PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Grassroots Television Commercials

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Admins - Please give this some view time before bumping down to the state forum. Can we get a Win Michigan forum?

There have been no television advertisements in Michigan to date, and it seems likely that there will not be any forthcoming prior to the 1/15 primaries. We, the grassroots, can change that ourselves. If you have not seen the Jeremiah Black ads, please visit the link below to review them. I suspect Ad #3 would be the best candidate in Michigan, but that is just my opinion.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

We can win Michigan, we have a perfect storm here. We can reinforce the boots on the ground with a strong television push right before the primaries.

Thank you for your consideration.

Disclosure - No I am not related to the operationbroadcastfreedom project or the official Ron Paul campaign.

anewvoice
01-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Update - The minimum needed is $5,000. All we need to get ANY coverage (1 zone) in Michigan is 5k!

Melissa
01-06-2008, 08:55 AM
My group is going to Michigan today to canvass leaving in a few going to try and help and win this state

anewvoice
01-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Just released that HQ is doing an 8 state ad push, and Michigan is excluded. If Michigan wants television, grassroots is the only option.

dawnbt
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Just released that HQ is doing an 8 state ad push, and Michigan is excluded. If Michigan wants television, grassroots is the only option.

Why on earth would they exclude MI?

anewvoice
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Help us get a strong showing in MI. We need only $3,400 more to get any TV coverage. Nobody else is running ads here. We can grab some last minute voters!!

Jeremy
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Please donate to air time =)

I don't get why people are donating for production cost if we can't even air these!

Freedom Lover
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
The last time I looked into air time for the Detriot area, we needed a two week notice before airing the spots (with spotrunner). Do you have this set up with someone?
The guys at Operation NH are experienced and will help you out if you call them.
http://www.operationnh.com/

Get this moving before you get all the money, post all the details, it will encourage people to donate!

anewvoice
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I just pm'd the main guy on this to confirm timing!

Badger Paul
01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
If you can't get into Detroit, find smaller stations in the UP and the North along with Grand Rapids that will be cheaper to advertise in.

westmich4paul
01-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Why wouldn't nationalhave let us know sooner they wouldn't be doing this? We could have had commercials all over the place if we would have known. I am really starting to question the people who are running the show.

liberty_Forever
01-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Yes, we need to question ppl running the show. But grassroots is the only option.

I'm going to donate $1k if we can confirm we can air the ads.

markderidder
01-08-2008, 06:59 AM
The fact that absolutely no tv ads for Ron Paul aired in Michigan is disgusting and inexcusable. All RP needs in this state needs is more name recognition.

-Mark

anewvoice
01-08-2008, 07:08 AM
I found another guy that seems in the know and PMd him as well.

On a good note, the gun organizations in MI already know about Ron Paul so there is some inherent name recognition already. But yes, we've covered the landscape in Ron Paul. Everyone that drives a freeway has seen his name.

Now let's reinforce the message with some damned tv!

LibertyEagle
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Hang on folks. The guys from Operation Broadcast Freedom know what they are doing.

I have PM'd them too and if they don't come over here soon to address your questions, I will call one of them on the phone. Let's give them time to wake up though. Ok? :)

scandinaviany3
01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
If you all want to donate for MI PM me.

You should still be able to donate on google.

Else i asked our webmaster to put up a new chipin for the rest of the day.

I need to finalize the buy asap. He will be emailing the donors to vote on the useage location given the limited funds. The more there is the better it would be for a strong buy.