PDA

View Full Version : Paul at 3% in WI

Bradley in DC
07-17-2007, 11:46 PM
http://www.strategicvision.biz/political/wisconsin_poll_071807.htm

Who is your choice for the Republican Presidential nomination in 2008? (Republicans only)
Rudy Giuliani 24%
Tommy Thompson 15%
Fred Thompson 15%
John McCain 10%
Mitt Romney 6%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Sam Brownback 3%
Ron Paul 3%
Tom Tancredo 2%
Mike Huckabee 1%
Jim Gilmore* 1%*
Duncan Hunter 1%
Undecided 14%

american.swan
07-18-2007, 12:02 AM
The website states that the margin of error is 3 percent meaning Paul falls somewhere between 0 and 6 percent.

Republicans received $654,756 from Wisconsin last quarter. Ron Paul got $17,475 or about 2.6%.

Question 10 on that survey is telling...

10. How important is it for the Republican presidential candidate to be a conservative Republican in the mode of Ronald Reagan, very important, somewhat important, not very important, not important, or undecided? (Republicans only)
Very Important 48%
Somewhat Important 18%
Not Very Important 7%
Not Important 13%
Undecided 14%

If only they knew about Ron Paul...

FreedomLover
07-18-2007, 12:08 AM
If we keep working hard, I think RP will start breaking the MoE barrier in most of these polls. But believe me, most people would support RP if they knew him and his positions, but they don't...yet! That's our job, the MSM isn't going to do jack for us.

AcidReign
07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Its too bad I wasn't called. :) Tommy was a good governor, but there is no way he is going to get enough traction. When he drops, his supporters will have to look around. Interesting note: Tommy's brother, Ed, ran for governor in 2002 on the libertarian ticket. He got 11% of the vote. I think Wisconsin could be a good state for Paul.

billv
07-18-2007, 12:44 AM
The website states that the margin of error is 3 percent meaning Paul falls somewhere between 0 and 6 percent.

Republicans received $654,756 from Wisconsin last quarter. Ron Paul got $17,475 or about 2.6%.

Question 10 on that survey is telling...

10. How important is it for the Republican presidential candidate to be a conservative Republican in the mode of Ronald Reagan, very important, somewhat important, not very important, not important, or undecided? (Republicans only)
Very Important 48%
Somewhat Important 18%
Not Very Important 7%
Not Important 13%
Undecided 14%

If only they knew about Ron Paul...

Problem with "conservatives" is that many follow a redefined conservatism, redefined by a bunch of neo-con blowhards on the radio and Fox News.

Craig_R
07-18-2007, 01:52 AM
I promise folks I'm doing all I can. I'm the guy in the black shirt and hat in these photos

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/721

there are some of us literally pouring our blood sweat and tears into getting pauls name out there in this state. we are a swing state but trust me its mostly conservatives , not that paul doesnt appeal to liberals as well.

I tell anyone who will listen (even some that wont) I have signs, stickers, pins, flyers everywhere.

it is just a matter of time, those signs are going up allover southern wisconsin and there are NO other political signs up yet.

maybe when paul is in Iowa for the straw poll he can swing by here for a meet and greet or two on the way in or out , it would do wonders for him around here.

Craig_R
07-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Its too bad I wasn't called. :) Tommy was a good governor, but there is no way he is going to get enough traction. When he drops, his supporters will have to look around. Interesting note: Tommy's brother, Ed, ran for governor in 2002 on the libertarian ticket. He got 11% of the vote. I think Wisconsin could be a good state for Paul.

I'd have to disagree with you on tommy, but ed is a good man I wrote him in for governor last midterms.

where in wisconsin are you ?

I'm thinking about starting a meetup, or joining one between here and madison, cause there are only so many folks out in the boondocks here.

Craig_R
07-18-2007, 02:03 AM
and we are an open primary state ! ripe for the pickin

issues that resonate well here would be Illegal immigration, taxes (we're taxed half to death), and GUNS(we almost passed a concealed carry referendum, against the governors wishes).

lots of folks around here still pretty gung ho about making glass parking lots and stuff so the war stuff is hit and miss, good with the city crowd bad in the sticks.