PDA

View Full Version : Ron / debate......

BLS
01-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

He's the most intelligent man I've ever heard of in my life.
His answers are dead right on everything, and he is beyond his years in foresight.

He's a wimp, and he allows himself to get pushed around.
He HAS to be more forceful or it's OVER.

Thompson TOTALLY owned him in inuendo alone.

I'm sorry.....I don't want to discourage anyone...I'm just venting.

Flame away if you must. :(

Apparition
01-05-2008, 06:56 PM
to people who are already on Ron Paul's side.... he's owning everybody.
to average stupid American who's listening in.... I think you are right, he's looking weak.
"Keep trying.." isn't going to cut it with a general audience.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
I understand your concerns, and I partly agree. I look at this debate, and then I think of how Ron Paul would have responded 20 years ago. I wish he could be as feisty and bold as he was on the Morton Downey Jr show.

idiom
He needs to be aggressive and pull apart other systems.

llepard
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

His answers are dead right on everything, and he is beyond his years in foresight.

NO, wait and see the results. Ron is winning. Their cheap shots will be seen for what they are.

Have faith. Ron is hitting homers.

JoBurke
I THINK YOU ARE WRONG BUDDY! - thompson looks like he has no clue!

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Ron Paul is doing great!

Anyone that denies he is doing great has some sort of problem.

Yes, he could do BETTER by being a little bolder. But this debate is the best one so far!

pickfair
He does need to be more aggressive to turn the heads of the average person. But for independents who are already looking at him, I think this is going good.

Derek
I disagree. First, what exactly are you expecting from Paul? He's outnumbered five to one and the others wouldn't even let him finish a sentence on foreign policy.

I think objective people see the others' behavior and are turned off by it.

slantedview
huh?

HE KILLED that constitution / principles question.

AlexMerced
americans are looking for change, and they are all showing their establishment colors in this debate

HayekianGuy
01-05-2008, 06:58 PM
i agree, he is bombing. He is just not able to articulate his views in a clear and slow manner. He rambles and he goes on tangents. Should have been better prepared.

dspectre
Ron is getting it done. If people can't see through the facade, then we deserve this mess.

BLS
I think we are all Biased...and fairly so.

If you're average Joe...and you're watching this....Ron is getting kicked around like the family dog nobody wanted.

davidhperry
NO, wait and see the results. Ron is winning. Their cheap shots will be seen for what they are.

Agreed completely. I think he's get some airtime after the debate to delve into these topics as well.

Kilrain
He needs to get MAD and stand up for his views. Don't let the retards push you around, Ron.

nimo
Take off the beer goggles!

EvilNight
He looks polite and respectful, not weak. It also looks like everyone else is attacking him and mocking him. That will work in Ron's favor. The rest will come off as assholes. Ron's also the only one being serious. This election is serious business, not some joking fratboy comedy roast.

OptionsTrader
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

Why do you start emotional threads to vent?

Are you 12?

Nic4Truth
I think they all look like jerks not letting him speak. On facebook people are saying Romney should shut up. They are all like Robots.

jillian
01-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

He's showing America that his ideas are not radical. He is showing America that he will not be brought into their stupid bickering. He is showing America that he is a humble man with a humble policy.

MJfromCT
McCain is bombing, Romney is flubbering, Huckabee is lost and Ron is winning

Tina
No BLS Thompson didn't own him at all. Are you listening?

Ron Paul Fan
The people who think Ron Paul isn't doing well are as clueless as Fred Thompson. Paul is doing great!

ksu_s13
It's tough to be excessively aggressive about an issue when there are five other people that consistently talk over you.

BLS
And DO NOT question my faith to him.

I'm just venting my thoughts...maybe I'm too hard on him.

He's just NOT a good speaker.

basevolgal
See I think the guys being rude and bold and loud is just that- RUDE. Of course, I have manners. They obviously don't. Dr Paul doesn't need to be a bully and laugh at everyone else to try and make them look stupid because he knows he is right and is confident in that. unfortunately, to the average, undereducated american, that may look like weakness.

AlexMerced
huh?

HE KILLED that constitution / principles question.

QFT

traitorist
Ron is not bombing, but i agree he needs to be on the offensive. stop being on the damn defensive all the time. it makes you look weak, even if we know RP is not. we need to capture middle America here!

Jobarra
I really do hope you are right llepard. I think people will see the candidates attacking him which is a good thing, but his responses should be WAY more issue-related instead of trying to talk about monetary policy.

Bilgefisher
01-05-2008, 07:00 PM
I think we are all Biased...and fairly so.

If you're average Joe...and you're watching this....Ron is getting kicked around like the family dog nobody wanted.

I really hope not. He is doing great on the arguments, but is weak on his attacks.

