PDA

View Full Version : To permanently destroy the GOP Establishment...

nate895
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
every dedicated Ron Paul supporter should participate in the bi-annual caucuses held in most precincts. From there we can change the platform of the party from the bottom up since most people don't know that these happen, we can get our platform and people into the most important party posts, and work from there to make sure that the GOP becomes the truly conservative movement that it was from the 1920s-1960s.

RPFP
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I dont want to destroy the GOP. I am a republican. Just because the views of the older republicans sway a little towards the left nowadays, is by no means reason to destroy it. It is the duty of me and my generation to transform the GOP back to the conservative values, not destroy it.

nate895
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I dont want to destroy the GOP. I am a republican. Just because the views of the older republicans sway a little towards the left nowadays, is by no means reason to destroy it. It is the duty of me and my generation to transform the GOP back to the conservative values, not destroy it.

That's what I meant, sorry if that confused anyone.

cindy25
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
the party must be saved but the establishment must be destroyed. it has to become again the party of Taft and Goldwater. let the neo-cons and bible thumpers start their own party.

nate895
01-05-2008, 11:04 PM
the party must be saved but the establishment must be destroyed. it has to become again the party of Taft and Goldwater. let the neo-cons and bible thumpers start their own party.

I'm a bible thumper here, neo-con no.

HOLLYWOOD
01-05-2008, 11:12 PM
It's as Corrupt as inside the Washington Beltway of all 3 branches of government.

The Campaign Staff should of prepared for the caucuses a year ago. And Continually followed- up with all until the official Caucuses.

This would ensured a fair chance at winning and would of also given a POLITICAL Temperature at each and every precinct/area and where work/focus resources are needed. Especially when Special Interest and PAC groups visit town. ie. AFSCME

nate895
01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
It's as Corrupt as inside the Washington Beltway of all 3 branches of government.

The Campaign Staff should of prepared for the caucuses a year ago. And Continually followed- up with all until the official Caucuses.

This would ensured a fair chance at winning and would of also given a POLITICAL Temperature at each and every precinct/area and where work/focus resources are needed. Especially when Special Interest and PAC groups visit town. ie. AFSCME

+1

I wasn't referring to the Iowa Caucuses, I'm referring held in virtually every state, from what I can tell, every even numbered year, from there we can take hold of the party.

ssdded
01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
every dedicated Ron Paul supporter should participate in the bi-annual caucuses held in most precincts. From there we can change the platform of the party from the bottom up since most people don't know that these happen, we can get our platform and people into the most important party posts, and work from there to make sure that the GOP becomes the truly conservative movement that it was from the 1920s-1960s.

How's this for an idea? Introduce the 1952 Republican Party platform at such a caucus with a minimum of necessary changes to make it relevant to the modern day and see what happens.

Granted, that wouldn't be a perfect solution even if it worked, but it's a hell of a start.