PDA

View Full Version : DOWNLOAD: Editable precinct-specific handout to give to your neighbors

Mahkato
01-05-2008, 03:42 PM
People will respond much more favorably if you give them something that applies locally.

I made this for that purpose. It's a 3-column 8.5" x 11" Microsoft Word document which you can download, edit, print, and photocopy in the quantity you need for your precinct. Download .doc file (http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/wiki/images/a/aa/Precinctspecific3columns.doc)

Here is the text of the document as it appears for my precinct:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Ron Paul 2008 Hope for America logo ]
RonPaul2008.com
Mankato supporters: ronpaul.meetup.com/1145

Ron Paul isn’t your typical presidential candidate.

They talk soundbites, he talks sound policy. His consistent, principled leadership in Congress and his unwavering message of freedom has earned him incredible support from Americans in all walks of life and across the political spectrum.
Congressman Ron Paul has:

never voted to raise taxes
never voted for an unbalanced budget
never voted to raise congressional pay
not participated in the lucrative congressional pension program
never taken a government-paid junket
never taken money from special interest groups and lobbyists
never voted to increase the power of the executive branch
never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership

He voted against:

hundreds of bills which increase the size and power of the federal government and ignore the Constitution
the “Patriot” Act, which treats everyone as guilty until proven innocent
the undeclared offensive war against Iraq and other countries which is creating new terrorists every day and bankrupting our nation.

[ Ron Paul photo ] Ron Paul has been named the “Taxpayer’s Best Friend” ten years in a row. As president, he will bring our bloated and wasteful government back to what the Founding Fathers intended. He will restore strength and value to our dollar by stopping runaway spending and inflation.

Ron Paul has raised more money in a single day (over $6 million) than any other politician in U.S. history and is leading candidates in both parties for fourth-quarter fundraising. He has received more donations from military personnel than any other candidate.

Learn more about Ron Paul at RonPaul2008.com

Minnesota caucuses are February 5 at 7 p.m.
Your voting location is: Mankato East High School, 2600 Hoffman Rd.

daniroyer
01-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice! Thanks for this.

MN Patriot
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks, I ordered slim jims from the campaign, but they probably won't get here until march.

HillbillyDan
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank You

Mahkato
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Bump

Mahkato
01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Bump

Sey.Naci
01-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Shouldn't there be a 'not authorized by official campaign' or 'produced by RP supporters and not authorized by ...' on it somewhere?

Excellent idea and well put together, BTW.

luaPnoR
01-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Good Idea! I'll tell Jon. He's my husband. :) He's out in the snow handing them out door to door in our neighborhood as I type this! On the next batch he makes I think it would be good to say it's not official and it was made by RP's supporters. Thanks.:)

Mahkato
01-07-2008, 08:26 AM
I updated it to include my email address and local phone number, and made some other minor modifications to improve the flow of the text. (The updated version can be found at the link in my original post or here (http://www.ronpaulgateway.com/wiki/images/a/aa/Precinctspecific3columns.doc).) Do you think that's enough to indicate that it's not official? I really have no room left on the paper to put a line about no campaign authorization unless I remove some of the content.

Mahkato
01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I updated this document to include a line indicating no affiliation with the official campaign.

Distribution tips:

Do not put this or any other material in mailboxes. That's illegal thanks to the U.S. Postal Service's monopoly on first class mail.
If they have a newspaper hook on the bottom of their mailbox (common where mail is hand-delivered) I puncture my flier with it in the space where there is no text.
If there's no place to hang the flier, I roll or fold it and stick it on the door handle or somewhere near the mailbox.
If there's nowhere decent to put it, I try opening the storm door and putting it in there.
If the door is locked, I tape it to the door with a roll of scotch tape I keep in my pocket. Paper clips might also be useful.

If rain is in the forecast, you might want to roll and rubber band all of your fliers the night before and put them in a sandwich baggie. This will also speed up distribution since you can just drop it on the front step instead of trying to figure out where to put it.

Colored paper is very helpful since it will help people see it. Sometimes people do not use their front door at all so they won't see it from a distance

Mahkato
01-08-2008, 08:20 AM
While you're waiting for the NH results to come in, you may as well start printing these off! :)

Mahkato
01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Bump.

hotbrownsauce
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
this is what precinct captains are for! Go to ronpaul2008.com and register to be a precinct captain.
I can't tell you about it because it has a non-disclosure policy.

Mahkato
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
this is what precinct captains are for! Go to ronpaul2008.com and register to be a precinct captain.
I can't tell you about it because it has a non-disclosure policy.

The non-disclosure agreement means that you will not use the data they give you for any purpose other than that for which it was intended. It doesn't mean that you can't promote the concept of precinct leadership.

abbiegavie
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Okay, I know this may sound like a stupid question but that is okay. I am asking it anyway. These flyers for distribution, can we just distribute these to anyone or do they have to be in our precinct and can they be at anytime or should it be when we are to do our walk? Please excuse me, I am still learning and I tend to ask a lot of questions :) Thanks