PDA

View Full Version : Converted a NH McCain supporter to Ron Paul

Cowlesy
01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Guys -- In the end it is immaterial because it is one vote, but we'll get one more level pull for Paul.

My friend's argument against Paul was about National Security and Oil. He argued that McCain was the best to fight terrorism, and keep Iran from taking over the entire Middle East, which is why he thinks we're really over there.

I retorted with the fact that Iran has to import at least 50% of its gasoline due to it have an archaic refining infrastructure, that if they ever stopped exporting oil (the country's primary source of revenue), it'd cripple their entire economy which would likely end the country in a regime-change. I also noted that the NIE (National Intelligence Estimate) reported that Iran gave up its nuke program 4 years ago. I then asked the question, "Can you seriously think Iran is going to take over the Middle East?"

After that, I piled on with the fact our economies are intimately tied together. Abu Dhabi recently injected $7.5 billion dollars into Citigroup, not to mention Prince Alwaleed of Saudi Arabia (King Abdullah's nephew) was already the largest shareholder. Even the Chinese Government purchased a $5.0 billion stake in Morgan Stanley, and the Singapore investment arm (Temasek) bought $5.0 billion worth of Merrill Lynch shares. (On a side note, you ALL should be worried about foreigners buying up our financial assets on the cheap...for your own saving's safety). They aren't doing this as charity. They know if U.S. financial institutions fail, they'll lose massive amounts of wealth. They're as scared as us.

The last thing that is going to happen, is these major governments in the Middle East let their giant investments in the United States or held through U.S. interests go to shit because of radical fundamentalists. THEY will institute fascism to control their own before their wealthy elite lose their power. Let THEM take care of the fundamentalists, not U.S. soldiers.

Once I assured him that Iran wasn't going to annex the Arabian Peninsula due to our financial ties and their desperate need for our revenue, he started looking into Ron Paul. I gave him some random links to show the delineation *sp between "neo-conservativism" and "traditional-conservative", and it was like he had an epiphany.

Don't give up guys. One vote at a time.

european
01-05-2008, 05:50 PM
nice one :D

ProfNo
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Great job...one vote is more like two votes. One less for McCain and one more for Ron Paul.

Richandler
01-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Good, now we need a couple thousand more.

SleepingNative
01-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Another great talking point for McCain supporters is this:

On September 19th of last year the Senate voted on an amendment designed solely to restore Habeas Corpus for all those detained by the US. It wasn’t log-rolled into any other measures whatsoever, but represented merely the chance to restore this vital right within our legal system. It required a 3/5 majority in order to pass (which it did not), and of ALL the people who joined in on this treacherous denial of our rights, JOHN MCCAIN – the famous WAR VETERAN – voted “Nay”!

See it for yourself here: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00340#name

And here: http://politics.slashdot.org/politics/07/09/20/1612226.shtml

Funny how none of this made the news, isn’t it?

Instead, what DID make the news THE VERY DAY AFTER was all the hubbub the Congress made - with their totally bogus “for-show” vote - denouncing MoveOn.org’s labelling of General Petrayus as, “General BETRAY-US”! How ironic is THAT?!?!

Spread the word about this despicable travesty if you’re as disgusted by it as I am. People who don’t know any better, who find themselves liking McCain for his “record”, might feel differently about him if they knew this very significant little fact.

Now that I've gotten THAT little thing off my chest... folks let's not forget about which camp still has the highest numbers!

We just launched (yesterday) a grassroots project for Dr. Paul which is specifically designed to convert enormous numbers from the otherwise heavily guarded territory of the "still-wistful-for-Gore" Left (of which I used to count myself as one). There are a lot of talking points, after the spiel about the project itself, which folks can use in their own efforts as well; particularly in regards to overcoming the objections many people on the left still have in regards to Dr. Paul's stance on the environment.

If folks think those talking points will prove useful for themselves, we're asking them to consider helping us make the same message to the entire country, but there's a little reading to do, so I want to encourage folks to just enjoy the thoughts expressed regardless! =)

It's a totally new kind of hybrid media-driven event, for which we've partnered with numerous talents, including Adam Franklin (aka frankdogg), James Gucciardo, and even Depeche Mode has granted us the free use of an incredibly spine-tingling track for our music (valued at $30,000.00 per airing!)!

Thanks to our additional partnership with Yahoo!, via the Give2Network, folks don't even have to spend a dime to actually help us make this project a reality either; thanks to a snazzy little charity searchbar they gave us (if they can't otherwise spare the ten bucks we're actually asking for to make it all a reality).

Please check us out at http://sleepingnatives.org. There's a little reading involved, but not much. If you read the entire site you'll understand how stupendously effective this project could really be for Dr. Paul's campaign. We feel people are forgetting about the gigantic pool of Ron Paul sympathizers from the left who voted for Gore in 2000, but who don't yet understand how Dr. Paul's stance could actually help the environment better than even Gore's! Just imagine the flood of support that would ensue if they got that message loud and clear!

Please help us and spread the word if you like what you see! =)

Yours in Peace,
Philip de Souza
philip@sleepingnatives.org

Adamsa
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The phrase "traditional conservative" almost works by itself.