PDA

View Full Version : Just posted this on a sports board.

Noodles
07-18-2007, 08:51 AM
These guys have been giving me hell about Ron Paul being fringe. So, this morning I posted this:

52.53%of contributions from the armed forces to 1 candidate! Edit | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guessed it! Ron Paul has received 52.53% of all campagin contributions from families in the military thus far.
I guess that means our troops don't support our troops.

Learn more about the Ron Paul Revolution:
ronpaulforums.com
ronpaul2008.com
dailypaul.com

Check it out yourself. The numbers are available at the FEC website.

AMack
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Sports board? Interesting. Hey, getting Ron Paul's message out to anyone other than the web-savvy crowd that already knows about him is a good thing.

Noodles
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm a member there, and posted on the "Current events" forum.

purepaloma
07-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Go back and fix it if you can,

it's 50% of the GOP and 30% of ALL candidates

http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/07/16/military-support-for-the-republican-candidates

Noodles
07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

DjLoTi
07-18-2007, 09:43 AM
http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/07/16/military-support-for-the-republican-candidates

Those numbers are actually incorrect, because it does not include USN (US Navy) which adds $1,000 to the $64 something something ...

Warhawk
07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Sports board? Interesting. Hey, getting Ron Paul's message out to anyone other than the web-savvy crowd that already knows about him is a good thing.

Actually, I run a football board myself, and the majority of the people who post in the political section are Paul supporters. It's actually where I first heard about him. And now a bunch of us have started a blog (check my sig for that).

I also talk about him on another football board, which has more neoconservatives, but a few guys there support Dr. Paul.

Noodles
07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
@Warhawk: Would it happen to be a Rivals board?

Thanks for supporting Ron Paul.

remaxjon
07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
I post about Dr Paul on hailredskins.com which is the best Redskins board I've found but the people there have all but written him off as fringe and say he has no shot despite my portest.

OceanMachine7
07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I post about Dr Paul on hailredskins.com which is the best Redskins board I've found but the people there have all but written him off as fringe and say he has no shot despite my portest.

Yikes, I've heard bad things about that board. I'm a Ravens fan, but I frequent TerpSportsReport.com for most of my sports-related discussion. There's the occasional Ravens/Redskins flaming, but the posters are very knowledgable, on both the sports and non-sports boards.

Noodles
07-18-2007, 10:50 AM
That's exactly what I'm getting. He has no chance. Any ideas on a short but sweet refutation?

ChairmanMao
07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Go with momentum of the campaign and that hes the only chance of a republican getting in the white house

remaxjon
07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Yikes, I've heard bad things about that board. I'm a Ravens fan, but I frequent TerpSportsReport.com for most of my sports-related discussion. There's the occasional Ravens/Redskins flaming, but the posters are very knowledgable, on both the sports and non-sports boards.

no its great and the posters are very respectfull and educated. Great source for info about the draft and your day to day football fix.