Paulfan05
Yes, hes not being weak hes being polite and calm, we dont want him screaming like howard dean

RonPaulFanInGA
I guess I'm biased, though I have thought Paul has done poorly in a previous debate and said as much, but I really like Paul in this debate. I personally think he's doing great.

TNFreedom
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

He's a wimp? He's sitting on national television defending himself and his opinions that are different from EVERYBODY else while being treated like a total outcast. I would say that is the opposite of wimp. He inspires me with his bravery actually.

Spike
He is not bombing but he needs to speak up and get his word in

Blowback
BLS: I very much respect you but you are assuming that everyone in AMerica is a freaking retard.

People are smarter then you give them credit and I think theya re finally starting to see through all this BS.

Tina
normal people, the people who are NOT neo cons will see it for what it is. NH independents will hear Paul.

BLS
It's tough to be excessively aggressive about an issue when there are five other people that consistently talk over you.

WRONG!!! And that is where everyone else is WRONG about this.

He needs to STAND THE F UP and tell them to shut up.

Period.

0zzy
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
How can you speak over 5 people?

Jennifer
Ron Paul is NOT a whimp! He's something this country needs more of...A GENTLEMEN!

He's not like Mitt who keeps interrupting everyone, or like the others who laugh! He's the ony one up there is that NOT a politician - so he doesn't act like one.

devil21
Remember, its NH residents that are being reached mainly here. In that vein, RP is doing very well because he's hitting the points that he needs to for NH voters. My only regret is that viewership will take a hit because of playoff football games.

beachmaster
He's doing ehhh, so so. He could take them apart if he tried. He was given time uninterrupted to discuss principles and he only used a small amount of time, without being cut off. He cut himself off. He should have continued on, he should have hammered the point home, THE CONSTITUTION IS THE GREATEST PRINCIPLE WE HAVE TO RUN THIS NATION BY, AND I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO WILL DO THAT.... NONE OF YOU OTHER GUYS WILL.

kaberUSA
He shoulda fired back at that innuendo thing thomson did. i'm not sure about you but when i was in economics 101 i wasn't asleep something you seem to be pretty fond of. the american people are waking up and are very angry about why everything they buy is costing more

AlexMerced
01-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Giuliani really dug himself a hole

Mccain is doing a good job of staying out of the crossfire

280Z28
I disagree with the OP. Ron is owning up. I do think he should have mentioned his health care bills that people keep ignoring though.

brumans
WRONG!!! And that is where everyone else is WRONG about this.

He needs to STAND THE F UP and tell them to shut up.

Period.

You want Ron to tell them to shut up? That will go over well.

RonPaulFTFW
I disagree he's coming out looking like an independent.

we learned something in iowa.

you can't buy votes, (romney) and people want the war to end (obama).

Menthol Patch
Ron Paul is doing fantastic! I don't see how you people think he is not!

DeepBlu
I think he looks great for independents. This format allows him to separate himself from the others more so than usual.

2ndAmericanRevolution
01-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't want Ron Paul to stoop to their level. He sets himself apart by sticking to the issues and giving the most intelligent responses to every question.

My impression of this debate is: "There is Ron Paul, and then there is everybody else."

Kilrain
Ron Paul is NOT a whimp! He's something this country needs more of...A GENTLEMEN!

He's not like Mitt who keeps interrupting everyone, or like the others who laugh! He's the ony one up there is that NOT a politician - so he doesn't act like one.

Yes, he IS a gentleman, but that doesn't help when someone is hitting you in the face. He needs to speak up!

spiteface
I've been impressed with Ron in the other debates, even when others thought he didn't do so well, but I agree this is a bomb. Maybe he can turn it around.

At least he made Fred look like an ignoramus.

HayekianGuy
01-05-2008, 07:04 PM
He rambles and he goes off on tangents. He has to present his position in a manner like Fred Thompson, slow and clear. He is going a mile a minute talking about every which thing. It doesnt matter if he is right...he has to present it better.

james1844
Yes. Our candidate is doing well.

RP4Pres2008
I think this thread has one star for a reason...

Ron is running circles around them!

dspectre
I'm sorry guys, but if this country wants people who are just good speakers, we are done.

If RP can't win because he isn't a slick speaker, there is very little hope for us.

I think he is doing great. He sits in the middle and he is the odd man out. Being Unique no matter what the circumstances is always positive.

dspectre
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
He rambles and he goes off on tangents. He has to present his position in a manner like Fred Thompson, slow and clear. He is going a mile a minute talking about every which thing. It doesnt matter if he is right...he has to present it better.

New poster...

Kilrain
01-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Remember: "No! We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!"

