PDA

View Full Version : Questions........

stown
01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd like to do this. In our neighborhood, more than half of the properties are fenced and gated, including mine. Some have big dogs. You really can't get up to the house to knock on the door.

About the only thing I can see to do with these homes is leave a package of information on the gate, maybe targeted to the information about them in the data base. (Guns, Taxes, etc)

In fact, before we had our yard signs, someone left a Ron Paul business card on our gate. So I guess he just went up and down the streets and left them, it says he is a precinct coordinator. We are in communication with him already.

Also, the date for changing parties has passed (Dec 19th) here in Nevada, so we really need to target registered Republicans. Does the data indicate how they are registered?

Thanks

daniroyer
01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Yes, it does tell you what their party people are registered.

It's a pain when you live in a closed primary state, but it didn't take too long to highlight the registered republicans on the list.

stown
01-05-2008, 04:23 PM
OK we're in.

Using the information to hit Republicans in our Precinct.

Trassin
01-05-2008, 04:46 PM
OK we're in.

Using the information to hit Republicans in our Precinct.

Also, if you can't get to someone's house on foot you can always just call them over the phone. Here's the script we're using in Illinois.

In Illinois we are actually doing all of our initial canvas by phone due to time constraints.

Hello…Is this Mr. Smith?

Hi, Mr. Smith, my name is Scott and I live over on(your street name) here in (city or village name). I am a volunteer supporter of Ron Paul who is running for president in the February 5 Republican primary. We were calling tonight to find out if you are planning on supporting Ron Paul for President?

If "NO", thank them for their time and make the next call.

If "maybe/undecided", ask them what issues are most important to them for this election. Update their record and end the call.

If "YES, I support Ron Paul", ask them if they would like to display a yard sign or if they need bumperstickers or campaign material to hand out to their friends, co-workers or family. Also ask if they would like to get email updates from the campaign and then ask for their email address.

derdy
01-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Also, if you can't get to someone's house on foot you can always just call them over the phone. Here's the script we're using in Illinois.

In Illinois we are actually doing all of our initial canvas by phone due to time constraints.

Where are you getting the numbers from? I thought there was supposed to be a database online to go with the walking list printout? :confused:

electronicmaji
01-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I can't even change precincts anymore

wealeat
01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
If you click on the update form it gives you the phone numbers.

My county is using an anonymous script. Basically asks if they are considering voting in the Republican primary, and if they are ask them who they are planning on voting for.