PDA

View Full Version : Official "How did Ron do?" poll

slantedview
01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
How did Ron do? Rate him 1 through 10.

hotbrownsauce
01-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Should have made a poll, to many ga'damn threads. Well, dealing with what he was dealt, I give an 8.5

hillertexas
01-05-2008, 08:07 PM
create a poll in this thread...it would be way easier.

But I say a "10" ( 10 being awesome performance)

slantedview
01-05-2008, 08:08 PM
i'll give him a 9, for the opportunities he had. i think he did VERY well particularly when compared to the others. just my opinion.

slantedview
Should have made a poll, to many ga'damn threads. Well, dealing with what he was dealt, I give an 8.5

i'll give him a 9, for the opportunities he had. i think he did VERY well. just my opinion.
it is a poll. it just wasn't finalized yet :)

Dorfsmith
It was bumpy at the start but I give it a solid beautiful 8

Aldanga
01-05-2008, 08:09 PM

RP 247
slow start. good finish.

LibertiORDeth
needs to be more authoritative.

0zzy
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
needs to be more authoritative.

Like Rudy?

Greenskin
I wish he would've talked more.

I was so fucking tired of hearing Romney and McCain argue like 5th graders.

scbissler
Beautiful how he waited his turn on the trillion dollar war vs healthcare question and then nailed it - we CAN'T afford a trillion dollar war and the money should be spent HERE!

Driftar
I'd give Ron an 8 in the debate, and also an 8 to his hot granddaughters.

oriolesfan
I think the points he made were solid, but he certainly didn't have a great, "presidential" appearance. Looked a bit hesitant and/or tired. Someone I was watching with remarked on this.

unloud

DeepBlu
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
7. He should have been more assertive with the foreign policy questions and wasn't "presidential" early on.

scbissler
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I wish he would've talked more.

I was so fucking tired of hearing Romney and McCain argue like 5th graders.

But I'm sure that everyone was also tired of hearing them go at it. Win points by staying above the fray.

hotbrownsauce
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
it is a poll. it just wasn't finalized yet :)

OOPS =)

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM
He started slow and then ended the show with a major helping of liberty slap to all the other candidates.

Greenskin
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM
But I'm sure that everyone was also tired of hearing them go at it. Win points by staying above the fray.

Name recognition is huge in my opinion, so even though they were annoying as hell, people also remember them.

kutibah
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM
8....he could have gotten a 10 in my opinion had he stood his ground more on Terror, but nonetheless excellent performance!

wildflower
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I gave him an 8. He had a couple excellent answers, and he definitely came across as the most honest and decent person on that stage. But on a couple answers, he could've said more, and used some of the ammo he has. (like on the health care question he could've brought up that he's a doctor) I think I missed a couple questions (like the oil one) because of my internet connection.

The other guys looked like arrogant ***** and I'm hoping their laughing will backfire on them, come voting time.

kushaze
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
He got a lot of time in this debate. It would have been impossible for anyone to get ones view across when 5 idiots are attacking you (I gave him an 8, but would have gave him a 10 if he pulled it off).

shane2
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Gave him a 9, understanding there's always room for improvement, and I'm absolutely thrilled at his performance, he nailed them all as the pandering flip flopper politicians that they are, the others are all just arguing about tinkering with the status quo and Paul rises above all of them with a totally different Constitutional approach altogether!

BTW, a 9 for Paul is exceptionally high here when you figure all the rest averaged well below 5!!

- Shane

Peace&Freedom
01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Paul's performance has to be judged by the environment he's usually in (imagine if you could have kept your composure and lucidity versus the five warbots, under time constraints, and being passed over until the end on most questions). Given his grace-under-fire demeanor upheld throughout the debate, I'd give him a 9.

slantedview
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Paul's performance has to be judged by the environment he's usually in (imagine if you could have kept your composure and lucidity versus the five warbots, under time constraints, and being passed over until the end on most questions). Given his grace-under-fire demeanor upheld throughout the debate, I'd give him a 9.

exactly, which is why i gave him the 9. took a lot of composure to keep his head about him and knock a few out of the park like he did.

hazek
01-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Bump, I want to see more votes on this poll.

nc4rp
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
considering how they piled on attacking him from the get go, he did quite well against some of the biggest big dogs. +10

freelance
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I think that he and Huckabee took the smart route. They let the others clobber each other. Romney was a bully. Guliani looked and acted like a thug and McCain and Fred were their natural selves--vomitous!

ritalouise
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
So I gave him a 4. Here is why:

He wasn't clear - he should have listed specific examples of times that we have meddled in the Middle East.

