PDA

View Full Version : ACTION ALERT: South Carolina July 21

Razmear
07-18-2007, 01:01 AM
This just landing in my inbox, I'm sure there are more folks going to Greenville than what Chris is expecting in this email, but he'd like to see a bigger crowd at the Spartanburg event also. Chris runs the Greer, SC Meetup (281) and has been a major force in organizing this event.

eb

Here it is:

Dear Ron Paul Leaders & Supporters - This email
needs to go to your Ron Paul supporter database today,
everyone, all of them, NO exceptions - THANK YOU in
advance for your cooperation!

Just a few hours ago, I got off the phone with Rick Beltram.
I found out, we have, as of 4pm Tuesday, only been
able to confirm 225 people to attend the Spartanburg
GOP Forum for Dr. Ron Paul's visit.

Now, some may say that's not too shabby, considering
it's only been a couple of weeks to get organized, and
there's not even a paid campaign member in the state,
so it's been a 100% grass-roots, volunteer effort, right?

NO DICE!

I also understand, some of you are passing on the
Spartanburg GOP & going to directly to the Greenville Rally
at 3pm, which is fine. However, if an extra 100 are
attending the Greenville Rally, then we've only been able
to generate 350-400 people to hear Dr. Ron Paul Message
in South Carolina & that my friends is TRAGIC!!

What makes this even more embarrassing is that Heather
Nowak & Martha Mellon from Atlanta have confirmed 82 of
those 225!!! That leaves about 150 (since Heather
had some SC RSVP's) supporters actually coming from
here in South Carolina!!!

Now I know, deep in my heart, that if Iowa had
800++ in 2 weeks short notice that South Carolina
supporters can certainly match and even exceed
these efforts! (Please, no offense to those who
went to Iowa)

I'm here tonight on my keyboard, throwing down the
gantlet for ALL who've RSVP'd and even for those of you
that haven't, yet. (Rick Beltram has given us the next 48
hours to fill up the Spartanburg Venue approx. 175 more
people (I want you to call Alice at 864-542-1992 with these
new RSVP's) and I personally CHALLENGE each and everyone
reading this email (myself included), to invite, pick-up,
carpool, EVEN offer to buy their lunch, I really don't care!!

We MUST get at LEAST "3" more supporters
(some of you will do more!) but, at the very
LEAST invite "3" more friends, family, business
associates, in the "NEXT 72 HOURS" from each of
us, and we'll pack BOTH events in the name of
FREEDOM & LIBERTY!!

Folks, as I've said all along, this is BIGGER than you & I, this
is EVEN bigger than Dr. Ron Paul! This is the beginning of a
massive groundswell of a message that CAN & WILL NOT
be stopped!!

Will we be able to look our children & grand-
children & great-grandchildren in the eye one day? ... and tell
them back in 2008 we made the difference, we rose to
the occasion, we went to the next level & beyond??

SO YOU COULD BE FREE & LIVE IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY
IN THE WORLD!!

... or are we going get down on our knees,
weeping, and begging their forgiveness because we didn't do
what we know, ought to have gotten done, today?

That's the question & that's what will have to live with for
the rest of our lives...

Folks, will this be A LOT of EFFORT?
YES! and then some...

Will this mean you'll have to break-a-way from normal routines?
YES!

Will it be a MASSIVE uphill battle from the forces we know will resist us
by any means necessary?
YES!

Will we be told, it's no use, you can't possibly win, sit back and relax it's going to
be OK, anyway? ... do you really believe that?

I HOPE NOT! - or YOU wouldn't be on this email list!!

Or are you holding back, waiting for your neighbor to SAVE YOUR FREEDOM & LIBERTY?

Because you KNOW it won't get done unless we do it, NOW!!

So, LET'S DO IT!

Quit talking about it, and just do it!

As an old boss told me years ago, a little less radio and a
little more TV, meaning he didn't want to hear about it,
he wanted to see it in action!!!

Let's face it, whichever candidate has the MOST exposures,
with the LARGEST database of voters that get out to vote -
WINS the ELECTION!!!

Please be conspiculously AWARE all Ron Paul Supporters!

We are WAY WAY WAY behind!!

I hope you already know that?

It's time for action, MASSIVE action!

It's time for people to step up and take major LEADERSHIP positions, like Heather
Nowak reserving 82 seats for a South Carolina Event - even though
she lives over 100 miles away!!

You ask, am I writing about you?

