PDA

View Full Version : Advice please, for WV

HillbillyDan
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
West Virginia has it's caucus on Super Tuesday. Right now, our delegates
are being decided by the individual counties. Mitt Romney leads the committed delegates with 191 followed by Ron Paul at 177, Fred Thompson 157, Mike Huckabee 126, Rudy Giuliani 89, John McCain 25, Duncan Hunter 7, and Alan Keyes 5. A total of 589 delegates are listed as “uncommitted.”

I am new to the election process. As of now friends in Philipi, Morgantown, and
Fairmont and planning to put boots on the ground from Monday on, to canvass.
The problem is, 18 of our votes come from this caucus, and only 9 from the
general primary held in May. How do we influence the 589 uncommitted votes?
Also, any tips you could offer on canvassing would be greatly appreciated.

We can do this!:D

thisisgiparti
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Study up on Iowa. There were tons of shenanigans, and that was Iowa. You know the WV GOP is dirty!

Cooperate with NHQ, but don't even trust them completely. Make sure you are organized and keep in touch with the forums. I know there's a lot of excitement, but if there's an emergency and you need help, the supporters will respond more quickly than the official campaign. (Tell me I'm wrong.)

ALL VITAL INFO should be backed up with a hard copy. Guard it with your lives. The donor lists were stolen in Iowa. They are extremely valuable, and what happened there was shocking.

Iowa was a worst case scenario, even though we picked up two delegates and turned out 10,000 voters (of a potential 30,000.) That was okay but not great. WV is very important, and I hope you guys can kick off February 5 with a bang.

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Email me at

webmaster [at] spirit76.org

I'll bring you up to speed.