PDA

View Full Version : Should we be stamping dollar bills poll?

Thomas_Paine
07-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Introducing the Self-Inking Ron Paul Stamp
Posted July 17th, 2007 by manystrom

Hey folks, get your self one of these nifty little self inking stamps and start stamping away. Stamp your dollar bills, letters, invoices, receipts, the back of your business cards...and anything else you can think of. Take the viral nature of the internet and bring it out into the physical world.

This is basically an order from one of the generals. Do you think this would be beneficial for the Ron Paul campaign (currently I am undecided about this)

Bradley in DC
07-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Introducing the Self-Inking Ron Paul Stamp
Posted July 17th, 2007 by manystrom

Hey folks, get your self one of these nifty little self inking stamps and start stamping away. Stamp your dollar bills, letters, invoices, receipts, the back of your business cards...and anything else you can think of. Take the viral nature of the internet and bring it out into the physical world.

This is basically an order from one of the generals. Do you think this would be beneficial for the Ron Paul campaign (currently I am undecided about this)

The campaign opposes stamping dollar bills.

winston84
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
The campaign opposes stamping dollar bills.

Can you cite the source of this information?

ronpaulitician
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I change my mind on this on a weekly basis. I have a stamp, and once in a while I'll stamp all the $1 bills in my wallet.

BW4Paul
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Yes, second the request for a citation. I'm undecided on the matter, myself, so I'd really like to know their opinion...

Razmear
07-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm writing the campaign website in the margin of all my bills, and will continue to do so until Ron Paul himself tells me/us to stop.

eb

sunny
07-19-2007, 08:14 AM
once again, i am wondering why if someone has a question that he or she cannot just pick up the phone and call HQ.

i am not saying for every little thing - i'm saying for a question that is valid - in this case it would be good to know if dr. paul approves of using the stamp.

so i am going to call and find out because it appears no one else is...

5 minutes later:

i just spoke with brandon at HQ and he said he could not speak for dr. paul but if it was not "illegal" then he would probably consider it ok. i asked him if he could contact kent snyder and ask him to directly ask dr. paul. he said that he would and would email me - i personally would like to know from the good doctor if he has a problem with it.

so that's as much as i know so far...

ps if you go to daily paul there are some posts on this issue -

thomas-paine - is this you from the midcoast loves ron paul meetup?

Jennifer Reynolds
07-19-2007, 09:23 PM
///

PHenry
07-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Email from the campaign says NO. Please don't. It is illegal, immoral, and sends the wrong message. RP is against vandalism.

Could you post the text of the email in a reply? I write in the margins but don't currently use a stamp. Do you know if they were referring to writing or stamping or both? And 'immoral' seems a little strong, it's not like it's real money after all!

Grace & Peace, Allen

Bradley in DC
07-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Campaign staffer comment to me when I was volunteering in the office.

Bradley in DC
07-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Could you post the text of the email in a reply? I write in the margins but don't currently use a stamp. Do you know if they were referring to writing or stamping or both? And 'immoral' seems a little strong, it's not like it's real money after all!

Grace & Peace, Allen

The comments in the office were very strong against it. It is very much NOT Dr. Paul's approach.

angelatc
07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Bradley's word is good enough for me.