He's at his best when he's MAD!

crink
Sadly I completly agree with you. He looks very weak and tired, almost like he didn't get enough sleep. Campaigning is taking it's toll. He is really not doing well bringing every issue back to the war.
His usual sparkle and wit aren't there he just looks tired.
:(

Gimme Some Truth
I'm inclined to agree with the OP, BUT its always the case that during the debates and straight after we always see the negatives.

NYgs23
I wish he'd step up to the mike a bit more. He is a little too mild-mannered.

transistor
i think he's doing well, and i'm usually hard on him

liberTim
Ron Paul is doing great. He's keeping on message. Those who vote on style, not substance, are not going to vote for Ron Paul in any case so it doesn't matter if he's not as slick as the others.

amonasro
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Ron's not going to become a different, outgoing person just because some of you are, or want him to be. He will win because of his message, not in spite of it.

spiteface
At least the others look like complete psychopaths.

slantedview
And DO NOT question my faith to him.

I'm just venting my thoughts...maybe I'm too hard on him.

He's just NOT a good speaker.

i agree he's not a good speaker, but for the most part, he's getting it done. that constitution/principles response was a home run.

colin1
I don't think he's doing well...he's coming across as shrill. I think his staffers have done an awful job at debate preparation. Stick to the good stuff...when charlie was asking about principles, he should have talked about never voting for a tax increase, never voting for an unbalanced budget. When they talk about the war why doesn't he bring up that he's right and more military and vets contribute to him because he's right. Sorry had to vent. Everyone else is coming across much more polished and i feel like he's missing great opportunities to highlight the fundamental differences between him and the neocon scum on the stage with him.

BLS
He's a wimp? He's sitting on national television defending himself and his opinions that are different from EVERYBODY else while being treated like a total outcast. I would say that is the opposite of wimp. He inspires me with his bravery actually.

Agreed. Very valid point.

But I guess I think he needs to be more strong and NOT let others interupt him and make fun of him.

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

Are we watching the same debate?
I admit I missed the first 20 minutes of this one.
But the 2 questions that I saw him answer, I truly felt he NAILED.
Did he bomb the first one? If so I still think you are wrong, he did NOT bomb the whole debate.

neopets
01-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Ron needs to get his message out by being more aggressive.

jeff_from_VA
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Ron Paul has the best idea, but is unable to sell it.

he needs to sound of like he has a pair, and not let himself get pushed around.

ronpvoter
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Where do we vote when the debate is done?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Ron's not going to become a different, outgoing person just because some of you are, or want him to be. He will win because of his message, not in spite of it.

Your kidding right? Have you seen interviews of Ron Paul from 20 years ago? He was bold and very clear/concise then. He's definitely more mild-mannered now, than he used to be. But I do understand he is now 73 years old.

ord33
The thing that pisses me off the most is the other candidates snickering and laughing, and scoffing at the things he says. That is really getting under my skin. Dr. Paul is doing decent, but I agree with others, more aggressive (without raising voice and pointing) would be a good thing.

Huckabee and Romney when talking are so scripted sounding. Which I personally do not like, but a lot of the public probably equate it to being intelligent and a good speaker. I personally prefer Dr. Paul's off the cuff style and Thompson's style isnt so bad either (very concise, simple, and easy to understand).

0zzy
you guys make me depressed.

Bold As Love
01-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Ron Paul is doing great.

I personally doubt that the average American is even watching this on a Saturday night in January. Of course the average American is very unlikely to vote in their state's primary as well, I suppose.

The demographic that is likely tuning in tonight is probably well-versed enough to understand what Dr. Paul is saying tonight.

Man, Thompson has no clue about the counterfeiting effect of the Fed? None of the others could speak up on that?

trey4sports
this is his most aggresive debate yet. i love it

the healthcare segment was a homerun and so was the constitution segment

Hawkwing
The thing that pisses me off the most is the other candidates snickering and laughing, and scoffing at the things he says. That is really getting under my skin. Dr. Paul is doing decent, but I agree with others, more aggressive (without raising voice and pointing) would be a good thing.

That might backfire thought.

thoughtbombing

QFT.

Ron Paul is winning... WHY DO WE KEEP PROPPING UP THEIR DICTATORS?

BLS
01-05-2008, 07:12 PM
You want Ron to tell them to shut up? That will go over well.

I meant it metaphorically.

Not literally.

I'm always hard on Ron. He sounds SO different from everyone else, and that's GOOD. that's what turned me onto him.

But there are SO many moron voters out there, that I think he's coming across as weak, and no Republican who isn't already a RP supporter is going to listen to somebody weak.

Maybe I'm dead wrong.

devil21
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
QFT.

Ron Paul is winning... WHY DO WE KEEP PROPPING UP THEIR DICTATORS?

