PDA

View Full Version : Paul Broun Wins Congressional Seat in GA on a Ron Paul Platform

Joe Knows
07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Here are a couple of interesting articles on the special election that was held in GA. The first article is an opinion piece on what will happen in the special election which was published on Election Eve.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=11740

The second article is the results of the election that ended up with the underdog winning. He campaigned on a Ron Paul platform and ran against the GOP establishment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20070718/cm_thenation/45215225

I am going to look at this race closer. On the surface it seems to me to show that Ron Paul's positions have much more broad support than anyone would think.

qednick
07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Awesome. We need more politicians like this and RP.

remaxjon
07-18-2007, 11:24 AM
its like reading the future!:)

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 11:25 AM
I will be running for congress in 2008 on the same platform, anyone want to help? :)

LastoftheMohicans
07-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I was looking on his website last night and it looked like he supported the Iraq War.

Dan Klaus
07-18-2007, 11:27 AM
good read...like how the underdog didn't give up and ended up winning...kinda sounds like a scenario I would love to see with our guy..

DAZ
07-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I think the margin of victory is still within 1%. That would mean an automatic recount.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/politicalinsider/

beermotor
07-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah. The only thing that sucks about this guy is he is pro-war.

But maybe he can be reeducated.

Bradley in DC
07-18-2007, 12:32 PM
You beat me to it, Joe!

From the American Spectator

Athens physician. His father was a state legislator for 38 years, albeit as a Democrat; however, his name endures in the Athens area, as the main highway circling the city is known as the Paul Broun Parkway. The Paul Broun running in this election, though, is light-years apart ideologically from his more liberal father. A self-described "strict constitutionalist" who is committed to "restor[ing] government according to the Constitution as our Founders intended," Broun has said that he, like Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), will "always carry a pocket Constitution" on his person while in Congress, and will "apply a four-way test to all legislation" (in essence, is each piece of legislation constitutional, moral, needed, and affordable?).

Broun is a proponent of private property rights, an opponent of illegal immigration, and a supporter of the FairTax, or national sales tax (as well as the abolition of the IRS). He is a member of the National Rifle Association and president of the local affiliate, the Georgia Sport Shooting Association. Further, he is pro-religious freedom, and is very outspoken against "the ACLU and Activist Federal Judges," who he says are "destroying America's heritage of religious freedom and religious expression."

Bradley in DC
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
from the Yahoo article

As evidence of his independence, Broun emphasized a Ron Paul-like committed to "work to restore government according to the Constitution as our Founders intended." While the Georgia appears to be a more cautious constitutionalist than the maverick Texas congressman who is making a longshot bid for the party's presidential nomination in 2008, Broun borrowed one of the most popular of Paul's principles, promising that if elected he would assess any new legislation by first asking: "Is it constitutional and a proper function of government?"

No one was going to confuse Broun with a liberal, but he did display a Paul-like libertarian streak, suggesting that the federal government ought to stay away away from issues gay marriage and legalizing marijuana -- matters that the candidate suggested are best handled at the state level.

"I believe in the 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which clearly says that all powers not specifically given to the federal government, or prohibited by the Constitution to the states, are reserved to the states and the people," Broun said. "I am not a person who believes that our lives should be controlled by politicians in Washington. I do not believe that the states are merely administrative units of the federal government, to do its bidding."

Whitehead responded by attacking Broun, using the standard anti-gay, anti-crime rhetoric of the party's congressional leadership.

It didn't work. And there is a lesson here for those who suggest that the dip in the popularity of Congress is merely a problem for Democrats. The disdain for Washington's way of doing things appears to be bipartisan.

Chester Copperpot
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Here are a couple of interesting articles on the special election that was held in GA. The first article is an opinion piece on what will happen in the special election which was published on Election Eve.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=11740

The second article is the results of the election that ended up with the underdog winning. He campaigned on a Ron Paul platform and ran against the GOP establishment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20070718/cm_thenation/45215225

I am going to look at this race closer. On the surface it seems to me to show that Ron Paul's positions have much more broad support than anyone would think.

fucking awesome dude... so now there are 2 exceptions to the gang of 535... Besides we need a constitutionalist in congress after ron paul makes it to the white house

DAZ
07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah. The only thing that sucks about this guy is he is pro-war.

