PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign BOMBARDING WV Delegates w/Mailers

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9849/mailersfn3.jpg

National Defense - "Hunting down Osama bin Laden & taking him out IS JOB #1"

The Economy - "Home Foreclosures up, energy costs up, value of a dollar down, but there is hope for America..."

The US-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement -- "Heading soon to Mexico City - your Social Security Dollars!"

Federal Spending - "Only one man has had the courage, conviction, and common sense to say 'no' to the Washington tax-and-spend crowd."

Immigration - "Ron Paul's Six-Point Plan will put an end to immigration nonsense."

2008 Presidential Election Republican Voter's Guide - "Compare the Candidates, Compare the Issues, Cast Your Vote"

A big fold-out mailer with the same stuff that's in the 12-page bio booklet available in the campaign store

me3
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
'76, I don't know if anyone has said so lately, but thanks a lot for all of your hard work in WV.

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
'76, I don't know if anyone has said so lately, but thanks a lot for all of your hard work in WV.

Just trying to do my part... Thanks, though. :)

Lord Xar
01-05-2008, 03:57 PM

wait.. you are in WV? Did you help with this?
I am glad to see the illegal immigrant issue being addressed...

How effective do you think these will be?

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Dean, these came directly from HQ and went to everyone who registered to be a delegate. They came in spaced out over a week or so, to keep him fresh in everyone's mind.

As for their effectiveness, my dad got them and he said he was "very impressed", as he often evaluates candidates based on their organization and effort in reaching out.

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 04:13 PM
They've also finally sent us a State Coordinator who is dealing with a lot of the paperwork and GOTV efforts.

kushaze
01-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Good news.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Things are looking up. I just read a thread about Michigan getting bombarded with RP mailers also... This is good.

me3
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
wait.. you are in WV? Did you help with this?
No, and no. Just sharing the love and appreciation. :)

Lord Xar
01-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Dean, these came directly from HQ and went to everyone who registered to be a delegate. They came in spaced out over a week or so, to keep him fresh in everyone's mind.

As for their effectiveness, my dad got them and he said he was "very impressed", as he often evaluates candidates based on their organization and effort in reaching out.

oh, I am confused. Why only the delegates? Why not the voters? If we can't sway voters, why would delegates matter to such an extent?...

I am confused... I thought the whole state was canvassed.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 04:20 PM
oh, I am confused. Why only the delegates? Why not the voters? If we can't sway voters, why would delegates matter to such an extent?...

From what I understand, WV has a weird closed primary system.

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM

Because only the delegates get to vote, ultimately. It's a new process using a state convention for the first time. The goal is to sway to majority of the delegates, who still remain undecided.

arbnranger
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Spirit...Great Work back in my home state.!!
Always remember

West Virginia Motto- "Montani semper liberi" - Mountaineers are always free!

Paulitical Correctness
01-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Juan Doe?

HAHAHA!

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
West Virginia Motto- "Montani semper liberi" - Mountaineers are always free!

Yes!