PDA

View Full Version : August 5th Debate

acejoca
07-18-2007, 06:40 AM
On Sunday August 5th at 9 am ABC will be hosting the republican debate in IOWA. I was wondering would anyone be interested in hosting a party at their home for this event. It doesnt suck that it starts so early but I will plan to watch it anyways so. Now I dont mind hosting it at my home but I can seat maybe 5 in my one bedroom apartment. Anyone up for this idea?

Aug 05 Des Moines
ABC Iowa Debate 9 AM.

JS4Pat
07-18-2007, 07:48 AM
On Sunday August 5th at 9 am ABC will be hosting the republican debate in IOWA. I was wondering would anyone be interested in hosting a party at their home for this event. It doesnt suck that it starts so early but I will plan to watch it anyways so. Now I dont mind hosting it at my home but I can seat maybe 5 in my one bedroom apartment. Anyone up for this idea?

Aug 05 Des Moines
ABC Iowa Debate 9 AM.
I was thinking the same thing!

Or

If we can find a bar somewhere in Jax that would show the debate on the big screen with audio we could all meetup to watch it there. I'm sure on a Sunday Night at 9:00pm most places might be willing to do that if we can promise them 40 to 50 people!

Plus as a bonus we would be creating more "Awareness" - heck we might even be able to get a news story out of it)

IDEAS???

acejoca
07-18-2007, 07:50 AM
the debate is at 9 AM though but we could still do it somewhere I am sure.

JS4Pat
07-18-2007, 07:55 AM
the debate is at 9 AM though but we could still do it somewhere I am sure.
Shoot - I missed that. Yeah - someone's home might be better for that. Maybe a Sunday morning debate brunch. :)

However - I think we should consider an event for the next Prime Time debate. See about getting a local Bar to host it and then we could even invite all the Jacksonville Area Republican clubs. Everyone could cheer and boo as appropriate. :)

I think we could pick up some converts when they see the size of our crowd and the amount of enthusiasm.

acejoca
07-18-2007, 08:00 AM
well when we go to Gator dockside we can consider that place again. The only problem is I think most bars dont open until like noon and than on top of that who goes to bars that early in the morning on a Sunday. I mean I personally dont care but as far as people who would see us, I just cant imagine that many. I could be wrong though.

JS4Pat
07-18-2007, 08:15 AM
well when we go to Gator dockside we can consider that place again. The only problem is I think most bars dont open until like noon and than on top of that who goes to bars that early in the morning on a Sunday. I mean I personally dont care but as far as people who would see us, I just cant imagine that many. I could be wrong though.
No - I agree with you on the Sunday Morning one...

I am talking about the next PRIME TIME debate.

acejoca
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
ahh yes than I totally agree. I am sure it wouldnt be a big deal to find a nice bar to host the event.

bernie
07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
some nicer hotels may allow for us in the AM. I usually go to the Wyndam across from Mortons steak house San Marco and watch. Not too crowded, a few big screen hd tv's and a bar. Heck, Sunday they may a have breakfast buffet.

athena0626
07-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Sounds good, I could do that.

They would let us even if we don't have a room at the hotel?

Why the hell is it so early, I wonder...

Henry
07-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Having at my house I live right on golf course (Baymeadows) with a pool in the back. I would need to know in advance how many are coming. Limited seating meaning not on the deck by the pool you might want to bring a folding chair. The space is ample but the chairs are in short supply, unless you'll like to sit in the pool or the hot tub (no heat) and watch it. I have a TV outside by the pool.

Let's begin the conversation here!!

Thanks,
Henry

acejoca
07-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I think we should try and get a tally of how many people will actually be attending since it will be early in the morning. I have just inserted the poll at the top so lets go vote.

bernie
07-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I will be out of town for the weekend.

JS4Pat
07-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Cool. Thanks Henry.

What part of town do you live in?

If you want to make it a morning brunch - some of us could bring stuff.
(bagels, donuts, Bloody Marys etc.)

Henry
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Baymeadows golf corse near Baymeadows and I95.

athena0626
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
I'll be there. We could plan on making signs afterwards if you guys want. It sounds like many people will be around that weekend

Henry
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
If it comes to fruition in so far as the rest of the group (I'm committed), I'll share with all of you the details.

Thanks,
Henry

Henry
07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
I think we should try and get a tally of how many people will actually be attending since it will be early in the morning. I have just inserted the poll at the top so lets go vote.

Does it really matter whether it’s five or fifty? This is a debate on TV not a function at a venue. Worst case if even 2 people showed up and talked, something unique may come out that. Unfortunately no matter how we talk over the net, really that still says to me that is impersonal.

Out of that to say to you human contact is much more potent. We put a face to our convictions.

Thanks,
Henry

JoshLowry
07-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Bump, I wanted to see what kind of response this gets in the main forum so I moved it out of the Jacksonville Forum.

JS4Pat
07-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Bump, I wanted to see what kind of response this gets in the main forum so I moved it out of the Jacksonville Forum.

Josh -

You realize this poll is for a local Jacksonville event. We were seeing what the interest was in getting Jacksonville Ron Paul supporters together at someones house the morning of August 5th to watch the debate.

"Team Building" :)

rg123
07-27-2007, 07:52 AM
This is the debate where they are going to try to take Ron out George S MR. thats not gonna happen is the moderator of the debate

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
9 AM? Sheesh -- I was thinking evening. That's eastern time? This is when the debate airs, right?

JS4Pat
07-27-2007, 09:41 AM
This is the debate where they are going to try to take Ron out George S MR. thats not gonna happen is the moderator of the debate

:confused:

JoshLowry
07-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Josh -

You realize this poll is for a local Jacksonville event. We were seeing what the interest was in getting Jacksonville Ron Paul supporters together at someones house the morning of August 5th to watch the debate.

"Team Building" :)

Copied it back to your forum and deleted the new posts. Sorry bout that!

Henry
08-02-2007, 04:52 AM
During our Monday meeting I left maps directing to my house. If you did not get one, then mapquest 7942 Linkside Dr. When you do that do not go directly to the house. About a 100 yards prior to making a left on Linkside Dr., make a left directly on to the golf course.

I will place a Ron Paul yard sign saying "debate" make the left there to where you will see a flag pole that has a flag picturing a mug of beer (about 8 houses). That's where you will park. Please park left of the cart path, since people use the path to run, bike, hike, etc.

Your welcome to use the pool if you like. The one thing I'm short on is chairs, so if you have a folding chair bring it along it will help.

If you have any further questions please feel free to email me. Your welcome to arrive there as early as 8:00 AM.

Thanks,
Henry

Richie
08-02-2007, 08:27 AM
I live too far away (Maryland). But I'll certainly be watching it!!!