But maybe he can be reeducated.

Can't win em all. I didn't follow the campaign closely, but I haven't yet seen him say verbatim "We cannot leave Iraq." He did said on his website that "retreat and defeat" is not an option against terrorism. Whether this means he's hawkish on Iraq or he was being vague enough to get elected without really being dedicated to staying there, I don' t know.

Thom1776
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Alas, this was before the internet. I ran for Congress on the platform of The Constitution and Common Sense.

When it came to people who actually heard me speak and learned my positions, I beat my two opponents, hands down. But I was running as an independent with virtually no money nor organization against an entrenched incumbent Democrat and a well-known Republican challenger.

I am still grateful to the local television stations who held debates and asked me to participate, although the local newspaper was blatantly in the corner of the incumbent.

In the end, I managed to get 16% of the vote against 53% for the Democrat and 31% for the Republican. Money spent/votes received: Democrat: $240,000/131,215; Republican: $100,000/76,795; myself: $4,000/38,963. I believe that if I had the internet back then, I could have won.

That's why I'm so excited about Ron Paul. He is saying exactly the same things I said in '92, and I'm actually going to vote for the first time in ten years.

I'm glad to see that torchbearer is running. I started another thread that says we should have a candidate for congress in every single district in the country. It's relatively easy to get your name on the ballot if you have enough dedicated people behind you. The same people that are organizing at the grass roots for Ron Paul are also a ready-to-go congressional campaign organization, as well. This is a tremendous opportunity that SHOULD NOT be wasted!

So torchbearer, where are you running for congress?

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 01:58 PM
So torchbearer, where are you running for congress?

I'm running in the 5th congressional district of louisiana against super neo-con crook Rodney Alexander. I got crushed by his million dollar special interest warchest in 2006, he flooded ever advertisment venue. i couldn't even get good ad slots on tv. this year, i'm starting way ahead of him... depending on if i can get some funding right now i was looking to do movie theatre ads... with a ron paul message and frame myself as a "Ron Paul Republican".
Hopefully my campaign will ignite the meet-up groups in the area and also generate more press for ron paul.

winston_blade
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm running in the 5th congressional district of louisiana against super neo-con crook Rodney Alexander. I got crushed by his million dollar special interest warchest in 2006, he flooded ever advertisment venue. i couldn't even get good ad slots on tv. this year, i'm starting way ahead of him... depending on if i can get some funding right now i was looking to do movie theatre ads... with a ron paul message and frame myself as a "Ron Paul Republican".
Hopefully my campaign will ignite the meet-up groups in the area and also generate more press for ron paul.

Good luck with your new campaign, I wish you well. Hopefully you will be the next Ron Paul of the congress.

Joe Knows
07-18-2007, 02:09 PM

I was thinking about doing the same thing here in Florida. Ron Paul is going to need a lot of Congressional support when he is elected. I will probably make a decision closer to the end of the year.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Good luck with your new campaign, I wish you well. Hopefully you will be the next Ron Paul of the congress.

thanks winston! i hope everything i do in my campaign help ron paul get elected, and yes, i'd love to by in the first congress of his administration. :)

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I was thinking about doing the same thing here in Florida. Ron Paul is going to need a lot of Congressional support when he is elected. I will probably make a decision closer to the end of the year.

It would be great to have a whole movement of citizens running for congress in 2008. i've got a few elections under my belt... best advice... don't wait too long to start getting your ducks in a row unless you are perot rich.

Joe Knows
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Here is a little update on GA. from Robert Novak.

House 2007

Georgia-10: This battle between two Republicans proved to be a shocker for Washington observers. Dr. Paul Broun (R), exploiting Georgia Republican voters' disgust with their party establishment, appears to have come out of nowhere to upset former state Sen. Jim Whitehead (R) in the special election runoff to succeed deceased Rep. Charlie Norwood (R-Ga.). The two candidates are separated by about 400 votes, with 1,700 absentee ballots yet to be counted.

