PDA

View Full Version : Update from SC!

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
We have been discussing coordinating newspapers ads with whoever on here if someone will step up. We would like to start state-wide newspaper ads here, and we will do the work of getting the papers contacted and getting the ads in if we have the money and some ads made up.

Also the bigger news......

The people that went to Iowa and/or New Hampshire for Paul are at least as far as a significant number of them are coming to SC from what we have heard!

So we want everyone to know that if anyone wants to come down here we have housing for you!;):D

Everyone should spread the word about this!

And could someone please help me get in touch with someone to get the newspaper ads going? No other political candidates are using papers and we would have an advantage if we take advantage of them!:D

Its going to be tough to win in SC but I am confident we can do it if everyone here gets behind these efforts!

(Also, in case you did not know television ads have started today!)

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 06:09 PM
blimp!

needs to get to SC!

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 06:17 PM
blimp

This is important people, we're talking about the campaign here in SC. We need you to do your part to help us win here.

Can someone please help us coordinate?

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 06:26 PM
bump again......

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 06:43 PM
People SC is important. We need people to promote that we're ready and need volunteers to come down here.

We will be putting a thread up about contact info probably towards the end of the debate, possibly before its over.

We also need someone on here that knows how to setup a grassroots project to help us with a newspaper advertising project on here. We are ready to do the work to get ads in newspapers across SC, but we can't do it without it being promoted on here so that there will be money to pay for it.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Did you contact Vijay about bringing OLFD to South Carolina after the New Hampshire primary?

Yom
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
You're just bumping at the wrong time - the ABC/Facebook Debate is on right now.

Yom
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
bump.

Bilgefisher
01-05-2008, 08:35 PM
We need to focus on NH and SC right now.

crink
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
If you'll give me some emails and phone numbers i will gladly ask the local papers to write articles on Dr.Paul

hellsingfan
01-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes julian look here:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/72e308c69a.jpg

Also come to this forum http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76077&page=6

We'll get it done. The website www.ads4ronpaul.com has launched. Tell us what the costs and promote www.ads4ronpaul.com to get the chip ins. Okay?

And does this ad work, or what are the major issues in SC. We need designers to make more ads. Thanks

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah not only did I send a message to vijay I also gave him my email and phone number, and I messaged an adminstrator to either forward a message from me to his email or give me his email so that I could get in touch with him.

I heard OLFOD is being moved to SC though so maybe the adminstrator forwarded my message, but they didn't say so, or maybe the right decision of moving to SC was just made idk.

Also I will be posting a thread very shortly with contact info for volunteering in SC, and I will try to get some local media numbers and addresses up as well. Calling television news to interview Paul after the debate would be great, and writing letters to editors for news papers would probably be good too I suppose.

We need someone to get a newspaper advertising campaign going though. We can do the actual work, we just need the technical parts of it handled because there isn't anyone here that knows that type of thing really.

unloud
01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Remember to be hitting small local newspapers too. That's how Jefferson Country was won in Iowa for Dr. Paul. They often get ignored by candidates and the ads really spark interest. :-)

rancher89
01-05-2008, 09:42 PM
B double U double M double P

(feel like a cheerleader..)

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
GREEEEAAAAATTTTT NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!!

I can finally CONFIRM MYSELF television ads really are running in SC now!!!!

And they're great too! The best I have seen yet!

Lets win SC now!

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Ron Paul commercials just ran three times in a row, one per each commercial break!

electronicmaji
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
ill do SC calling for you guys!

noztnac
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Big issues in SC-
SC is largely pro life.
SC is one of only a few right to work states.
SC is strongly in favor of state's rights.
SC favors small government, low taxes.
SC is mostly Christian but faith is seen as a private matter.
Character is very important.

South Carolinians should be made aware of the following:
McCain wants troops in Iraq for 100 years and is soft on immigration.
Huckabee changes his message depending on who he is addressing.
Huckabee's son tortured and killed a dog and Mike Huckabee pulled strings to avoid having him arrested.
Romney has flip flopped on abortion.
Giuliani is a cross dresser from New York.
Thompson is a CFR member and has not been strong on the second amendment or abortion despite what he claims.

Ron Paul mentored SC governor Mark Sanford.
Plus people need to be made aware of Ron Paul's strong stance on states rights, small government, and on his strong immigration stance.

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Spread this site around too!

http://www.ads4ronpaul.com/

We need this up as a graphic like NOW lol.

The ads are not SC material though. We're thinking they need to be kept simpler, not flashy, and in SC they do not need to talk about leaving Iraq.

We talked about these ads earlier today:

1. General generic compare and contrast type ad of issues where candidates stand. This could also be made to look to be for Paul, or it could just be made like an objective ad.

2. A general generic ad about Ron Paul. Emphasize him voting against the patriot act, being the taxpayer's best friend and wanting to phase out the IRS, make sure it says phase out not end, support of gun rights, pro-life, delivered 4000 babies, and secure borders.

3. Farm ads-

We're not sure if these would be used or not yet, it depends on where the ads are ran in what areas. If the farming counties have ads ran in their papers we may run a farming ad a little in that, but not much, just a little.

