PDA

View Full Version : Would you support a MoneyStampede from 1/17 to 1/21?

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-05-2008, 03:05 PM
So, the grassroots is kind of split between the people who want to do an MLK Day (1/21) moneybomb and the people who want to do a Ben Franklin Day (1/17) moneybomb. A poll that has been going on (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76811) on the forum today shows that the Ben Franklin Day moneybomb has nearly twice as much support as the MLK Day moneybomb, however Trevor & Co. are demanding that the Franklin folks merge their moneybomb onto the 21st. Perhaps there is a compromise here: Some people have floated the idea of a MoneyStampede weekend that starts on Franklin Day 1/17 and goes through MLK Day 1/21. Would you support this?

01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
bump

Antonius Stone
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
we should do it. I originally supported the idea of "Patriot Week", spanning from hancock's birthday to MLK day with a goal of donating $1M per day (for a total of 7M for the week) but a 4 day stampede could work as well.

all of this must be coincided with massive grassroots activity for it to be effective.
MAKE your own fliers folks. its not difficult, it just takes a little photoshop and a little creativity and a little effort. hell if you're from California, go ahead and STEAL my flier (http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/AntoniusStone/RonPaulFlyers.jpg). just go to kinkos, make about 200 copies and knock on 200 doors. It would only cost you ~$20USD and a few hours out of your busy schedule.

go now!

Antonius Stone
01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
as a matter of fact I think we can still do the whole "patriot week" thing- but the lead-off of Hancock's bithday would be a different money bomb. The fourth link in my sig is a money-bomb site for Two Liberty Candidates running for Congress on Ron Paul's platform- thats Dean Santoro and Ted Terbolizard. They're asking for 20$ each, but I say just give 10$ to each of them then put 80$ towards the RP campaign.

coordinate with a whole weeks worth of mass demonstration, marches, sign waving and most importantly DOOR-TO-DOOR and we've got it, folks.

01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
bump

adwads
01-05-2008, 03:17 PM
It's a good idea.

gaazn
01-05-2008, 03:19 PM
i think there will already be a huge money stampede the day after ron paul finishes at least 3rd in New Hampshire.

01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
i think there will already be a huge money stampede the day after ron paul finishes at least 3rd in New Hampshire.

We can't count on that any more than we counted on finishing at least 3rd in Iowa. RealClearPolitics has us in 4th place right now, and I've learned to trust the polls until they're proven wrog.n

Rebel Resource
01-05-2008, 03:24 PM
See how this goes:

Day 1 - $1m
Day 1 - $2m
Day 1 - $3m
Day 1 - $4m
Day 1 - $5m

= 5 Days, $10m :p

Rebel Resource
01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
If this forum gets behind such an idea and we win NH, anything is possible

OKRonPaul
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I think this is needed, after watching here and the main site on 12-16 I don't think that the main donation site can handle much more than we threw at it then. If the goal is to at least double the 16th I think a multi day effort is required.

My only worry, will this be too late for the campaign to effectively spend it all before the 5th? Seems like it's cutting it rather close. Would be nice for the campaign to let us know somehow.