He kept coming back to the war once the move went to domestic policy. He has excellent points on DOMESTIC Policy. He should have mentioned his desire to end birthright citizenship. He could have talked more about healthcare.

He needs to frame his discussions on monetary policy in terms of taxes on the poor and middle class. Folks don't want to understand the fed. It is okay if they are too busy putting food on the table that they don't research Austrian economics.

We need to quit patting ourselves on the back that our candidate is so smart that so few people understand him. Or that he is so revolutionary that conservatives don't like him. He won't win without the Republican Party. He is a conservative, at least what conservatives used to be, and he needs to talk like one. He needs to talk about the constitution more than Huckabee and Thompson. Pretending that he did awesome is not going to help him. He has to win over the same folks who believed Bush.

I am all for his platform, I would like for him to talk about all of it, and emphasize the ones conservatives can agree on. He is not running for president right now, he is running to be the Republican candidate. He has to win it to run as president.

cortiz
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Only weak point is when he allowed Mitt to talk over him at the start of the program...

Danny Molina
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I just wished he would have cut off Romney and put him in his place.

Itzsoez
01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
gooliani is a time whore!

MooCowzRock
01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow, watching the highlights, I think Ron Paul did brilliantly all throughout! The only reason he "seemed" to do poorly during the foreign policy area was because the main thing they could do to discredit his absolutely true point was to laugh and talk all at once and fucking snort through the microphone! I think people in New Hampshire, and average independants saw the complete disrespect between most of these candidates, and it will show in the primary...McCain and Thompson lost a lot of ground with their total lack of honor and respect...

tamor
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
10 in New Hampshire - will need to adjust to the audiences of other states -- voters may be looking more for a strong leader, not so much an independent -- aggression seems to be against Dr. Pauls personality so it is hard for him

RSLudlum
01-05-2008, 10:35 PM
don't know, haven't seen it, i was out puttin up banners, handing out flyers/slimjims, talking to people and attended a 1 year old's birthday party :D

....waitin' for some online action ;)

Granat
01-05-2008, 11:01 PM
It absolutely stuns me that 90% of the people on here gave Ron at least a 7. I thought Ron was framed to look like a complete idiot. TROLL! 0mGarlic, there is a TROLL POSTING!!! No, I'm not trolling. All of the other candidates made Ron look terrible by laughing, interrupting, and putting down his ideas. Then, to my amazement, Ron didn't raise hell and refute these statements; others such as Romney did when they were attacked.

He also didn't think (for the most part) of good comebacks. EXAMPLE: The other candidates were crucifying Ron for his statements about the US being involved with other countries. Giuliani even brought up Bhutto. Ron should have came back and said what she thought of the US's involvement in Pakistan, and how she thinks we are driving Al Qaeda.

I'm tired of talking about it already, tonight is depressing...

Somebody_Else
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
My mother is a long-time republican and always votes in the primaries (Oklahoma), and she's just starting to really read up on the candidates. I've only had a chance to talk to her about Dr. Paul once or twice (shame on me :(). We watched the debate together tonight.

She didn't like it when they were bashing on Romney, but she also said she got the impression Romney talks too much and seems to change positions. She got angry at Thompson for mocking Dr. Paul. She noticed Huckabee's gaff (quoting the Declaration of Independence as the Constitution), and she didn't think he added much to the debate.

She said she really liked Ron Paul and thought he 'won' the debate. She liked how he directly answered the questions and never attacked anyone.

I think this bodes well. :) I personally thought it was a very strong performance on Dr. Paul's part. I gave him a 9.

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
His weakest question was the first, on foreign policy. He could have answered the criticisms from Rudy and others more persuasively.

On every other question, he hit a home run. On the last question, on the rising price of oil, he hit a game-winning, start the fireworks, touch 'em all, walk-off, grand slam.

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 11:42 PM
It absolutely stuns me that 90% of the people on here gave Ron at least a 7.

I'm surprised anyone gave him lower than an 8. It was one of his best performances so far.