PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, it feels even better to donate a little money.

TheConstitutionLives
05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
For folks who are timid to give or think it's a long process of filling out forms and stuff, it's not. Just go to RONPAUL2008.com, click on "DONATE" and they have a place where you can donate with your Debit/Credit Card instantly. You can give as low as 25 dollars.

I was supporting the campaign through various ways before I took the plunge of donating money to the campaign. But I'll tell you what. When you donate it feels really good. I've got many friends who are RP supporters and I don't think they've personally donated anything. I'm gonna tell them today how easy it is so they can do it also.

Surely everyone who reads this and hasn't decided to donate yet can give a measly 25 dollars. It's nothing to you but when thousands of people give atleast 25 dollars it snowballs rapidly.

Actually, what you're doing is investing in yourself, your family, and your friends. It's a long term investment.

qednick
05-21-2007, 01:36 PM
For folks who are timid to give or think it's a long process of filling out forms and stuff, it's not. Just go to RONPAUL2008.com, click on "DONATE" and they have a place where you can donate with your Debit/Credit Card instantly. You can give as low as 25 dollars.

I was supporting the campaign through various ways before I took the plunge of donating money to the campaign. But I'll tell you what. When you donate it feels really good. I've got many friends who are RP supporters and I don't think they've personally donated anything. I'm gonna tell them today how easy it is so they can do it also.

Surely everyone who reads this and hasn't decided to donate yet can give a measly 25 dollars. It's nothing to you but when thousands of people give atleast 25 dollars it snowballs rapidly.

Actually, on the other hand, what you're doing is investing in yourself, your family, and your friends. It's a long term investment.

Actually I'm pretty sure you can donate an amount less than that because there's an extra radio button with a fill-the-figure-in-yourself field. So maybe if you can only afford $10 right now then you can still donate?

TheConstitutionLives
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure.

Dave
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
It DOES feel good. It makes you PROUD. Just try giving a little and see for yourself.

When you 'buy-in' to this movement with your own hard-earned money it helps you understand why you work in the first place. It gives you purpose.

Original_Intent
05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Compared to "lives, fortunes, and sacred honor" $25 is pretty easy. And it is the same fight, and maybe it will keep us from needing to take the first pledge in order to win our freedom BACK.

Califf
05-21-2007, 03:09 PM
we HAVE to give if he's going to have a fighting chance....Ron Paul doesn't have the financial backing of big business or his own namesake law firm so it's going to be up to us to raise the money!!! we the people!!!!

TheConstitutionLives
05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
What are the rules on donating if you're a special interest group or corporation, etc.. How does that work for someone like Hillary when a single person can only donate $1,999?

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
An individual can donate 2350 per candidate per election. The primary and the general are considered separate elections, so an individual can actually give $4700. Then the big fish usually give in the names of their spouse (or in Mitt Romney's case, spouses -- I couldn't help that) and children. So that adds up.

But PACs can give more. Not sure of the rules on how much, but it's a lot. And businesses get all of their employees to donate. Suposedly you can't require it, but you know how that works. People usually want to keep their jobs.

Bob Cochran
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
After reading a few of Dr. Paul's essays and learning about his voting record, I was more than happy to give $25, and I'm considering giving a lot more.

Bob Cochran
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
we HAVE to give if he's going to have a fighting chance....Ron Paul doesn't have the financial backing of big business or his own namesake law firm so it's going to be up to us to raise the money!!! we the people!!!!
Mine is not a big business, but it's a business and I back Dr. Paul.