PDA

View Full Version : Why the Campaign is Targetting Huckabee in NH

dircha
01-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Yesterday there was some heated and very negative discussion about the merits of sending out comparison mailings targeting Huckabee as one part of their strategy in New Hampshire.

I see the latest post-Iowa polls are out now, and I believe they reinforce my reasoning as to why the campaign is sending out mailings to erode Huckabee's support among anti-tax, anti-IRS voters voters.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_primary-193.html

I believe it is because, as I said yesterday, Huckabee is the candidate the campaign sees as threatening us for 3rd place, and these latest post-Iowa polls reinforce that.

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Even more ammo: http://www.reason.com/blog/show/124230.html

HIGHLY-suggested reading.

OKRonPaul
01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Honestly, how many americans had even heard of Huckabee 30 days ago? He's come from nowhere, and the vast majority of his 'supporters' haven't supported him for long, and probably don't know all that much about him. Compared to McCain who is much better known, Huck's supporters should be a lot easier to siphon.

kushaze
01-05-2008, 01:48 PM
I hope America wakes up to the whole political process after seeing Huckabee win Iowa and the way candidates are not being included in debates/forums.

Sey.Naci
01-05-2008, 01:48 PM
The blatant theft by the Huckster of positions that RP has been holding for 30 years is disgusting and has to be addressed. I so wish that a video person would put something together, a comparison/contrast piece that uses side-by-side shots that

1. traces Huckster's morphing over the past few MONTHS
2. follows RP's speeches/debates over the past 20+ YEARS

And have the dates clearly showing at the top or bottom right corner.

dircha
01-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Even more ammo: http://www.reason.com/blog/show/124230.html

HIGHLY-suggested reading.

I'm glad Congressman Paul is calling him out on this.

Anyone can take a pledge, but when it came time to act, Huckabee raised taxes more in his tenure as governor of Arkansas than Bill Clinton.

Huckabee would expand federal government control and funding of education, and he would expand federal medical entitlement programs. He supported the SCHIP socialized medicine program that even Bush vetoed.

coboman
01-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Because they are incompetent morons.

DealzOnWheelz
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
If anything we can get his votes because he's stealing more of Dr. Paul's positions

i2ambler
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
CNN is basically giving free advertising for Huckabee... They just showed him speaking for the last 20 minutes. The interesting thing - he talked about healthcare - and used Ron Paul's EXACT talking points about it.

"The government and big business shouldnt make medical choices for you, you should be empowered to make the choices with your doctor"

Wow, this guy is a real scumbag with no actual policies of his own, that line is DIRECTLY from Ron Paul's health commercial!

dircha
01-05-2008, 02:05 PM
CNN is basically giving free advertising for Huckabee... They just showed him speaking for the last 20 minutes. The interesting thing - he talked about healthcare - and used Ron Paul's EXACT talking points about it.

"The government and big business shouldnt make medical choices for you, you should be empowered to make the choices with your doctor"

Wow, this guy is a real scumbag with no actual policies of his own, that line is DIRECTLY from Ron Paul's health commercial!

It's the same line the top Democrats use too.

The difference is, Huckabee and the Democrats say this, but what they really mean is that government will be paying for your medical care. And this will inevitably lead to more government control of your health care.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Huckabee is a snake oil salesman who must be exposed for the dangerous fraud he is.

voytechs
01-05-2008, 02:15 PM

See Dr. Paul is not only educating us, but the candidate too. LOL!

wfd40
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
The blatant theft by the Huckster of positions that RP has been holding for 30 years is disgusting and has to be addressed. I so wish that a video person would put something together, a comparison/contrast piece that uses side-by-side shots that

1. traces Huckster's morphing over the past few MONTHS
2. follows RP's speeches/debates over the past 20+ YEARS

And have the dates clearly showing at the top or bottom right corner.

post of the year. paging Avaroth and/or Eliberty Please!

Or perhaps even better.. Dr Paul will call Huckatard out on exactly this tonight in the ABC debates:
"::right after Huckabee steals one of Paul's pro-free market lines:: Now Mike, hold on just a second there.. I've had enough of your empty rhetoric.. In Iowa you just got done saying that ::insert populist message:: but now that we're in NH, you've gone and changed to adopting my positions... positions I've held and fought for for over 30 years. America is not in a good place right now and americans are struggling every day just to get by.. and frankly, I dont appreciate either your pandering and politiking depending on which part of the country youre in..."

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
See Dr. Paul is not only educating us, but the candidate too. LOL!

Educating and borrowing for political advantage are two entirely different things.

i2ambler
01-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Educating and borrowing for political advantage are two entirely different things.

yeah.. he has started using Ron's message whenever he thinks it will gain him some advantage. Im just wondering why anyone in the mainstream hasnt called him out on it.

freelance
01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Did you all catch that the 1/04 Rasmussen shows Ron Paul at 14%?

That's AFTER the Iowa Caucuses and it's 3% (within the MOE) ahead of Huckabee.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary

Brother Butch
01-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I am banking on the belief that NH voters do get involved and are intelligent enough to judge this high crime and misdemeanor of directly ripping off RP's bullet points.

He has absolutely no record that would suggest it. Easy enough to see that RP has and does live it if anyone half way interested takes even a quick look.

gaazn
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
ron paul needs to beat huckabee in NH to weaken him for SC. it will also give paul a huge shot of momentum.

jd603
01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Ed Rollins is how he got the media's attention. Strip votes from RP is the goal, not to get Huck elected, everyone knows that's impossible.

Honestly, how many americans had even heard of Huckabee 30 days ago? He's come from nowhere, and the vast majority of his 'supporters' haven't supported him for long, and probably don't know all that much about him. Compared to McCain who is much better known, Huck's supporters should be a lot easier to siphon.

familydog
01-05-2008, 03:52 PM

I agree. McCain should be hit on, but Huckabee's supporters will be easier to get.

Carole
01-05-2008, 03:57 PM
What about McCain and Romney????

they should be targets.

PimpBlimp
01-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Huckabee is a media generated farce designed to draw away Ron Paul voters by parroting some of Paul's views. Of course, if he wins the nomination he will be nothing like Paul and probably bring this country to its knees.

Yet the media knows he has no chance at beating one of the top tier democrats and they are fine with this because they want a democrat.