Both are strong conservatives, Broun a bit more outspoken. Still, not only did Broun reach out to Democratic voters in his native Athens -- who were fearful that their portion of the district would be ignored by Whitehead -- during the second round, but he also launched a vigorous campaign on Whitehead's turf, the more populous Augusta portion of the district. By all available early accounts, he worked much harder than Whitehead, who had topped the first round of the special election with 44 percent over Broun's 21 percent.

Whitehead's campaign was certain that he had the race in the bag. They made an insufficient effort to turn out the vote in his portion of the district, and they totally wrote off Athens. The Whitehead media plan for the runoff included some television and radio, two mailers and just a few phone calls.

Broun was far more aggressive with mail and phone calls attacking Whitehead for failing to care about the Athens area. So overconfident was Whitehead that he chose not to respond in kind, wishing to remain above the fray.

The race had been Whitehead's to lose, and he looks to have done just that.

Sincerely,

Robert D. Novak

Thom1776
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
OK. First thing, he is a Republican, although he first got elected in 2002 as a Democrat, then changed to Republican in 2004. What was THAT all about? (besides just proving that there ain't a dime's worth of difference between the two!) What did he do before 2002?

Second: Are there any strong Democratic challengers for '08?

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:22 PM
OK. First thing, he is a Republican, although he first got elected in 2002 as a Democrat, then changed to Republican in 2004. What was THAT all about? (besides just proving that there ain't a dime's worth of difference between the two!) What did he do before 2002?

Second: Are there any strong Democratic challengers for '08?

There were no strong democratic challenger last time.. and there are none declared yet for 2008.
He switched parties in a political move... basically, he stayed democrat up to the last day of qualifying to keep any democrat from running because he was a democratic incumbent... then switched over to republican to basically steal the election. a lot of people were pissed because of that...
The only problem I will have running against him is combating his huge ass war chest... I killed him in debates. i've got an old commercial somewhere on youtube, lemme see if i can find it. i actually did the commercial myself, but it came out pretty good.

MGS
07-18-2007, 02:24 PM
RP has started a movement people! We got that Turbolizard(sic) guy too.

ChairmanMao
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Larry Kilgore aswell

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
here is that commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U279mLq-3WQ
the campaign slogan in 2006 was "Just like you" with the theme being, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.

Thom1776
07-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Do you think you'd have a better chance running against him as a Republican in the primary, or as a Democrat in the general?

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
This time my campaign rally slogan will simply be America First.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Do you think you'd have a better chance running against him as a Republican in the primary, or as a Democrat in the general?

I may be able to get some support as a democrat... but I think politically it would make more sense to run as a ron paul republican. also, not as many people vote in the primaries in this state. i think a smaller turn-out favors me, but i could way off on that assumption.

JasonM
07-18-2007, 03:01 PM
What are some of the things involved in running for office?

I just turned 23, so I still have 2-4 years to go before I can actually do this....but I would like to look into the possibility down the road of doing this as well a few years down the road when I am done with collage.

Anything I should be thinking of doing now, like joining the peace core for a couple years or something? I still have 2 years of collage left to do too. Maybe find ways of getting to know Republican insiders by working for groups like Collage Republicans?

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
What are some of the things involved in running for office?

I just turned 23, so I still have 2-4 years to go before I can actually do this....but I would like to look into the possibility down the road of doing this as well a few years down the road when I am done with collage.

Anything I should be thinking of doing now, like joining the peace core for a couple years or something? I still have 2 years of collage left to do too. Maybe find ways of getting to know Republican insiders by working for groups like Collage Republicans?

Helping out other people's campaigns in your area is a great place to start.
Here are the other requirements:

The Constitution establishes the qualifications for members of the House of Representatives and Senate.

A Representative must be 25 years of age
a citizen of the United States for at least seven years
and a legal resident of the state which elects him.

A U.S Senator must be at least 30 years old
a citizen of the US for the past nine years
and a resident of the state which elects him.
The term of a Senator is six years. Members of the House of Representatives are elected every two years. There is no limit on the number of terms a Senator or Representative may serve.

Once elected, a Senator or Representative continues to serve until the expiration of his term, death, or resignation. The Constitution also permits the House to expell any member with a two-thirds vote.

quickmike
07-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I will be running for congress in 2008 on the same platform, anyone want to help? :)

Will you promise a chicken in every pot?

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Will you promise a chicken in every pot?

