PDA

View Full Version : Genius move of RP speaking of Obama

mrchubbs
01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
I think Ron Paul made a subtle genius move in saying that even some of Obama's supporters are now supporting him. It reaches out to the NH independents and puts a little thought in their head... hey maybe I really should vote for Ron Paul. Especially those who are worried about increasing welfare spending.

I wish he used the time he had to talk about Social Security in detail in that answer. That is where he really differs with Obama that should resonate with NH voters.

Just some thoughts.

stefans
01-05-2008, 08:07 PM
indeed. I was a bit worried when he was praising him because a lot of Reps already think he should run as a democrat because of the war. but he brought it around perfectly :)

CountryRoads
That was one of his best moments as was his talk on oil prices.

hummtide
yeah that was a clever move!

RPSignbomb
Good catch - said the same thing to my wife. Those who enjoy both candidates might cross over to Dr. Paul if they think Obama is going to win NH.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, Ron scored big time on the Obama question! :)

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
RP aced that question. He hit all the right points and send out a message.

Joe3113
indeed. I was a bit worried when he was praising him because a lot of Reps already think he should run as a democrat because of the war. but he brought it around perfectly :)

I thought this too....you gotta remember the Democrat turnouts have been huge.....Ron is better going for the people who were voting for Obama

TNFreedom
Homerun. I was scared at first but it came out great in the end when he closed by emphasizing the many policy differences.

Scott Wilson
I was worried that the commentator would say, "moving along" before Ron finished. Hehe

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Yea, Ron Paul turned it around to work out well for him.

Jenna!
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I think Ron Paul made a subtle genius move in saying that even some of Obama's supporters are now supporting him. It reaches out to the NH independents and puts a little thought in their head... hey maybe I really should vote for Ron Paul. Especially those who are worried about increasing welfare spending.

I wish he used the time he had to talk about Social Security in detail in that answer. That is where he really differs with Obama that should resonate with NH voters.

Just some thoughts.

Yeah that was perfect! Essentialy JOB IS DONE!

Jobarra
01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Amazing foresight since Obama was just attacked for essentially showing preference for Bush's preemptive attacks. Welcome to the REAL change candidate Obama supporters. Don't be afraid of liberty. It is a most envigorating concept.

2ndAmericanRevolution
01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
I noticed that too, and I completely agree.

Obama is percieved as a "Change" candidate as is Ron Paul. And in this election it will be the YOUTH vote that is Demanding CHANGE in our nations politics.

I mean, can you imagine a young informed American supporting Guiliani? or Hillary? or Rommel? The Youth in this country are Largely Anti-Empire, and Anti-Establishment. And they will participate in this election more than any other in history.

Therefore, Ron Paul needs to emphasize that he is a Change candidate AND more importantly, he is the ONLY ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT candidate.

Thus, If the Young people in America really want to stop this war, and really want Change, then Ron Paul is their man because Obama is really the Estabilshment in Disguise.

Calvin
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM

I thought his take on the constitution was the best moment of the debate. It brought applause, and applause was prohibited.

phoenixrising
01-05-2008, 08:14 PM
what i liked was when they said: "anyone want to comment?" ..RP's hand shot into the aire!! :)

phoenixrising
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought his take on the constitution was the best moment of the debate. It brought applause, and applause was prohibited.
i missed the first 1/2 of the streaming video...everyone keeps talking about the first half...watching the clock for 2 more hrs to broadcat time here! i'm excited to see the applause part tee-hee-hee :)

kutibah
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
what i liked was when they said: "anyone want to comment?" ..RP's hand shot into the aire!! :)

ya that was awesome haha. i would have done it for him in my seat at home had he not :P

jdmetz
01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
This was genius not just for NH, but especially for MI. Our primary is a week after NH, and Obama's name isn't on the ballot. I just hope some democrats and independents were watching the Republican debate.

Dorfsmith
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
This was genius not just for NH, but especially for MI. Our primary is a week after NH, and Obama's name isn't on the ballot. I just hope some democrats and independents were watching the Republican debate.

Is MI an open primary for independents?

SimpleName
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Genius is the perfect way to sum up that little speech he gave. Trying to steal a few of those Obama supporters while letting the independents know he is the moderate (although very conservative...lol) candidate in the bunch.

jdmetz
01-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Is MI an open primary for independents?
MI is semi-open, meaning everyone chooses a Dem or Republican ballot when they get to the primary - we don't register with the parties, so Democrats are welcome to take Republican ballots.