PDA

View Full Version : Romney declared winner in Wyoming

txrep
01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - Mitt Romney's attention to Wyoming paid off Saturday as he won most of the 12 presidential delegates at stake in the state's Republican county conventions.

The former Massachusetts governor gained the first four delegates and six of the first eight to be selected Saturday. Fred Thompson and California Rep. Duncan Hunter, who both also visited Wyoming, won the other two that had been decided, meaning no other candidate could beat Romney.

acroso
01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Putin wins with 99% of vote!!!

so what..

Unspun
01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018271.html

Wyoming GOP county conventions gave their delegates to Romney, Thompson, McCain, and Hunter. But Ron Paul never stood a chance there.

We shouldn't have expected anything from Wyoming. Most observers didn't understand the rules.

The Wyoming county conventions were NOT open to Republican voters. Eligible delegates consisted of only two groups: Republican party officials who were elected in 2006; and delegates who were appointed (by established precinct organizations) to fill empty delegate seats.

There was little chance for new party activists to participate in this process, only old-timers made the choice.

tpreitzel
01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - Mitt Romney's attention to Wyoming paid off Saturday as he won most of the 12 presidential delegates at stake in the state's Republican county conventions.

The former Massachusetts governor gained the first four delegates and six of the first eight to be selected Saturday. Fred Thompson and California Rep. Duncan Hunter, who both also visited Wyoming, won the other two that had been decided, meaning no other candidate could beat Romney.

Yes, the Romney support is strong unfortunately. In my county, we had just 4 Ron Paul supporters at the precinct caucus in mid December. Today, we had 7.

181 precinct delegates (some abstained from voting) were eligible to vote and the tallies were:

Romney 89
Thompson 37
Hunter 30
Guiliani 12
Paul 7

Many GOP delegates expressed support for Ron Paul, but the same old line that he will never get the GOP nomination ruled their day.

As far as the remaining delegates to the National Convention that will be selected at the State Convention over Memorial Day, none of the Ron Paul delegates were selected as primaries to the State Convention. However, 5 of us were selected as alternates to the State Convention and the dropout rate for the primary delegates is high enough generally that we stand a fair chance to be selected to the State Convention if the primary delegates can't attend. I wish that I had better news. Remember that only 12 delegates from Wyoming have been selected so far. ;)

tpreitzel
01-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Duplicate post.

markj
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
This country is full of idiots.

fortilite
Albany Delegate Tammy Johnson Mitt Romney

Big Horn Alternate

Campbell Delegate Greg Schaefer Mitt Romney

Carbon Alternate

Converse Delegate

Crook Delegate

Fremont Delegate

Goshen Delegate Ed Buchanan Fred Thompson

Hot Springs Delegate

Johnson Alternate Bob Snowden Uncommitted

Laramie Delegate Leigh Vosler Mitt Romney

Laramie Alternate Diane Asay Mitt Romney

Lincoln Alternate Marti Halverson Mitt Romney

Natrona Alternate

Niobrara Alternate Paul Kruse Fred Thompson

Park Alternate Marilyn Taylor Mitt Romney

Platte Alternate Marlin Driskell Duncan Hunter

Sheridan Delegate Randi Craig Duncan Hunter

Sublette Alternate Bill Cramer John McCain

Sweetwater Delegate Clark Stith Mitt Romney

Teton Delegate Joseph Schloss Mitt Romney

Uinta Delegate Dean Stout Mitt Romney

Washakie Alternate

Weston Alternate Donna Bunch Uncommitted

tpreitzel
As far as delegates to the State Convention from my county, 44 were selected as primaries and 44 selected as alternates. Of the 44 selected as primaries to the State Convention, none were Ron Paul supporters. Of the 44 selected as alternate delegates to the State Convention, 5 of us (Ron Paul supporters) were selected if the primaries can't attend the State Convention over Memorial Day.

Alex Libman
01-05-2008, 03:33 PM
So much for "Free State Wyoming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_State_Wyoming)" ...

GHoeberX
01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Putin wins with 99% of vote!!!

so what..

+1

RP 247
01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Wyoming is a state?

hmmm. learn something new everyday.

hasan
01-05-2008, 03:42 PM

lol talk about suppressing the people. at this rate there is no way a republican will win the presidency

Suzu
01-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Wyoming is a state?

The state that gave us Dick Cheney....

Chernitsky
01-05-2008, 03:43 PM
This country is full of idiots.

agreed

Rangeley
01-05-2008, 03:49 PM
agreed

Good attitude! Not.

JMO
01-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, the Romney support is strong unfortunately. In my county, we had just 4 Ron Paul supporters at the precinct caucus in mid December. Today, we had 7.

181 precinct delegates (some abstained from voting) were eligible to vote and the tallies were:

Romney 89
Thompson 37
Hunter 30
Guiliani 12
Paul 7

Many GOP delegates expressed support for Ron Paul, but the same old line that he will never get the GOP nomination ruled their day.

As far as the remaining delegates to the National Convention that will be selected at the State Convention over Memorial Day, none of the Ron Paul delegates were selected as primaries to the State Convention. However, 5 of us were selected as alternates to the State Convention and the dropout rate for the primary delegates is high enough generally that we stand a fair chance to be selected to the State Convention if the primary delegates can't attend. I wish that I had better news. Remember that only 12 delegates from Wyoming have been selected so far. ;)

I wish people would stop thinking about who can or cannot win the GOP, and start thinking who could win it all. Iowa broke a record for democrats for most voters in a primary, and the record was approx doubled. Obama and Clinton have far out raised republican candidates, and that is against the norm because in the past republicans have been the fundraisers. In my opinion no pro war candidate will win, and every pro war candidate will be linked to George Bush. I believe too many republicans are thinking who can be the bridesmaid instead of the bride.

To add to this. Didn't republicans get the hint in 2006 when democrats won seats by a overwhelming margin. The republicans were in disbelief all the way up to the day it happen, then they made zero changes afterwards. I think come Nov the republicans will be in for a rude awakening with the democratic president winning by a large margin.

J Free
01-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I wish people would stop thinking about who can or cannot win the GOP, and start thinking who could win it all. Iowa broke a record for democrats for most voters in a primary, and the record was approx doubled. Obama and Clinton have far out raised republican candidates, and that is against the norm because in the past republicans have been the fundraisers. In my opinion no pro war candidate will win, and every pro war candidate will be linked to George Bush. I believe too many republicans are thinking who can be the bridesmaid instead of the bride.

I wish more RP supporters would begin thinking of themselves as Republicans and thinking about taking over the party that would be actually nominating RP. Because that is the only way he will be nominated by the party. It is the only way he would have the chance to win the Presidency (all the party opposition we face now would turn to support once nominated by the party and its machinery). And it is the only way he would be able to have a successful Presidency (an "independent" President would be able to rely on zero votes in Congress).

mconder
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Wyoming is a state?

hmmm. learn something new everyday.

Ya...I think they are like the only state with less than a million people.