not going to win!!!He is a piranha fish.

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
No, Muslims love Ron Paul. My friend at work is voting for him now. He is organizing vote rides.

FreedomGirl
01-05-2008, 10:49 PM
My best friend of more than 30 years is a Muslim here in Dearborn, Michigan, and there's a Ron Paul sign in her front yard.

StarKissed
01-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Hamadeh said
"I'm Republican and Muslim, and I'm trying to remind them that 8 years ago who did we rally for? Bush.... we loved the guy... now we gotta love Ron. and yes those ads frighten me, I wonder if I'm going to be locked up in a cage. and there are around 12-14 muslims on the forum from last vote count I saw."

We understand what you're saying Hamadeh, and even though I'm a Caucasian American, I'm coming fear the same thing for ALL of us.

Connie/Indiana

zmall88
01-05-2008, 10:52 PM
there are 8 million muslims in america, by some counts that more than jewish americans.

if we can get all of that vote we'll be well on our way to the white house....

Give me liberty
01-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Have you seen the pro rudy comments on that video?

This makes me sick.

jonahtrainer
01-05-2008, 10:57 PM

Hyy5LURWTlw

Spot on. Plus, why did Edwards bring up Osama when Bhutto said he had been murdered (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6r0AwrHyoY)?

NOLA
01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Asalaam-alaikum to the Muslims on here...good to see do many.

Is this a real ad?? because it is kind of disturbing. I don't know any Muslim who is supporting Guilliani....tonight's debate performance by Mitt reallly pissed me off...How does he think that he is going to change Islam...does he not understand that America can not keep propping up dictators? The real ignorance of his statements made me wonder if he has even spoken to a Muslim to see what they think? The only way you defeat radical Islam is by promoting a freedom of discussion. Why do you think in America there is no "fundamentalist" Muslims willing to kill themselves. Its because they have oportunities to succedd and there is a real discourse among American Muslims..so called moderate Muslims defeat fundamentalist ideas using the Uran and hadiths...Islam by its very meaning wants you to live good life and taqke care of your family and the community...that is why the idea of the Ummah is so important in Islam...the idea that you are part of something greater than yourself. That you are representing all of Islam with your actions.

But I digress...the most ignorant line overall is from Guilliani who eqauted the Muslim terrorists...yes they are Muslim...and they can be called Muslim terrorist there is nothing wrong with calling them what they are (what pises me off is when they thrown in fear mongoring words like Islamofascist, jihadist/global jihadist islamofascist terrorism..words that don't even go together) is when Guilliani thinks Palestinian terrorism is in the name of Islam....if he thinks palestinian terrorism is the same as Al Qaeda then he sooo beyond ignorant on Islam it is not even funny...it is quite pathetic...understand the motivation of different groups then solve the problem.

Nailhead
01-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Guiliani wants to battle terrorists; Ron Paul wants to battle the reasons for becoming a terrorist

Ones war will last forever, the others war will end in peace

Maverick
01-05-2008, 11:01 PM

Hyy5LURWTlw

What's with the comment section on that video? 4,000 views and only 13 comments, and they all just happen to be pro-rudy/pro-neocon? Yeah, I'm thinking heavy-handed modding right there. Not that surprising from someone who supports a fascist.

Abu
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Asalaam-alaikum to the Muslims on here...good to see do many.

Is this a real ad?? because it is kind of disturbing. I don't know any Muslim who is supporting Guilliani....tonight's debate performance by Mitt reallly pissed me off...How does he think that he is going to change Islam...does he not understand that America can not keep propping up dictators? The real ignorance of his statements made me wonder if he has even spoken to a Muslim to see what they think? The only way you defeat radical Islam is by promoting a freedom of discussion. Why do you think in America there is no "fundamentalist" Muslims willing to kill themselves. Its because they have oportunities to succedd and there is a real discourse among American Muslims..so called moderate Muslims defeat fundamentalist ideas using the Uran and hadiths...Islam by its very meaning wants you to live good life and taqke care of your family and the community...that is why the idea of the Ummah is so important in Islam...the idea that you are part of something greater than yourself. That you are representing all of Islam with your actions.

But I digress...the most ignorant line overall is from Guilliani who eqauted the Muslim terrorists...yes they are Muslim...and they can be called Muslim terrorist there is nothing wrong with calling them what they are (what pises me off is when they thrown in fear mongoring words like Islamofascist, jihadist/global jihadist islamofascist terrorism..words that don't even go together) is when Guilliani thinks Palestinian terrorism is in the name of Islam....if he thinks palestinian terrorism is the same as Al Qaeda then he sooo beyond ignorant on Islam it is not even funny...it is quite pathetic...understand the motivation of different groups then solve the problem.

Alaikum assalaam akhi,

If they did that, it would not be a simple way to stir up everyone's fear. Nuance is something they wish to avoid. All they want is a big monster to scare everyone with. Show some brothers in ski masks, a picture of an explosion, and some crying civilians...call them all Islamofascists who hate freedom and have no reason to attack, then show a picture of self with American flag. Mix, bake, win.

