PDA

View Full Version : How much we are worth

njandrewg
07-17-2007, 11:30 PM
We all know that Ron Paul has a lot of active supporters...but how much are they worth? There are currently 23,007 active supporters on meetup.

So lets look at the conservative numbers. I would assume that if someone is active enough to be on meetup, that they spend at least 10 hours per week on the campaign. Talking to people, meeting etc. (probably an understatement for a LOT of people)

In a quarter, there are 13 weeks(91 days/7). Which means each meet up person spends 130 hours per quarter on the campaign.

With a total of 2,990,910 man hours for the group. Lets say each person gets paid minimum wage by the campaign for their efforts. Minimum wage on average is about $7 an hour. Which means we save the campaign: $20,936,370 dollars each quarter

This doesn't take into account, all the money that was spent on supplies, promotional materials, etc. Nor does it take into account all the Ron Paul supporters who are not on meetup, but who still spread his message any way they can

FreedomLover
07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Yep, it is a spontaneous reaction to Rp's agenda of freedom.

Meetup members are the soldiers on the frontlines of this war against special interest puppets. This is too damn important to leave to the national campaign hq.

empirenine
07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
We all know that Ron Paul has a lot of active supporters...but how much are they worth? There are currently 23,007 active supporters on meetup.

So lets look at the conservative numbers. I would assume that if someone is active enough to be on meetup, that they spend at least 10 hours per week on the campaign. Talking to people, meeting etc. (probably an understatement for a LOT of people)

In a quarter, there are 13 weeks(91 days/7). Which means each meet up person spends 130 hours per quarter on the campaign.

With a total of 2,990,910 man hours for the group. Lets say each person gets paid minimum wage by the campaign for their efforts. Minimum wage on average is about $7 an hour. Which means we save the campaign: $20,936,370 dollars each quarter

This doesn't take into account, all the money that was spent on supplies, promotional materials, etc. Nor does it take into account all the Ron Paul supporters who are not on meetup, but who still spread his message any way they can

I LOVE that other people like stats and numbers as much as I do. I think there are a lot of us on this site.

I also love the way you think, and I totally agree with the thought process. And you correctly note that it doesn't account for the supplies that so many of us buy out-of-pocket. I'm probably on the lower end and I've spent at least a $100.

Roxi
07-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I LOVE that other people like stats and numbers as much as I do. I think there are a lot of us on this site.

I also love the way you think, and I totally agree with the thought process. And you correctly note that it doesn't account for the supplies that so many of us buy out-of-pocket. I'm probably on the lower end and I've spent at least a $100.

i was just about to say...geez does everyone on here like to crunch numbers like me?

thuja
07-18-2007, 12:57 AM
i thought about this today, because i only talked to two people, but if every supporter talked to two people every day, and then those people tell others, we have a LOT of supporters. VOTERS

beermotor
07-18-2007, 05:03 AM

Get a blog post up on this so we can search it and get it viewed, man. This is good stuff.

aknappjr
07-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I like the idea, but 10 hours per week on average is a very generous guess.

Perhaps closer to 3-5 on average, most of which is online (unfortunately) for most of us.

I realize a number spend quite a bit more, but most of my meetup members (there are 335) HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO ONE! of our meetups (yet). And most of us use talents that worth something more than minimum wage. I might downgrade your number by half or two thirds, but I like the idea. And it's still not reported! you should submit to some RP-neutral or newsworthy blogs.

Original_Intent
07-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree, 10 hours per week is generous. Our local meetup has 50 people in it, I have attended about 1/4 of the events and usually there are 8 to 10 people that actually show up.

A few are doing a LOT and MANY are doing little/nothing. There is no doubt that the things we have done would have cost a traditional campaign millions though.

empirenine
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Just posted this on my blog since it seems like an appropriate blog for a site called "RonPaulGrassroots.com". I used 5 hours per week as the basis.

http://www.ronpaulgrassroots.com/2007/07/how-much-are-ron-pauls-supporters-worth.html

You can digg it at the link below:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/How_much_are_Ron_Paul_s_supporters_worth

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd say that I do about 3 hours/week

jj111
07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Our group has 187 members, and at general meetings we only get about 18 to 20 that show up....

empirenine
07-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I'd say that I do about 3 hours/week

Does that account for any actions you take online?

Warhawk
07-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Here's another way to figure out what we're worth.

http://www.dnscoop.com

www.ronpaul2008.com: $66,500

Twice as much as Giuliani. :cool:

A tenth as much as Romney. :(

DeadheadForPaul
07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Does that account for any actions you take online?

No, just as a ground troop :)

But I think we've conquered the net so I don't count that. Though you could argue that we organize events online and that you could count that as working

empirenine
07-18-2007, 10:51 AM
No, just as a ground troop :)

But I think we've conquered the net so I don't count that. Though you could argue that we organize events online and that you could count that as working

I think that some specific tasks on line should be counted. I found Ron Paul via the internet, not after seeing a group with a sign or a banner posted somewhere.

Actions online that are widespread and start to garner new support should be counted.

Chatting on a Ron Paul forum...probably not.
Digging an article...maybe a couple months ago.

Dropping Ron Paul's name in a totally unrelated forum...chalk it up.