PDA

View Full Version : Some Information Vert Out of Date on Walking List

daniroyer
01-05-2008, 03:37 PM
While glancing through my walking list, I noticed some majorly out of date info on it.

They still had me listed under my maiden name (been married for 4 years and changed my name within 2 months of being married). The strange thing about this is they had the correct address for my husband and he changed his address the same time I changed my name.

They also had an "L" next to my name, which is completly wrong since Ron Paul's stance on abortion is what kept me from going hardcore for him immediately. About the only way I think they got that idea is I wrote to my representitives once about limiting late-term abortion -- and that was 7 years ago!

Just FYI.

mohnd
01-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I have a list from my County here in PA from 2005 from my Borough Council election. I think the list online is older than this one. That being said, I am getting an updated electronic list from the County this week.

Dan

Trassin
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
L by your name is right from what you said above. It only indicates that you feel strongly about that issue, not if you are for or against abortion rights.

stewie3128
01-05-2008, 05:09 PM
They also had an "L" next to my name, which is completly wrong since Ron Paul's stance on abortion is what kept me from going hardcore for him immediately. About the only way I think they got that idea is I wrote to my representitives once about limiting late-term abortion -- and that was 7 years ago!

This list is totally inaccurate, and rather scary at the same time. Just like the Bush administration that concocted it.

derdy
01-05-2008, 05:11 PM
The only thing I'm using the list for are the addresses.

I'm hitting everyone in my precinct.

beachmaster
01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
My list is also very inaccurate. It doesn't have my name and I registered in October! I'm using the accurate list provided by my county election supervisor... it has my name and correct address. It breaks down the party affiliation and even has phone numbers. Hitting the streets I proclaim a WIN FOR RON PAUL!

daniroyer
01-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I did get a list of "super voters" from my local campaign office and I'm sure if I asked nicely enough after I've already talked with the super voters, he'll give me a full current list.

You'd think they'd get a list a bit more current. Someone was telling me that there's a company that will double check the lists and update the names, addresses and phone numbers for you and it isn't horribly expensive.

Everytime I get stuck re-organizing and doublechecking my list info, all I can here is Tim Gunn from Project Runway telling me to "Make it work!"