PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Paul say....

gracemonger
01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
....if you think they attack us because we're free than why do we rob American citizens of their civil liberties with each new attack or threat? Are we not playing into the hands of the terrorists? Making America less free?
We need to be tough on terrorism and show them that NOTHING will make us compromise our Constitution!

lorenavedon
01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
because he can't think fast enough on his feet and talk and speak convincingly and firmly. It's not easy. Not everyone is a public speaker. The smartest people on earth probably come off as retards if they were put on the spot in front of a camera. The other candidates were raised to be used car salesmen. They have experience in lying and bullshitting. The average American buys into that crap

ConQuesimo
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
And that's what pisses me off the most -- the fact that most Americans buy into the bullshit. The thing that pulled me to Ron in the first place was solely because he was the only one on the stage who wasn't fake.

RPFTW!
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
because he can't think fast enough on his feet and talk and speak convincingly and firmly. It's not easy. Not everyone is a public speaker. The smartest people on earth probably come off as retards if they were put on the spot in front of a camera. The other candidates were raised to be used car salesmen. They have experience in lying and bullshitting. The average American buys into that crap

10/10 excellent post

N13
What Ron should do is drop that entire argument and simply ask them how they plan on paying for their war.

moostraks
....if you think they attack us because we're free than why do we rob American citizens of their civil liberties with each new attack or threat? Are we not playing into the hands of the terrorists? Making America less free?
We need to be tough on terrorism and show them that NOTHING will make us compromise our Constitution!

Intelligent response! I think he is too busy trying to get them to hear his point of view, and he feels it is validated and supported by other data. The response you offer would be a good retort at this point because it would blindside them since they know what he has been responding with to date...

Created4
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM

Good point about the "other candidates", but if you have seen Paul one on one in interviews, including antagonistic ones like Tim Russert, he can think plenty fast and does quite well, because he does NOT have to think up lies and answers on the fly, since he has held the same positions for more than 30 years. But debates are definitely tricky, because if you are not the kind of person who likes to personally attack others, then you shouldn't. But you still need to get your views out. I didn't think it was wise for him to laugh at Thompson criticizing Romney, even if it was funny. I noticed he tried to say something to Thompson directly after the debate, and it looked like Thompson basically just blew him off.

constitutional

Thomas Jefferson was not a good speaker. Skim through highlighted result: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Thomas+Jefferson+not+a+good+speaker.&btnG=Search

gracemonger
It's not like he would have to make it up on the fly. He gets challenged on the reason they attcked us at every debate. He should have a nice one-liner arguement like this to make people think! Repeat it over and over and over......

hasan
01-05-2008, 08:41 PM
thts a very good response.

but i must say that ron paul at least got his china analogy through and i think people will have to

start thinking about that like it or not. ron paul did great on this debate