PDA

View Full Version : Regarding McCain in NH

slantedview
01-05-2008, 05:43 PM
I hate to make a thread about McCain, but I am curious: why does McCain have so much support in NH? Aren't his policies most in line with Bush among everyone in the Republican field and isn't he the biggest defender/supporter of Bush? I thought everyone hated Bush?

I know McCain won in NH (8 years ago?) but things were different back then. Now McCain can be seen for what he is - the next Bush. Given that, how the hell does he have support? Are people still supporting him just because he won last time?

faisal
01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
well, all republicans excluding Ron love Bush. But NH likes Mccain for his integrity and experience. They also know him better from his 2000 campaign.

slantedview
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
well, all republicans excluding Ron love Bush. But NH likes Mccain for his integrity and experience. They also know him better from his 2000 campaign.

i was thinking about independants, since nearly half the state is independant. don't they hate bush, with his terrible approval ratings? why would they support the nearest bush clone?

faisal
01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
i was thinking about independants, since nearly half the state is independant. don't they hate bush, with his terrible approval ratings? why would they support the nearest bush clone?

Nice point. Have no clue lol. But we do know that Ron Paul got the biggest independent vote in Iowa, which was because we wrote 532,000 letters to them. In New Hampshire we only did a couple thousand which scares me.