PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Supporter News Wire (RPS News Service)

agaiziunas
01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
;)How about starting to release our OWN press releases (i.e. through the PressWire service).

It costs about $200 (100 pounds) per press release for US publications, or $400 (200 pounds) for the wire services.

I do not have the tech skills to set up a website and start gathering donations or any of that, I am sure someone out there is capable though. $200 a pop isn't bad, say if we wanted to send out a release such as "McCain OK's Iraq war for 100 more years" (and then reference the town hall & video captured of him taking that position a few days ago). I'll pay/donate for the first 2 releases, how's that?

We could then poll/vote on which stories to release, although I think if it were successful we'd have enough cash to release a whole bunch of press..

---------
Releases are sent out to news desks by email, personally addressed to each recipient, at national and international newspapers and magazines, television & radio and the wires, including: Reuters, Associated Press, Agence France-Presse and the BBC.

We also publish releases on our own network of news sites, where they are picked up by Google News, Yahoo! News and MSN News, as well as global news aggregators.
---------

blackwrx
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
How about just a News Wire for us? Just to send to all the RP & RP supporting blogs/sites out there?

I can easily set that up.

Bryan
01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Some are even free:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45790

I think this is a great idea. The key however is good content. If there is a good opportunity for a release post about it, get a draft complete and seek funding if needed and worthy.

beachbum721
01-05-2008, 04:36 PM
At first it could just be for us. As time goes on and the content gets better, maybe we could offer it up for the general media to use?