4. Gun rights, pretty self explanatory. Again this depends on the area, and American sovereignity could probably be integrated into this ad as well, and Constitutional law.

So those are the types of ads we're looking to run in papers because of what we think needs to be targeted with the paper ads.

Also think simple when designing them. A picture is cool and stuff, but it doesn't need to be really really flashy like the mail fliers or internet marketing banners and stuff. Just follow the slimjims kind of I guess.

hellsingfan
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Big issues in SC-
SC is largely pro life.
SC is one of only a few right to work states.
SC is strongly in favor of state's rights.
SC favors small government, low taxes.
SC is mostly Christian but faith is seen as a private matter.
Character is very important.

South Carolinians should be made aware of the following:
McCain wants troops in Iraq for 100 years and is soft on immigration.
Huckabee changes his message depending on who he is addressing.
Huckabee's son tortured and killed a dog and Mike Huckabee pulled strings to avoid having him arrested.
Romney has flip flopped on abortion.
Giuliani is a cross dresser from New York.
Thompson is a CFR member and has not been strong on the second amendment or abortion despite what he claims.

Ron Paul mentored SC governor Mark Sanford.
Plus people need to be made aware of Ron Paul's strong stance on states rights, small government, and on his strong immigration stance.

thnx for the gr8 info

RobS
01-05-2008, 10:33 PM
bump.

Kenso
01-05-2008, 10:38 PM
GREEEEAAAAATTTTT NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!!!

I can finally CONFIRM MYSELF television ads really are running in SC now!!!!

And they're great too! The best I have seen yet!

Lets win SC now!

Good news!

Ara825
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I chipped in because I believe this is important.

Your contribution to Local Newspaper Blitz in Primary States has been processed via PayPal:
ChipIn Event Title: Local Newspaper Blitz in Primary States
ChipIn Event Organizer: ads4ronpaul (ads4ronpaul@yahoo.com)
Transaction ID: 08cee4cea9dc923f
Contribution Amount: $25.00
Contribution Date: January 6, 2008 4:34 AM GMT

justinc.1089
01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
I chipped in because I believe this is important.

Your contribution to Local Newspaper Blitz in Primary States has been processed via PayPal:
ChipIn Event Title: Local Newspaper Blitz in Primary States
ChipIn Event Organizer: ads4ronpaul (ads4ronpaul@yahoo.com)
Transaction ID: 08cee4cea9dc923f
Contribution Amount: $25.00
Contribution Date: January 6, 2008 4:34 AM GMT

YES!!! Yay! Thank you lol! You should be proud to be the first donor. We won't fail you I promise! I'm going to be working on this project like non-stop tomorrow.

Going door-to-door is great but if newspaper ads won us our only county in Iowa we should use that! I hope that is what won it if we get this going good, and I'm going to try my hardest to get everything done. Contacting the papers and getting the ads in will be easy though.:)

hellsingfan
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
could you provide the ad size if possible, then I start on the points you've mentioned.

hellsingfan
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Here you go I've created a not to flashy ad, give me feedbacks. I've tried to cover all your points.

Here's the link: http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/cf13123c00.jpg

I'll pm you this as well.

justinc.1089
01-06-2008, 12:05 AM
That ad is great! I really think that will be the generic one we will run the most. We might not run other kinds of ads, I guess when we finalize the details tomorrow we will choose. I would suggest taking out the part about the draft if its not much trouble though.

But for me thats exactly the kind of ad I was thinking of.

hellsingfan
01-06-2008, 12:08 AM
ya i'll take out that part, just let me know when you finalize it, it won't even take 1 min to do that lol

hellsingfan
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
let me know when you finalize, then I'll give you the original file so you can get set the resolution you need for the newspapers. Hope this'll get you guys started.

good luck

justinc.1089
01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
let me know when you finalize, then I'll give you the original file so you can get set the resolution you need for the newspapers. Hope this'll get you guys started.

good luck

We will probably get costs, locations, papers, etc., chosen by like 1:00 tomorrow I would think. And I will be on here a good bit tomorrow too so that everyone helping us with this can be in touch with us.

hellsingfan
01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
remember to contact icon124 about the money thing, otherwise you create your own chipin if things don't work out.

peace out, i'll make the changes by that time no worries

justinc.1089
01-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Alright cool. Also another update now is that from what I have heard there will be an after debate (the Thursday debate in SC at the Myrtle Beach convention center) rally at a place in Broadway at the Beach called Liberty Steakhouse. Paul will probably speak there to everyone but that is not confirmed yet to my knowledge, although by now it may be confirmed lol. I haven't been back down to NMB volunteering HQ lol.

(haha that makes it sound cool calling it HQ, well then again since the official people haven't done much, and the coast is more important than anywhere else in SC, maybe it is HQ here? lol)

justinc.1089
01-06-2008, 02:02 PM
bump

wbbgjr
01-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I'll donate to this.

justinc.1089
01-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Great the site is http://www.ads4ronpaul.com/Home_Page.php

wbbgjr
01-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Great the site is http://www.ads4ronpaul.com/Home_Page.php

Justinc: I'm a bit confused.. Who's running the site? I had the impression you were running the site or you know the people running it?