PDA

View Full Version : observations from a first time Paul observer

blakjak
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Some thoughts from my friend (no party affiliation) that watched Ron Paul in the debates for the first time tonight:

"man, they are ganging up on him... they don't treat him with respect"

"again he is fighting too big a war against too many opponents at the same time...have to pick his battles i guess..."

"my guess is that RP is too radical for the common man... after hearing/seeing him for the first time that is my take... it will take time....almost as if the public is too stupid to follow him...no wonder the internet generation is on his side..."

Ranger29860
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
a buddy of mine who i have been working on for a couple weeks now saw it and is really motivated to get out and stop mcaine and huckabee ( he specificly said he saw right throught huckabee's look at me i can give one liners)

PC_for_Paul
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Those who have never heard the truth are normally takin aback by him at first. The time pressures we are under bother me the most.

I don't know if America is ready, they know the truth if they get exposed to it. Seems they nod in and out of, some still only for brief moments, then the others tell them you are feelin sleepy, it's crazy, you are feelin sleepy, we could never do that, you are getting sleepy, we need a 100 year war.

hasan
01-05-2008, 08:18 PM
we were all first timers at some point werent we? we came arnd alrite and they will as well

hueylong
01-05-2008, 08:18 PM
welcome to the revolution. now get to work.

PC_for_Paul
01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
NH will test the republican hold, how many fall in line. I think the GOP is trying to give Mcain the nod in NH. if we take it from them here we stand a chance to control the party. If we struggle here it will be a long hard battle.

Deborah K
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I was turned on to Ron Paul when I saw him in this documentary: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=freedom+to+fascism&total=1110&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

This documentary explains everything Ron Paul rails about. Pass it around to newbies.

WARNING: NOT FOR THE WEAK AT HEART

Ron Paul Fan
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I just called a buddy of mine in NH who is an independent, undecided voter and I asked him if he watched the debate. He said yes, Ron Paul won hands down. He didn't engage in the mocking and attacks. It seemed like he was the only who who recognized that there is a problem with the way things are going. I'm voting for Ron Paul on Tuesday.

Laja
01-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I just called a buddy of mine in NH who is an independent, undecided voter and I asked him if he watched the debate. He said yes, Ron Paul won hands down. He didn't engage in the mocking and attacks. It seemed like he was the only who who recognized that there is a problem with the way things are going. I'm voting for Ron Paul on Tuesday.

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing that. Awesome!

Paulitician
01-05-2008, 08:40 PM
This is awesome! Hopefully the debate did a lot more good than it did bad.

Vvick727
01-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Just letting you guys know, a large portion of the country was apathetic when it came to the '76 Revolution. Possibly from 33%-50% didn't do much.

We can't expect everyone to get informed and back the cause, but we definitely should try.

0zzy
01-05-2008, 08:41 PM

Makes /me/ happy~
But others will never be happy enough.

Phenom24
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm in the facebook thread about the debate and it's so sad reading the responses that "Ron Paul is a nut - he's a liberal and should go back to being a libertarian."

It's pathetic. Get in there people and EDUCATE! :)

Paulitician
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
LOL they call him a liberal. That's like calling Barry Goldwater a liberal, too. Oh, wait, some people right now do think he's a liberal. That's the American people for you--stupid.

ronpaulfollower999
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
My mom called me after seeing the debate. This is the first debate she saw and she said, "I see what you mean about the media ignoring Ron Paul. Huckabee is a liar. Giuliani's immigration plan sucks."

0zzy
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
My mom called me after seeing the debate. This is the first debate she saw and she said, "I see what you mean about the media ignoring Ron Paul. Huckabee is a liar. Giuliani's immigration plan sucks."

You're mom talks funny.

Richandler
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM

See if he can get 3 other people with him!!! Anything and everything for more and more and more votes!!!

ronpaulfollower999
01-05-2008, 08:50 PM
You're mom talks funny.

It was just a quick little review. I could've put in how Aunt Judy got into a fight with Cousin Bob, but I don't think you would really care.

Paulitician
01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Your mom is keen, props.

murrayrothbard
01-05-2008, 09:21 PM
LOL they call him a liberal. That's like calling Barry Goldwater a liberal, too. Oh, wait, some people right now do think he's a liberal. That's the American people for you--stupid.

Paul IS a liberal in the original meaning of the word...

MessyTessy
01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Some thoughts from my friend (no party affiliation) that watched Ron Paul in the debates for the first time tonight:

"man, they are ganging up on him... they don't treat him with respect"

"again he is fighting too big a war against too many opponents at the same time...have to pick his battles i guess..."

"my guess is that RP is too radical for the common man... after hearing/seeing him for the first time that is my take... it will take time....almost as if the public is too stupid to follow him...no wonder the internet generation is on his side..."

I always agree with this because I am rather embarrassed that this was my INITIAL response to RP. Only a month and a half ago I was calling Paul a nutjob and rolling my eyes at his 'silly' ideas. They seem silly when he gets less than 30 seconds and all of the other oafs in the room laugh at him.

You only have to listen to RP talk for a few minutes and you become a student of his thinking. The more I listen, the more I like. This is different with every other candidate, the more they talk, the more suspicious you become.

I just have to hope and pray that the American ignorance the rest of the candidates are counting on, will not continue. Its not difficult to google RP, watch a youtube and become intrigued. I have faith that people will do what I did and educate themselves. Look what happened last time we didn't.:(

philipsantamaria
01-05-2008, 09:42 PM
you know...after the election is said and done...

we still have to hold money bombs for commercials with the same MESSAGE!

RonPaulCentral
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM

LOL - I think my mothers words about the huckster were:

"What a creepy creepy putz. I wish someone would punch him in the face." :D

GO MOM!