PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul snubbed again... fire up the phone lines and email brigade!

jcbraithwaite7
07-18-2007, 06:54 AM
I just got this email:

The NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) has mailed (snail mail) a Presidential Preference Poll out. Ron Paul is not included.

This poll includes Gilmore (dropped out), Fred Thompson (hasn't announced), Newt Gingrich (hasn't announced), Chuck Hagel (hasn't announced), John McCain (less money on hand than Ron Paul), Brownback, Tommy Thompson, and Duncan Hunter (these last 3 combined have raised less than Dr. Paul).

Disagreeing with Ron Paul is one thing -- banning him is quite another.

PLEASE TAKE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS IMMEDIATELY.

"When calling and emailing, ask why they excluded Dr. Paul, while including people who are not running. Then ask them to mail a new Presidential Preference Poll including him." -Franchi

1) Give the NRSC a call at 202 675-6000

2) Email the current Chairman of NRSC, Nevada Senator John Ensign http://ensign. senate.gov/ forms/email_ form.cfm

3) Call the current Chairman of NRSC, Nevada Senator John Ensign

a) Washington, D.C. 20510 - (202) 224-6244

b) Las Vegas, Nevada 89101 - (702) 388-6605

c) Reno Nevada 89501- (775) 686-5770

d) Carson City, Nevada 89701 - (775) 885-9111

4) Go to the NRSC website and take the Republican Presidential Straw Poll. http://www.nrsc. org/default. aspx

I have already called and emailed. It is easy and fun.

Show them that they cannot leave the next President out of their polls with out hearing from us.

Yours in Freedom and Truth,

Gary Franchi
AFTF / RTR National Director
www.restoretherepublic.com
www.freedomtofascism.com

Tommy Jefferson
07-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Your URL link appears to be bad.

Bradley in DC
07-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Just called. I think they're aware it was a mistake; he was prepared.

The poor guy answering the phone immediately acknowledged my issue, referred me to the web site where he is included and assured me that Dr. Paul was included in the next mailing.

Here's my take: There is often a long lag time between when fundraising letters are written (levels of proofing and approvals), printed, prepared and finally mailed out. I think the current mailing represents what they were thinking weeks ago (not that he shouldn't have been included!).

They're trying to raise money and have to realize by now that Dr. Paul has supporters willing to donate! It's not in their best interest to make this mistake again. That said, making sure they know how we feel is probably not all bad.

Sematary
07-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Don't forget to go to their website and answer the poll question - who is your choice for president?

here are the results as of now:

https://secure.donationreport.com/upload/images/nrsc/survey-results.jpg

Bergie Bergeron
07-18-2007, 09:38 AM
bump

jj111
07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Should we continue to email and call them to show our numbers?

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Should we continue to email and call them to show our numbers?

if you feel compelled to do so... then do so. :)

Syren123
07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
You're right. That was fun.

jj111
07-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I called. NRSC said they had no answers to the question, and they had no information as to whether a change would be made and whether a new poll would be sent out. I called the Senator's office, and they had no answers either. I suggest people continue with the calls, politely. Please tell me the email address again as I it appeared to me to be a bad link.

jj111
07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Email Senator Ensign:

http://ensign.senate.gov/forms/email_form.cfm

jj111
07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
My email message:

I have been informed that the NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) has mailed (snail mail) a Presidential Preference Poll out. Ron Paul who is running was not included. The poll however did include many people who are not running. Can you please tell me if, and why, Ron Paul was excluded from the Presidential Preference Poll? Was it intentional to ban Ron Paul from this poll, or was it an oversight? If it was intentional, I do not agree with banning bona fide candidates. Will you please correct this situation by mailing out a new Presidential Preference Poll including Ron Paul? I would appreciate this in the name of the democratic process. Could you please kindly reply to my questions? Thank you.