PDA

View Full Version : New York - GOP purposely filtering Ron Paul voters

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm hearing a lot, and I MEAN A LOT, of people from NY saying they can't vote for Ron in the closed NY primary because deadline was OCT 12 2007!!!! And they didn't even know about Ron at that time.

The GOP is sabotaging us......we need to take advantage of them for as long as possible and then run independent or make a new party. But then there is the problem of getting on the friggen ballot!!!

Man.....this system is really corrupt. The Democrats and Republicans manipulate the government laws to give them a duopoly, then they sabotage their own primaries process so that only certain candidates can win. Independents are and third parties are silenced by the MSM and kept out of the debates.

USA is NOT a republic....it's a F*CKING OLIGARCHY!!!!

Dictatorship = 1 choice
USA = 2 choices

freelance
01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
The only way to beat them is to join them. If we lose the nomination, we need to all show up like normal people and TAKE OVER before they know what has hit them.

MGreen
01-05-2008, 05:40 PM
It wasn't a secret that they closed registration on October 12. If you didn't change parties before then, well, that sucks. But we have no evidence to suggest the NY GOP made that deadline in an effort to shut out Paul.

crink
01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Ya it sucks, I'm from New York and I didn't start supporting until early December. I had no chance to convert any dems.

chiplitfam
01-05-2008, 05:43 PM
The big boys who set these elections up know exactly what they are doing. It is a totally corrupt system always favoring the candidate of the Neocons choice.

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
It wasn't a secret that they closed registration on October 12. If you didn't change parties before then, well, that sucks. But we have no evidence to suggest the NY GOP made that deadline in an effort to shut out Paul.

No. They just did it as an effort to shut out ANYONE whose message might take time to get out because of the MSM black out.

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Ya it sucks, I'm from New York and I didn't start supporting until early December. I had no chance to convert any dems.

So basically there ain't no point in doing any more work in New York. We can't get new voters anyway!!! I guess we could change the minds of the registered republicans. But how many will change from pro-war to anti-war? Not many methinks. But I reckon it would be good if Ron Paul folks in New York still get out there and canvass.

MGreen
01-05-2008, 05:50 PM
If our strategy was simply to flood the polls with new Republicans, we were doomed from the start. We'll still need, and can still get, old time Republicans.

Cowlesy
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Curlz --- I hear ya man. I am an Assistant Organizer for the NYC Meetup Group, but to be honest, we knew about the October 12th Deadline way back in July/August and were beating that drum to all our members as much as we could. It sucks we couldn't reach most people in time, but I promise we did all we could. And just FYI that rule about October 12th has been around since 2005 (I know this because I have all the ridiculous rules the NY State Republican Party has).

Get out an canvass with us. It's fun!--and will probably help Ron more in the long-run than anything else.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/50/

crink
01-05-2008, 05:53 PM
So basically there ain't no point in doing any more work in New York. We can't get new voters anyway!!! I guess we could change the minds of the registered republicans. But how many will change from pro-war to anti-war? Not many methinks. But I reckon it would be good if Ron Paul folks in New York still get out there and canvass.

Even many of the republicans here are anti-war but since we see the worst of the liberal party (nyc is liberal capital of the world) they just hate liberals more than conservatives. If Dr.Paul could appeal to the liberal leaning conservative in the city he has a great chance in New York.

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Get out an canvass with us. It's fun!--and will probably help Ron more in the long-run than anything else.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/50/

O how I would love to......but I'm Australian. Maybe I'll fly over. Door-to-Door canvassing may work better on people if they hear an Australian accent. :D:D

Richandler
01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Simply put if the most populated state, California, has not closed it primary deadline neither should any Super Tuesday state. But we live in a world of exclusion politics.

me3
01-05-2008, 06:10 PM
The obligation on the NY supporters then is to sell it to established GOP voters in NY.

A different kind of challenge, but doable because every conversion is taking one voter away from another candidate.

fj45lvr
01-05-2008, 06:32 PM

BS you whiney chicken little.....the GOP will vote for Paul because he is the ONLY true CONSERVATIVE running.....

the rest of the GOP field are BIG SPENDERS......if you let the GOP people the HIM and HIS RECORD they will embrace PAUL...they just don't know that right now.

You be the Media.

Jwaksman
01-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah, we knew about this rule. I barely got my registration in on time (I had been registered as an independent). It doesn't really matter too much, because we're not winning New York. I think Rudy will get New York which, along with New Jersey, will probably be the only places he does win.

New York's winner-take-all and early registration rules are both unconstitutional. I expect this will get challenged in court.

Terry82
01-05-2008, 08:55 PM
New York's winner-take-all and early registration rules are both unconstitutional.

LOL? And you base this on what exactly?

gerryb
01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
People not previously registered to vote in NY can still register and vote in the primary.

The deadline is January 11th to register new voters.

Cinci4RP
01-05-2008, 09:16 PM

The deadline used to be in december.

This is why I degistered Republican in 2004 after being an Independant.