PDA

View Full Version : Why we should be satisfied with Iowa...

zebov
01-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I have to admit, as the results were coming in from Iowa, I was pretty disappointed. However, after having the time to sit on it for a bit, I've come to the conclusion that the Iowa results, though not optimal, are satisfactory. And here's why:

1) We beat the polls
The polls had us at ~7% average in Iowa before the caucuses. A strong 10% showing was good as we improved upon the polls by ~150%.

2) We were quite close to third
We were only a few points off from third place. This can't be a letdown. This should be hyping us up.

3) We beat the Ghoul... by a LOT
Sure, Giuliani wasn't expected to do that well... but 4% versus Paul's 10% sure does make us look that much more "dangerous" to the other candidates. Moreover, the media is spinning this more as a "win" for Paul than a "loss" for Giuliani.

4) We weren't able to contact our supporters
There hasn't been a consensus on exactly what happened with all the Christmas Vacationers on Jan 3, but it's obvious that we had absolutely no way of contacting our supporters on the day of the caucus. Whether the list of supporters to contact was 10k long or 30k long, we surely lost votes by not contacting them... and that makes the 10% we got look even better.

5) We won the independent vote
This is a big statement. I had quite a concern that McCain was going to steal all of them, but it looks like we've won them over quite handily. This makes NH even more promising.

6) Most importantly: The media is spinning it positively
That's right, the media is still considering 10% impressive. Sure, a 15% finish would have been even better, but the important thing is that CNN, MSNBC, etc. are all saying Paul surpassed expectations and could do quite well in NH. Heck, we've even got Fox News correspondents asking why in the world Paul isn't invited to their own forum.

So, what does this mean? Chin up! Things are looking much better than we think! Keep on keeping on, folks. We can't stop until we have our god-given freedoms restored and a honest White House. We can do this!

RON PAUL 2008

Rebel Resource
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
And mccain got just 5% in Iowa in 2000, but won NH

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Good summary.

Plus, Iowa is over and it's time to move on. Hit all the remaining early primary states, and lay the groundwork for a February 5th surprise.

The other candidates don't have nearly as many volunteers as Ron Paul -- we have to make this our advantage, even more than we have so far.