At leasy Ron Paul understands that the reason Amerika gets what it does is because of it's own policies over all these years. People don't just attack for no reason.

srmpass98
01-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Actually the real tragedy in the Muslim world is not US intervention, nor is it the constant struggle between tyranny and democracy. Its illiteracy.

I found Ron Paul's performance in the debate to be lackluster, sadly. I felt he could have articulated his points more poignantly and hence would not have found himself on the defensive at the outset. Hopefully the people in New Hampshire can see beyond the phoniness that is so prevalent in the other candidates (except Thompson who did pretty well all things considering) and actually take the time to research his policies, especially his economic ones which to this date are easily his strongest.

d991
01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm an Canadian with Arabic descent and my dad, who was born in Lebanon, says Ron Paul is right on the mark when he talks about U.S. meddling in the Middle East. Although I'm not Muslim, I sympathize with them for the negativity directed towards them, and it really does affect all Arabs, whether Muslim or Christian.

It is sad that people are so uneducated that an ad like this will influence them to vote for Giuliani.

thisisgiparti
01-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm also a muslim and it's just sickening...especially since some of the footage he uses isn't from the terrorists but rather people protesing US Occupation...

ooh, don't tell 9udy that!:eek:

hellah10
01-06-2008, 04:09 AM
As a muslim, I laugh...

nothing makes me laugh harder then the fear propaganda machine... and I dare anybody around me to say anything... they didnt go to Iraq - so they shut up quick

RonPaulFTW08
01-06-2008, 04:20 AM
5 seconds into the video he pretty much, no literally, calls the Muslim people "perverted".

erin moore
01-06-2008, 04:22 AM
I looked up political dontaions in my zipcode at the FEC site... all the middle eastern names had donated to Hillary... and one to John Edwards.

I am learning Arabic and getting to know the Arabs in my area. Any good way to bring this up?

Oh and I was disgusted by the ad. My more pragmatic better half pointed out that the ad wasn't even effective. So what if he was even right, it didn't show us why he would be the best guy to fix it anyway.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 04:28 AM
I'm Republican and Muslim, and I'm trying to remind them that 8 years ago who did we rally for? Bush.... we loved the guy... now we gotta love Ron. and yes those ads frighten me, I wonder if I'm going to be locked up in a cage. and there are around 12-14 muslims on the forum from last vote count I saw.

Hi Hamadeh. Tell me, has your Father and his friends come around yet?

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Alaikum assalaam akhi,

If they did that, it would not be a simple way to stir up everyone's fear. Nuance is something they wish to avoid. All they want is a big monster to scare everyone with. Show some brothers in ski masks, a picture of an explosion, and some crying civilians...call them all Islamofascists who hate freedom and have no reason to attack, then show a picture of self with American flag. Mix, bake, win.

At leasy Ron Paul understands that the reason Amerika gets what it does is because of it's own policies over all these years. People don't just attack for no reason.

Understanding is one thing, Abu. Justifying, is quite another and we do not do that. There is no justification for those who attacked us and murdered thousands of innocent civilians. NONE!!!

Nefertiti
01-06-2008, 06:06 AM
I don't have any desire to watch the video to even comment on it. Yes the people behind 911 were Muslim but I had and have nothing to do with them or that and frankly I am sick and tired of having to answer or be affected by something I have nothing to do with. I understand the original poster didn't have any negative intentions but frankly I think this thread is a waste of my and any other American Muslims' time.

Nefertiti
01-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Understanding is one thing, Abu. Justifying, is quite another and we do not do that. There is no justification for those who attacked us and murdered thousands of innocent civilians. NONE!!!

So what is our justification for the hundreds of thousands if not millions of Iraqi civilian deaths we have been responsible for since 1990?

Abu
01-06-2008, 06:30 AM

3 thousand vs millions....

Oliver
01-06-2008, 06:38 AM
3 thousand vs millions....

Funny that the Media always whines about their casualties.
There would be a completely different sentiment if the would
show both numbers each time they mention the US-casualties.

The whole patriotic system in the US is screwed up, especially
the Media and the Nuts who buy everything they tell.

LastoftheMohicans
01-06-2008, 08:27 AM
If you need to convert (no pun intended) Muslims to a free market position, refer them to The Minaret of Freedom Institute (http://minaret.org/). It is run by Imad-ad-Dean Ahmad, Ph.D. He is, I believe, a Palestinian refugee. He is/was involved with the Libertarian Party.

ladyliberty
01-06-2008, 10:15 AM
I think the terrorist attacks are blown WAY OUT OF PORPORTION in order to frighten us into submission. I found this google map that really puts the situation into its proper perspective...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=100547042535873345331.0004384ce0e13337be966&ll=14.604847,63.984375&spn=91.237243,105.46875&z=3&source=embed