YES I AM WRITING ABOUT YOU, AND I'M WRITING ABOUT ME and
to ALL the people who will READ this EMAIL!

I, FERVERENTLY PRAY THIS EMAIL FIRES YOU UP WITH A BURNING PASSION
TO GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!!

I'm told - IGNORANCE ON FIRE IS BETTER THAN KNOWLEDGE ON ICE!!

...and I'm dumb enough to believe it!!!

Time is short, people!!

The Bible says: "Whereas ye know not what shall be
on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour,
that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:14

Let's make it count for mankind's noblest of ideals!

Ideals, that we haven't seen in a long, long time ... Ideals, such as:
TRUTH, LIBERTY, JUSTICE, HONOR, CHARACTER, VIRTUE, FREEDOM, INTEGRITY
this is what separates man from beast, and this is what separates Dr. Ron Paul
from the rest or the pack!

Let's SHOUT it from the roof tops!!

America NEEDS us!

America NEEDS Dr. Ron Paul as President!

America NEEDS to hear Dr. Ron Paul's Message!!

So...

SPREAD THE WORD - SPREAD THE WORD - SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2008!!!

He NEEDS our PRAYERS, he NEEDS our EFFORTS and YES, he
NEEDS our GENEROUS Donations! https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Humbly yours,

Christopher S. Lawton

Razmear
07-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Bump,
It's in the Sticky too.

eb

Razmear
07-18-2007, 05:17 AM
A bump for everyone just waking up.

RPatTheBeach
07-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Maybe I completely misread this, but I received an email _on the day_ you had to RSVP by. However, I didn't read this email until the following day. Therefore assumed I could not RSVP as I had missed the deadline, and didn't try. Planned on skipping the GOP thing since the money went to that ^%&$&(%$% anyway, and just go to the rally afterwards.

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Question: Do you have to RSVP to attend?

I assumed that you just needed to RSVP for a guaranteed spot. I figured that you could show up and pay to get in...now that I think about it though, since it is a "lunch", they definitely need RSVPS to know how much food to get...whoops :)

I have a feeling that a lot of people were planning on showing up outside and maybe attending if there was room inside

My friend and I were going to buy tickets and go in if there was empty room

Razmear
07-18-2007, 06:15 AM
They are not selling tickets at the door to folks without a reservation.
If you want to attend the Spartanburg GOP event you must call Alice at 864-542-1992. You will pay at the door.

eb

rich34
07-18-2007, 06:54 AM
I thought Beltram said he expected about 200 people to attend?

beermotor
07-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Maybe I completely misread this, but I received an email _on the day_ you had to RSVP by. However, I didn't read this email until the following day. Therefore assumed I could not RSVP as I had missed the deadline, and didn't try. Planned on skipping the GOP thing since the money went to that ^%&$&(%$% anyway, and just go to the rally afterwards.

This is not what we need man. We need to plead our case to this guy, and we can only do that by filling up the space. This is not a massive sum they will be collecting, we've got to show them that the support for Paul is real, local, and vocal. I understand your distaste, believe me I share it, but we MUST DO THIS with the long term strategy in mind!

Come on folks! Ya gotta get on board on this one.

beermotor
07-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Question: Do you have to RSVP to attend?

I assumed that you just needed to RSVP for a guaranteed spot. I figured that you could show up and pay to get in...now that I think about it though, since it is a "lunch", they definitely need RSVPS to know how much food to get...whoops :)

I have a feeling that a lot of people were planning on showing up outside and maybe attending if there was room inside

My friend and I were going to buy tickets and go in if there was empty room

Please RSVP NOW...

you have to rsvp or else you can't get in. Also, this is cash or check only, so don't forget that.

RedStripe
07-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Bump! EVERYONE ATTEND IF POSSIBLE!

torchbearer
07-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Anyone who turns away money at the door when there is space to fill is a moron. IMO.

Razmear
07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
I know some of you might not want your $25 to go to Beltram, but if this event raises a lot of money for the Spartanburg GOP they will be grateful and will remember where the money came from.

beermotor
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
It's important to remember that this is our chance to rationally and passionately plead our case, to change their minds, to start to convert the masses of "conservatives" who've been brainwashed the past 16 years... it's now or never. Come on folks, let's do our part!

Razmear
07-18-2007, 10:25 AM
bump

MozoVote
07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Torchbearer is right. They will not turn money down at the door. I think it's more of a crowd management technique.

