PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should try not to make everything about foreign policy

Naraku
01-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Honestly, he should try to deal with each issue by itself and not spend so much time talking about foreign policy. People need to realize he is by all means a Republican and a conservative and his position on the war is the only thing that is substantially different from the professed views of the others, except he will keep his word.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Agreed, it does irk me that he is always quick to come back to Foreign Policy.

stefans
I think it's good. you need to hear the issue from 10 different angles and why it's so important to convert from "kick those islamifascists" to being sane.

Mental Dribble
yea i was hoping he would bring up that he was a doctor and the HMOs have warped the system...

angelatc
I agree. The economy is the biggest issue IMHO right now. We all know it is inter-related, but he needs to slow down a little when going from point A to point B.

tomveil

Well, it fishtails into everything else. When I explain his policies to other people, I always start with foreign policy and then how it affects all the other things.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Agree, and he also needs to tell people he's a doctor that's delievered over 4,000 babies anytime anyone even thinks about bringing up healthcare.

kg0
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Honestly, he should try to deal with each issue by itself and not spend so much time talking about foreign policy.

Agreed.

idiom
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
'Show me the money!'

Thats why it all comes back to foreign policy. But yeah, "I know about healthcare.. I iz a Doktor"

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM

The foreign policy is the reason we are going broke....he aint gonna win over pro-war zombies anyway

knappz
People are stupid, he has got to almost pound it into people to counter act all the BS from faux and the rest of MSM pundits.

Ron Paul Fan
Ron Paul should do whatever he wants to do. I don't want to run his life.

Naraku
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Constructive criticism should always be welcomed.

Unspun
01-05-2008, 07:11 PM
It's kind of hard to talk about the economy or personal liberties without talking about the war and vise versa.

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Honestly, he should try to deal with each issue by itself and not spend so much time talking about foreign policy. People need to realize he is by all means a Republican and a conservative and his position on the war is the only thing that is substantially different from the professed views of the others, except he will keep his word.

You're not getting it.
We are spending BILLIONS on the Iraq war and TRILLIONS on defense. EVERY issue comes back to this policy, because if we do not talk about it, there's no reason to talk about anything else.

I applaud Ron for using it in all his answers.

Richandler
01-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Um... in case you guys haven't noticed, everything ties back to Foreign Policy. It's what undoes all empires. All other issues could be solved greatly if we weren't spending billions overseas.

TNFreedom
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM

Right on brother, nail on the head. His foreign policy stuff is some of his strongest stuff but it flies right over the head of the average non informed Republican. He has VERY strong republican positions on every issue and he needs to focus on those when he gets a chance.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
The foreign policy is the reason we are going broke....he aint gonna win over pro-war zombies anyway

It may be our main money drain, but it certainly isn't the only reason.

I would rather see him concentrate on Monetary Policy and WHY borrowing money is an inescapable trap.

TNFreedom
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
You're not getting it.
We are spending BILLIONS on the Iraq war and TRILLIONS on defense. EVERY issue comes back to this policy, because if we do not talk about it, there's no reason to talk about anything else.

I applaud Ron for using it in all his answers.

You're not getting it. This is an election and we are trying to win votes. I agree that it all comes back to foreign policy but you have to get your message out on everything to try to appeal to as many people as possible. Not pander, just deliver your message in a strategic way.

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 07:18 PM
You're not getting it. This is an election and we are trying to win votes. I agree that it all comes back to foreign policy but you have to get your message out on everything to try to appeal to as many people as possible. Not pander, just deliver your message in a strategic way.

Wow, you're being REALLY picky, the point is we can't move forward if we do not address 1) our foreign policy and 2) the federal reserve scam/inflation.

Everything else is meaningless if we don't address these issues.

Hillary=Rudy=Romney=McCain=Obama

This country will be a pit with any of their policies.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Wow, you're being REALLY picky, the point is we can't move forward if we do not address 1) our foreign policy and 2) the federal reserve scam/inflation.

Everything else is meaningless if we don't address these issues.

Hillary=Rudy=Romney=McCain=Obama

This country will be a pit with any of their policies.

There you just said it.

Why don't we hear him spending time explaining the Fed Reserve system.

This system is the reason the war costs a Trillion Dollars.

The FED is a bigger threat than any terrorist group.