Hell no!!! Though I am an active musician, i was thinking about going around my district and playing shows featuring the song "You are my sunshine"

quickmike
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Hell no!!! Though I am an active musician, i was thinking about going around my district and playing shows featuring the song "You are my sunshine"

Thats what I wanted to hear:D

good luck man

and pappy o'daniels flour

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Thats what I wanted to hear:D

good luck man

and pappy o'daniels flour

I'll be sure to keep the forum up-to-date. it will be easier to share my info once my website is published.

aknappjr
07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Donated to Paul Broun. Another Dr. Paul who is a constitutionalist? Too odd to be coincidence. Maybe I should change my middle name to Paul.

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Donated to Paul Broun. Another Dr. Paul who is a constitutionalist? Too odd to be coincidence. Maybe I should change my middle name to Paul.

Where did you first hear about Paul Broun?

dicktater
07-19-2007, 02:59 AM
I hope this isn't too boring.

March of 2006, I took my mother (72) to a special screening of America: Freedom To Fascism. She hasn't been the same since.

I convinced my mother to attend a candidates forum several months ago consisting of all of those running, except for Jim Whitehead who skipped out claiming the town was hostile to him already. My mother was very impressed with Paul Broun. She said that saw a lot of Ron Paul in him. She gave him my phone number suggesting to him that we should talk. Amazingly to me, Paul Broun called me the next day and left a message. When we finally connected, we talked for about 90 minutes. Our conversation centered on the philosophy of liberty and how one can, by setting an example and teaching the philosophy of liberty, make a difference with many people. The key is that it really isn't that hard a thing to do if you just do it.

Ron Paul has proved that to be true. Not that he and his staff haven't worked hard. They have worked very hard. But, as Ron Paul says himself, it is those people who have heard his freedom message and have become believers in that message who are driving his campaign into the stratosphere.

Anyway, Dr. Broun and I spoke frequently after that and finally met at a young republicans forum in a small town. There were five republican candidates there. Four of them had the same message we've all heard over and over again. War, war, war, war, they're coming to get us war, war,war,war....ad nauseum. Jim Whitehead rattled off a list of people who endorsed him. They were all politicians and bureaucrats. Then Whitehead rattled off a list of groups that endorsed him. They were all special interest and political action groups. I was impressed (not!).

Dr. Broun had NO special interest group endorsing his campaign. Dr. Broun spoke eloquently of his understanding the lmitations upon federal power and authority imposed by the Constitution. He never stopped talking about the importance of individual liberty and the respect for that liberty we must demand of government, both at the federal and state level.

Here is a Dr. Broun quote of interest taken from The Nation this week:

"I believe in the 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution, which clearly says that all powers not specifically given to the federal government, or prohibited by the Constitution to the states, are reserved to the states and the people," Broun said. "I am not a person who believes that our lives should be controlled by politicians in Washington. I do not believe that the states are merely administrative units of the federal government, to do its bidding."

Dr. Broun, a family practitioner, may be the only medical doctor in the state of Georgia whose practice consists entirely of home visitation. He is not tethered to an office. His patients wait for his services in the comfort of their own home, rather than wait for the typical cattle call of a modern doctor's office.

Here is Dr. Broun's Four-way test for legislation:

As your Congressman, I will apply a four-way test to all legislation:
1. Is it constitutional and a proper function of government?
2. Is it morally correct?
3. Is it something that we really need?
4. Is it something that we can afford?

Dr. Broun IS a constitutionalist. That really works for me. He is a devout Christian. I admire and respect his spirituality, as I would anyone else, regardless of their faith. And, I think that we all need some type of moral compass.

By his having a home-visitation medical practice, I believe that he understatnds the difference between want and need.

By traveling and working everywhere in the community, I believe he has a better understanding of what we can afford. Certainly, he has a better understanding of the fiscal realities of most Americans than do the multi-millionaire career lawyer-politicians who rarely stray from their offices, mini-mansions, and country clubs.

Dr. Broun intends to continue his medical practice and create four offices for staff in our district to ensure close contact with his constituents. We'll see if this can realistically be done. I hope so.

Dr. Broun was requested to go to Washington today to prepare for his swearing in ceremony. The Georgia Secretary of State will not certify the election until Friday, when all absentee ballots are to have been counted.

