PDA

View Full Version : Spreading like STD's !

purepaloma
07-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Okay, so maybe not the best analogy...but it seems like the message is really getting out.

Just a few weeks ago I sent out a "Intro to RP" email to my contact list. Today I got a call from one of my friends in Portland Oregon. He is PUMPED about Ron now and his entire family and many of his friends are on board now as well. He said his ENTIRE neighborhood is heating up and there is MORE than 1 Paul yard sign on every street !!!

Keep it up, & continue to respectfully inform others. The message is taking root and spreading !!

JasonM
07-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Now that's "viral" advertising ain't it. :D

ok bad joke.

Seriously, what was the email text you sent?

I'd like to try that and see where it goes.

It's a fantastic idea really. Just blast your entire contacts list with this thing, and then ask people who like this guy to forward the message to all THEIR contacts if they want to save the country or some such like that.

Chain mail for Ron Paul. I like the sound of that. :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Okay, so maybe not the best analogy...

Now that's "viral" advertising ain't it. :D

ok bad joke.

got a laugh out of me...

Seriously, what was the email text you sent?

I'd like to try that and see where it goes.

It's a fantastic idea really. Just blast your entire contacts list with this thing, and then ask people who like this guy to forward the message to all THEIR contacts if they want to save the country or some such like that.

Chain mail for Ron Paul. I like the sound of that. :D.

Except for the fact that it resembles "spamming", and can easily get manipulated; I think it a great idea. An outlined msg with personal touches would do wonders...

my$00.02

$10 from 230 is quite a bit more valuable than $2300 from 1, go figure...

www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

:)

purepaloma
07-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Here is a copy of what I wrote and I've sent it out to different batches of my friends at different times.

http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=293

JasonM
07-18-2007, 02:19 AM
"spamming" is when you send out millions of emails to people who do not have you on their email list. Chain letters are not spamming because everyone on your list has given you permission to email them whatever you like because they know you somehow.

but I guess that "technicality" wouldn't stop some of your friends from thinking you're spamming them anyways.

But I mean, worst case scenario is that they will just delete the email without forwarding it, and by then it's too late since then they will see the name Ron Paul and the seed will be planted.

JasonM
07-18-2007, 02:20 AM
Here is a copy of what I wrote and I've sent it out to different batches of my friends at different times.

http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=293

cool. Thanks

DJ RP
07-18-2007, 02:27 AM
I also recommend that when sending emails to your whole list you use the 'BCC' field instead of 'CC' BCC for anybody who doesn't know stands for 'Blind Carbon Copy' and means that the people receiving the email won't know you've sent it to lots of people which will make it seem more personal and secondly less like spam, especially to people who might be on your contact list but you don't know so well etc.

Great idea by the way. Converting friends and family is how grassroots takes off. This is a great way to get the message out!

Roxi
07-18-2007, 02:32 AM
very good

ronpaulhawaii
07-18-2007, 02:51 AM
"spamming" is when you send out millions of emails to people who do not have you on their email list. Chain letters are not spamming because everyone on your list has given you permission to email them whatever you like because they know you somehow.

but I guess that "technicality" wouldn't stop some of your friends from thinking you're spamming them anyways.

But I mean, worst case scenario is that they will just delete the email without forwarding it, and by then it's too late since then they will see the name Ron Paul and the seed will be planted.

I love the idea, and was only referring to, what i'll call, the dangers of boilerplate.

I firmly believe that a personal touch will bring stronger supporters...

KUTGW

m