PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so Mitt had a point

basevolgal
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I work for a pharma company. Don't attack us. Seriously. I still hate him but I am glad he sees us for what we are. And I am sure Dr Paul does to. For every product that comes to market, there are at least 5 that fail. That's a lot of money on research just wasted. We have to recoup somehow.

neopets
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Who was that women? His hot wife?

tomveil
01-05-2008, 07:02 PM
I work for a pharma company. Don't attack us. Seriously. I still hate him but I am glad he sees us for what we are. And I am sure Dr Paul does to. For every product that comes to market, there are at least 5 that fail. That's a lot of money on research just wasted. We have to recoup somehow.

*nod*

How does limited competition because of governmental restraints help?

Blowback
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I agree with not attacking the Pharms. THe problem is that the government has too much control and when the gov has too much control then your damn right the Pharms are going to be fighting to stay in business/get a competitive advantage. If power was taking away from the gov then you wouldn't have the problem of so many lobbiests and the problems that are associated with it.

I wish Ron had an opportunity to speak to the free markets from his doctor's background on that one.

basevolgal
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Seriously. Just because on anti-histamine works for one person does not mean it is best for everyone. Same in my field- Neurology and Psychiatry. Different people respond to different therapies.
Especially with seizures- there is no one pill for everyone with epilepsy. It's so volatile, patients must be given the exact same pill from the exact same maker (generic or brand) every month or they might have breakthru seizures and lose their driver's license, etc.

Birdlady
No. Pharmaceuticals are to blame. They stress treating symptoms rather than curing!

Most cures don't even involve a drug and THAT is why the pharmaceuticals are to blame. They are charging people thousands of dollars for pills that are doing nothing other than putting a bandaid on a gun shot wound. They are the reason why everyone is so sick. They make drugs that are known to cause cancer, heart attacks or death in their clinical trials on the market by LYING to the FDA. Even if it takes 2 years for it all to come they have made billions of dollars on that ONE drug.

You treat the underlying cause by changing diet, reducing heavy metals exposures in the environment and telling people to take control of their own health.

No pill out there compares with personal responsibility.

slantedview
Mitt said pharma companies are a free market entity.

BULL SHIT. One of the biggest lobbies in the country is "free market"?

basevolgal
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Ok, I can't even respond to birdlady. I mean, I guess some who has epilepsy is just supposed to have shock therapy and hope that works. Nevermind that they can't work or drive if it is known they have seizures. yeah ok that's fair.
Nevermind Novartis' Gleevec which was made to try and CURE chromic myeloidal leukemia and has had GREAT success. Yeah, it's all about the comeback. All about living with it, thats why my mother in law did so well on Cymbalta, she doesnt have to take any antidepressants anymore... WHATEVER

JoBurke
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I was sick - buy medicine - and do not tell me about how cheap you are.

BS

tomveil
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Ok, I can't even respond to birdlady. I mean, I guess some who has epilepsy is just supposed to have shock therapy and hope that works. Nevermind that they can't work or drive if it is known they have seizures. yeah ok that's fair.
Nevermind Novartis' Gleevec which was made to try and CURE chromic myeloidal leukemia and has had GREAT success. Yeah, it's all about the comeback. All about living with it, thats why my mother in law did so well on Cymbalta, she doesnt have to take any antidepressants anymore... WHATEVER

Long as we can get our ED pills ;)

basevolgal
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
no one ever said it was cheap. I guess we don't deserve to be paid for the research and development unless a drug actually gets past the FDA. I guess I should work for free???

basevolgal
01-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Long as we can get our ED pills ;)

Ha haha! I could never sell an ED drug!

I do actually think we should not advertise on TV or in print, etc. The DR makes the diagnosis and based on other therapies the patient is on etc, THE DR should add the medication. The patient has no business asking for a pill because they saw it on TV or in a magazine.