Believe me when I say that those in Washington and Atlanta have heard the message tapped out in the sound of the footsteps of voters leaving the precincts of Georgia's 10th Congressional District this past Tuesday. And, it scared the beejeezus out of them. They are frightened and we need to keep them that way.

I am very proud of the people in my district who stood up because they are fed up.

See you in Greenville, South Carolina Saturday, July, 21st for the Ron Paul Rally! The Ron Paul Revolution is rockin' the south.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 03:08 AM

You have to be 25, right? :( I wish I could run, but I'm too young. I'd help if you I were near you!! Which party?

The big difference is that THIS PAUL is pro-war!

conner_condor
07-19-2007, 03:36 AM

Good Luck to you.. This country needs more Americans in charge of all branches of offices and not politicians. The way this country was built to run from the start.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 03:42 AM
There were no strong democratic challenger last time.. and there are none declared yet for 2008.
He switched parties in a political move... basically, he stayed democrat up to the last day of qualifying to keep any democrat from running because he was a democratic incumbent... then switched over to republican to basically steal the election. a lot of people were pissed because of that...
The only problem I will have running against him is combating his huge ass war chest... I killed him in debates. i've got an old commercial somewhere on youtube, lemme see if i can find it. i actually did the commercial myself, but it came out pretty good.

he he so you are running for the Libertarian Party? I live in a heavily Democratic area, so I will run for the Democratic Party, but I will still retain my purist Libertarian views :D

How old do you have to be to run for Congress?

This Paul Braun guy is DEFINITELY not a Libertarian, he is pro-war and is PROBABLY anti-drugs.. not my kind of guy!

JasonM
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
then lets educate him!! let Ron Paul have a talk with him. lol

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I hope this is the first "battle" won for the Ron Paul Revolution.

Things like this is what I mean by getting involved in your local party structure. Granted Broun probably isn't against the war or against the war on drugs, he's a constitutionalist, which is a thousand times better than what we usually get.

We're seeing people from this message board get inspired to run for Congress in 2008. I'd do it too, if I wasn't represented by a pretty decent Congresswoman.

Get involved. Take our Party back to Reagan, or even better, Goldwater. The GOP IS a party of small, consititutional government and individual liberty. It's up to us to dethrone the neo-cons who have stolen the Republican Party from it's members.

DjLoTi
07-19-2007, 09:28 AM
There's another guy in Northern California that is running on the same platform as RP. I don't know his name off hand, but he did a video and you can see it on RonPaulmeetupvideos.com

Joe - think you could go easy on the huge, bright red text? It's tough to read.. lol

johnrocks
07-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Count me in!! Rodney Alexander (Mitt Romney endorser) is a porker in the truest sense. I live in West Monroe so "let's get ready to ruuuumble!!:D

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Count me in!! Rodney Alexander (Mitt Romney endorser) is a porker in the truest sense. I live in West Monroe so "let's get ready to ruuuumble!!:D

I sent you a private message.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 10:32 AM
You have to be 25 by the time you take office to run for U.S. Representative.
I'm not 100% sure which party I will run under. Strategically speaking, I think I have the best chance to win as a ROn Paul Republican. But if Ron goes for the LP nomination later on, I will run as a Libertarian.

I'm looking for volunteers and donations... whoever can help out in anyway please PM me so we can keep it off the board.... out of respect for Josh.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
There's another guy in Northern California that is running on the same platform as RP. I don't know his name off hand, but he did a video and you can see it on RonPaulmeetupvideos.com

Joe - think you could go easy on the huge, bright red text? It's tough to read.. lol

Maybe we should get a database of people running in 2008 that are Ron Paul types, that way everyone on the board can find their 'ron paul' and get active with their campaign locally. what ya think?

kimosabi
07-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm glad to see that torchbearer is running. I started another thread that says we should have a candidate for congress in every single district in the country. It's relatively easy to get your name on the ballot if you have enough dedicated people behind you. The same people that are organizing at the grass roots for Ron Paul are also a ready-to-go congressional campaign organization, as well. This is a tremendous opportunity that SHOULD NOT be wasted!

Good work guys, my signature says it all.