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
It is a lunch so they probably need to know how much food to get. I'm not giving money to the Spartanburg GOP, sorry. I might change my mind if I go there and the place is empty but no one turns down money. They will let people in if there is room

Dary
07-18-2007, 12:48 PM
If anyone is planning on going to the South Carolina event. You have until 3pm Eastern to make your reservations.

Dary
07-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Only 5 minutes left.

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
If you want to attend the Spartanburg GOP event you must call Alice at 864-542-1992. You will pay at the door.

eb

this is why there is alot of miscommunication. when people send out emails or create 'bulletins', alot of thought isn't put into it (I am talking about the one from HQ) .. its almost like they hired some dude who talks a good game but can't even tie his own shoes :confused: . For instance, I assumed you 'could' RSVP, but its not required. Alot of people assumed they could just show up and things would be cool. Its a rally, fundraiser --- just show up. No..

SO PEOPLE, RSVP ASAP !!!!!!!!!!! Get your Friends to RSVP asap!!! FAMILY!!!!

:)

rich34
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Well if we show up and they don't let us in at least they'll be a big crowd for Ron Paul outside as well. :-) The people will be like "my goodness, this man has tons of supporters!"

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 02:21 PM
There is no way that they would turn down money. They may say "We do not have enough food" but who the hell turns down money. I think our presence will be felt regardless if we're in the building or not

We really need to contact some newspapers and television news programs in SC about this!!! I'm talking on a state-wide level (Columbia, Charleston, etc)

Joe Knows
07-18-2007, 02:37 PM
It is a lunch so they probably need to know how much food to get. I'm not giving money to the Spartanburg GOP, sorry. I might change my mind if I go there and the place is empty but no one turns down money. They will let people in if there is room

From my experience, most county organizations will still let you in to see the event but you cannot eat. They will set up a few chairs in the back.

Spirit of '76
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Anybody passing through WV on the way with room for one more?

I can help with gas money. Just need to be back for work on Monday.

cajuncocoa
07-19-2007, 09:00 AM
GOP chairman weighs in

Spartanburg County Republican Party Chairman Rick Beltram said if it looks that way, it's because it is that way.

Another 50 people registered on Wednesday, Beltram said. But of the 225 who had responded by Tuesday, about 80 were coming from out-of-state and another 70 were county residents who attend nearly every GOP function.

Beltram said that events held at Summit Pointe for John McCain and Mitt Romney each attracted more than 600 people - mostly from inside the state - and both cost more per person.

"I told the Paul people today that if you look at it as he's getting 1 percent in national polling, then this is a pretty good response," Beltram said. "If you believe he's doing much better than that, then these numbers should have been much higher. If it doesn't grow much, it tells me there are a small number of people on the Ron Paul bandwagon."

rich34
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Anybody passing through WV on the way with room for one more?

I can help with gas money. Just need to be back for work on Monday.

Where do you live? I live in Sissonville. I'm not planning on going due to my financial situation, but a long drive down and a long drive back is not out of the question.

DjLoTi
07-19-2007, 09:40 AM
There's only 326 people per square mile in Spartanburg country. Giving a generous estimate that 50% of the people are republican, that brings it to 118 republicans per square mile.

Just using my good ol' political map ....

Suzu
07-19-2007, 09:44 AM
bump

NOTE: There is no need to bump a sticky post!

DeadheadForPaul
07-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Bump. I think he's going to be surprised how many people show up. I know a lot of people who did RSVP either because they did not want to give money to the spartanburg GOP or because they figured that they could pay at the door.

The desperate "please RSVP!" message did not come out until the day that you had to RSVP...

I'm willing to bt that 600+ people show up. I know there are a ton of ATL people going. Southerners are used to driving long distances so I would not be surprised at all if people from Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Virginia, etc show up. I know there were North Carolina people at Iowa

beermotor
07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Bump. I think he's going to be surprised how many people show up. I know a lot of people who did RSVP either because they did not want to give money to the spartanburg GOP or because they figured that they could pay at the door.

The desperate "please RSVP!" message did not come out until the day that you had to RSVP...

I'm willing to bt that 600+ people show up. I know there are a ton of ATL people going

We need more SC people to show up. I am still a little bit annoyed at all of you guys with your "I'm not gonna give money to the Spartanburg GOP" rhetoric. Y'all just don't understand.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM

eb

bump

Spirit of '76
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
NOTE: There is no need to bump a sticky post!

Actually, for those of us who browse the forums using the "New Posts" button, it's very helpful. :)

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
This thread isn't showing up as a "sticky" in my browser. So, I'm confused.