Unfortunately, a good percentage of the country is plain ignorant on those matters. They have an ingrained "us vs. them" mentality.

Buzz
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't think he's doing well...he's coming across as shrill. I think his staffers have done an awful job at debate preparation. Stick to the good stuff...when charlie was asking about principles, he should have talked about never voting for a tax increase, never voting for an unbalanced budget. When they talk about the war why doesn't he bring up that he's right and more military and vets contribute to him because he's right. Sorry had to vent. Everyone else is coming across much more polished and i feel like he's missing great opportunities to highlight the fundamental differences between him and the neocon scum on the stage with him.

It's true, he could be doing a lot better. He has more ammo than anyone there and hopefully he starts using is soon.

Bold As Love
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=ord33;831966]
Huckabee and Romney when talking are so scripted sounding. /QUOTE]

I agree. Was just thinking that the rest of them seem extremely coached.

Naraku
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I think Paul is doing better than he has before.

thoughtbombing
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I meant it metaphorically.

Not literally.

I'm always hard on Ron. He sounds SO different from everyone else, and that's GOOD. that's what turned me onto him.

But there are SO many moron voters out there, that I think he's coming across as weak, and no Republican who isn't already a RP supporter is going to listen to somebody weak.

Maybe I'm dead wrong.

There are morons everywhere... except New Hampshire... that is probably one of the smartest states on the planet, save Pennsylvania in 1776!

RPSignbomb
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry.

I love Ron Paul.

I agree... tough to watch this one.

You wanna run for President? Take out the boxing gloves!!!

Bold As Love
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Lets go here....

IMMIGRATION IS A MAJOR ISSUE ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ECONOMY STINKS!!!

Aldanga
01-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I think Thompson has done extremely well. Maybe not with Independents, but he sounds very good and is very funny. McCain and Romney look like morons right now. Giuliani is referencing Reagan every three sentences. Huckabee isn't talking very much and sounds like he's copying everybody else when he does.

Paul sounds random often. However, with all the bickering among the other Republicans, he looks very good; and Thompson fits this same mold. They both are very gentleman-like, except for the little skirmish between them; and even that wasn't horribly impolite.

RPSignbomb
01-05-2008, 07:19 PM
I think Thompson has done extremely well. Maybe not with Independents, but he sounds very good and is very funny. McCain and Romney look like morons right now. Giuliani is referencing Reagan every three sentences. Huckabee isn't talking very much and sounds like he's copying everybody else when he does.

Paul sounds random often. However, with all the bickering among the other Republicans, he looks very good; and Thompson fits this same mold. They both are very gentleman-like, except for the little skirmish between them; and even that wasn't horribly impolite.

Agree

thoughtbombing
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM

So you're for Thompson... welcome to our site... enjoy your stay and try and learn something about the Constitution while you're here.

sergeant_x
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
He HAS to be more forceful or it's OVER ...

No flame, but I think you're misunderstanding a key element of who Ron Paul is and what he stands for. I'm sure you've heard him saying how people have to be ready for the message. Part of being 'ready' is being able to see through the retarded demagoguery. If the voters can't see through it, they're not in a position to understand the principles anyway.

When you think about it, it's almost a prerequisite. I'd bet almost all of us turned to someone like Ron Paul, not because of his eloquent speaking style and charm, but because we first smelled the stench coming off the 'general consensus'. So, Ron Paul could be a better stand up comedian and needs better timing and 'manly' presence. The people who are swayed by such tired nonsense aren't really going to get it anyway.

Aldanga
01-05-2008, 07:30 PM
So you're for Thompson... welcome to our site... enjoy your stay and try and learn something about the Constitution while you're here.

That kind of a statement is how you turn off normal folks from the Revolution.

I have to say that's ignorant. I am not a Thompson fan. I used to be but am no longer. I am making an open and fair assessment.

Tina
01-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Paul just kicked ass on the oil question. He is getting better with every question.

VoluntaryMan
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
So what? He's being attacked. Everybody piles on the front-runner. The fact that they're attacking him means that they're threatened by him. This isn't the schoolyard, and Paul isn't the "weak" kid being picked on by the schoolyard bullies. Dr. Paul is an accomplished, brilliant, brave man, a man who is making supreme sacrifices for his fellow countrymen, sacrifices that most of us are unwilling or unable to make. He isn't in this for profit or glory. He is in doing this out of a sense of duty. He is confronting evil, corrupt men, and attempting to block them from a seat of power and control over others. His opponents attack him because he poses a unique threat to them. That they attack him is a badge of honor: it means he is succeeding. It means they see him as the man to beat. It elevates his national stature, it does not detract from it. His responses are appropriate and measured. What do you want him to do, whip out a Glock, and pop a cap in their collective @$$es?