The Ron Paul Movement now has some serious momentum, and now is the time for all those highly motivated Ron Paul supporters to step up to the plate and take the power centres back from the corrupt, psychopaths that are in power at the moment.

Check out http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/ for some good info on taking back the Power Centres of society.

MozoVote
07-19-2007, 10:38 AM
It may not cost that much to just file for office. Even as paper opposition candidates, it would be very embarrasing to see the party hacks getting only 60% of the vote in "safe" primaries.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Advice. Take this for what it's worth from a former LP Congressional candidate.

RUN AS A REPUBLICAN.

1. You won't be as marginalized. The press won't blow you off as a lunatic. The party will invite you to talk to members at meetings, etc. You'll get at least 20% in a primary, and party leadership will like to talk with you.

2. You will get support from people within the GOP. This will not always happen with the Libertarian party. If you happen to be less than a "purist" libertarian, there are people within than small organization that will attack you, badly.

3. You will have an easier time raising money.

4. You can't win as a Libertarian.

In my race, I ran against an incumbent uber-lib Democrat in an area where he really can't be beaten and a 26 year old Republican with no name recognition. I actually had more from running in a town commissioner's race the year before. Anyway, there was an unscientific poll out that had me at 13%, and the Republican at like 20%. The GOP "got scared" and gave the kid a bunch of money a week before the election, and hit ME rather than the Dem.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Advice. Take this for what it's worth from a former LP Congressional candidate.

RUN AS A REPUBLICAN.

1. You won't be as marginalized. The press won't blow you off as a lunatic. The party will invite you to talk to members at meetings, etc. You'll get at least 20% in a primary, and party leadership will like to talk with you.

2. You will get support from people within the GOP. This will not always happen with the Libertarian party. If you happen to be less than a "purist" libertarian, there are people within than small organization that will attack you, badly.

3. You will have an easier time raising money.

4. You can't win as a Libertarian.

In my race, I ran against an incumbent uber-lib Democrat in an area where he really can't be beaten and a 26 year old Republican with no name recognition. I actually had more from running in a town commissioner's race the year before. Anyway, there was an unscientific poll out that had me at 13%, and the Republican at like 20%. The GOP "got scared" and gave the kid a bunch of money a week before the election, and hit ME rather than the Dem.

I've ran twice as a libertarian, once in 2003, once in 2006.
in 2003 i received 19% of the vote, in 2006 i recieved 2%. I will most likely run republican and challenge alexander, one on one in the primary.

Texan4Life
07-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Maybe we should get a database of people running in 2008 that are Ron Paul types, that way everyone on the board can find their 'ron paul' and get active with their campaign locally. what ya think?

Good idea IMO.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
what would be the best way to start this database? databases aren't really my forte.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm an Access guru, but that's not exactly Web 2.0 stuff.

I could set up a database, then give it to someone more web-savvy.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm sure we have some web gurus on this site, they just haven't read these post yet.

Bradley in DC
07-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm sure we have some web gurus on this site, they just haven't read these post yet.

Start a new thread

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 12:13 PM
what would be an appropriate name for a new thread featuring Ron Paul similar people running for congress? I'm having a hard time wording that so people know what is inside.
also, what sub-forum should it be in?

ChairmanMao
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Freedom across America?
Ron Pauls across America?
Taking our country back?

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
ok, i started a thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7993

it will be a place for us to list info about ron paul - like candidates.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to try and run for both the DP & LP! If I don't win the nomination of the Democratic Party, just hop in on behalf of the Libertarian Party!

I was going to run for state legislature here in NJ, the LP was sponsoring me, but I guess the organization fell apart or something... Third parties are so weak. I'm more socially liberal than Ron Paul.

Joe Knows
07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Here is an update on the race from Human Events. (I just cancelled my subscription because they did a Presidential Guide and did not include Ron Paul. )

Shocker in Georgia’s 10th Congressional District
by Jeff Emanuel

Posted: 07/20/2007 Print This
Forward
Feedback
Digg This!
Subscribe
Sponsored By:

Georgia’s 10th Congressional District was turned upside down this week, as a 9-to-1 frontrunner -- and conventional wisdom -- fell victim to the less-predictable-than-originally-thought voting public. For more click on

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21602