PDA

View Full Version : New Troops Ad Is Missing Something!

SilentBull
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Why doesn't the new troops ad mention that Ron Paul wants to bring the troops home????

Am I missing something? I just don't get the point of this ad that doesn't talk about Ron Paul's views.

Am I alone in thinking this?

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
If that is true, it is confirmation that the official campaign is near worthless.

This is exactly why we should all be dedicating ourselves to this forum right here, and letting South Carolina know that he WILL bring the troops home. :)

gaazn
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
anyone who knows about ron paul already knows he will bring the troops home, and will already vote for him. this is about winning some votes from military people since there is a lot of military veterans in sc.

SilentBull
01-05-2008, 03:29 PM
anyone who knows about ron paul already knows he will bring the troops home, and will already vote for him. this is about winning some votes from military people since there is a lot of military veterans in sc.

Isn't the point of the ad to get NEW people to find out about him? What makes you think people already know this when there are some that still don't know who he is?

Sey.Naci
01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Isn't the point of the ad to get NEW people to find out about him? What makes you think people already know this when there are some that still don't know who he is?The ad is clever in that it doesn't mention RP's foreign policy. It's message is simply that more military, both active and veteran, support Ron Paul than any other candidate. It's meant as a teaser and is targeted directly at people in the military. If they want to know why other members of the military support RP's campaign, then they'll check him out further.

That's what we want because trying to present his foreign policy in a 30-second sound byte just doesn't cut it.

SilentBull
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
The ad is clever in that it doesn't mention RP's foreign policy. It's message is simply that more military, both active and veteran, support Ron Paul than any other candidate. It's meant as a teaser and is targeted directly at people in the military. If they want to know why other members of the military support RP's campaign, then they'll check him out further.

That's what we want because trying to present his foreign policy in a 30-second sound byte just doesn't cut it.

I guess you're right :)

gaazn
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
you have to understand sc. the gop and democrats vote on different days, so it's not like the independents can really change their minds at the poll to vote democrat. so that leaves primary voters who already prefer republicans voting in the gop primary. the democrats will probably get all the anti-war people. if there is any state in which to not promote the anti-war position, it is south carolina because there is a lot of support for the war in sc. the ad gets people to find out more about him, without turning them off immediately. at the same time, it allows him to get votes from fellow military veterans because he and mccain are the only veterans running in the gop. sometimes you got to change your message to your audience for the greater good. so the mailers supporting the 2nd amendment is perfect in sc.

fireworks_god
01-06-2008, 08:30 AM
you have to understand sc. the gop and democrats vote on different days, so it's not like the independents can really change their minds at the poll to vote democrat. so that leaves primary voters who already prefer republicans voting in the gop primary. the democrats will probably get all the anti-war people. if there is any state in which to not promote the anti-war position, it is south carolina because there is a lot of support for the war in sc. the ad gets people to find out more about him, without turning them off immediately. at the same time, it allows him to get votes from fellow military veterans because he and mccain are the only veterans running in the gop. sometimes you got to change your message to your audience for the greater good. so the mailers supporting the 2nd amendment is perfect in sc.

Awesome, we have some real understanding of the state here! :)

You're an asset to this movement. We need to win South Carolina for Ron Paul, and the state is looking very favorable, if we collaborate on some amazing ideas to GET OUT THE VOTE, hit South Carolina hard and local, and get everything organized so that every supporter here can easily act (contact bombs, contributions, etc.), we CAN win. We WILL win if we ACT.

Going to eat and go to sleep soon, got to relax a bit and recharge my body for the next two days! Going to dedicate myself to changing reality through South Carolina! :)

phill4paul
01-06-2008, 09:19 AM
We must remember that Ron Paul will bring the troops home. Meaning that all the U.S. base closing will have to be reopened. These troops dollars will be spent in the communities and be good for the local economy. I may be wrong but I believe there have been several base closing in S.C. or that they are on the books. Perhaps this is an angle we can use in our favor.
I know that since the war started Fayettsville NCs economy has dropped off with all the troops overseas.

noztnac
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
We must remember that Ron Paul will bring the troops home. Meaning that all the U.S. base closing will have to be reopened. These troops dollars will be spent in the communities and be good for the local economy. I may be wrong but I believe there have been several base closing in S.C. or that they are on the books. Perhaps this is an angle we can use in our favor.
I know that since the war started Fayettsville NCs economy has dropped off with all the troops overseas.

Excellent point!