PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee? McCain?

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Before getting all negative and moaning like was done in the Iowa forums, look at how many votes McCain (the only real competition we have for the nomination) is getting in this state.

Relax. The conventions in WY aren't representative of what the people want, the people aren't voting in WY right now, just a hanful of GOP insiders that can't even figure out which neocon to nominate, they are in total disarray.

tbarnett17
01-05-2008, 01:29 PM
But IF the people want Paul, and IF Paul doesn't get the nomination... then the people will NOT get to choose what they want! Simple as that. -Tyler

mokkan88
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
As true as that may be, we can't keep saying "we don't need this state or this state or this state." Ron Paul has the greatest chance of success in the smaller states, so if you live in a smaller state, get fellow Ron Paul supporters active and vote!

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
But IF the people want Paul, and IF Paul doesn't get the nomination... then the people will NOT get to choose what they want! Simple as that. -Tyler

He will get the nomination.

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
As true as that may be, we can't keep saying "we don't need this state or this state or this state." Ron Paul has the greatest chance of success in the smaller states, so if you live in a smaller state, get fellow Ron Paul supporters active and vote!

then get out and do something positive rather than negative to guarantee a victory for your precinct:

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Feelgood
01-05-2008, 01:32 PM
What I cant understand, is if there are 14 delegates for the state of Wyoming, and 12 for New Hampshire, then why do people make a bigger deal about NH then they do Wyoming? Collecting the most delegates is the key here.

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
What I cant understand, is if there are 14 delegates for the state of Wyoming, and 12 for New Hampshire, then why do people make a bigger deal about NH then they do Wyoming? Collecting the most delegates is the key here.

Because a primary election in NH offers data on a representative sample of what the people across America want. This convention in WY is not, Iowa was not.

JMO
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM

I think a major reason is because in NH the people vote, in Wyoming a select few vote. If Wyoming had a open process I think you would see more attention given to the state. Its hard for candidates to come to Wyoming and spread a message to 800 people, it's a lot easier and efficient to just get their addresses and send them mail.

Molly1
01-05-2008, 01:43 PM
That would be a ticket from Hell.

The world would groan under that possibility of 100 more years of our wars.

The good news is that ticket would lose the national election.

Paul4Prez
01-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Before getting all negative and moaning like was done in the Iowa forums, look at how many votes McCain (the only real competition we have for the nomination) is getting in this state.

McCain is broke, with no grassroots support. Giuliani is broke, with no grassroots support. Thompson is broke, with very little grassroots support. Huckabee is broke, with a lot of grassroots support.

Ron Paul is flush with cash, with more grassroots support than the rest of the candidates combined.

As this turns into a 50-state race, only Mitt Romney will be able to compete with us, because Mitt can keep loaning himself money, while the other candidates have tapped out their high dollar contributors.

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
McCain is broke, with no grassroots support. Giuliani is broke, with no grassroots support. Thompson is broke, with very little grassroots support. Huckabee is broke, with a lot of grassroots support.

Ron Paul is flush with cash, with more grassroots support than the rest of the candidates combined.

As this turns into a 50-state race, only Mitt Romney will be able to compete with us, because Mitt can keep loaning himself money, while the other candidates have tapped out their high dollar contributors.

I honestly hope this is true, and I honestly hope the national campaign isn't relying on this type of thinking.

FluffyUnbound
01-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I can't understand why the Wyoming GOP says, "We moved our caucus up to get more attention for our state" but then didn't open up the process.

If they really wanted attention for their state all they had to do was conduct a primary-style vote.