PDA

View Full Version : My letter to the editor

Sematary
07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
The main stream media has, over the years, become a tremendous tool for the two major political parties in the United States. The main stream media determine who the front runners are based on money raised and name recognition. What they don't do is tell the electorate about the candidates that aren't being put in the forefront by their respective parties.
For instance, Ron Paul, now the Republican candidate with the third most money available in his "war chest" and the winner of several debates according to the online polls hosted by the media hosting the debates, has been mostly ignored by the main stream media.
The question is why? We know that amongst Republicans, his stance on the Iraq war is unpopular, but that shouldn't stop the media from giving him the same courtesy that they give the other candidates.
Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate in the Republican field who voted against the war in Iraq and continues to speak out against it. He is the only candidate who, for his entire career in Congress, has faithfully stood by his oath to defend the constitution and does so not only with words but wiht his actions when he votes.
It is time that the main stream media began to give this man of principle his due and mentioned him amongst the top tier candidates, as his donations and his poll results demand.

Now, to see if it will get printed.

surf
07-18-2007, 11:34 AM
great letter. i've posted this before, but my experience shows that if you can throw in a good quote or two from Dr. Paul to back up your points, it is more likely to get printed. i've had several printed over the years, and it is amazing how often i quote Dr. Paul.
your paper may be different, but this works in Seattle.
Hope it is printed.
my .02

Sematary
07-18-2007, 11:47 AM
great letter. i've posted this before, but my experience shows that if you can throw in a good quote or two from Dr. Paul to back up your points, it is more likely to get printed. i've had several printed over the years, and it is amazing how often i quote Dr. Paul.
your paper may be different, but this works in Seattle.
Hope it is printed.
my .02

If this one doesn't get printed I'll try that in my next letter

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
You make good points. I hope you didn't send in that exact text though since there are spelling errors.